There's a very real chance AJ HAWK falls to us at number 10

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
If talking about Linebackers dont we need Greenway more?

He would play the middle in the pros and he is really aggressive.

or do we wait til 2nd 3rd round and pick up Dale Robinson from ASU for the middle?

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Go

id rather go olb in the draft im not ready to give up on hayes yet, word is he looked great in camp before the injury. as for olb huff and darling sure arent the answer and blackstock doesnt look ready to start, hawk could do great thngs for this D, especially if he had a dt in front of him to keep blockers away and let him make plays.
________
MFLB VAPORIZER

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sundevil04 said:
hou- bush
no- qb1
ten- qb2
nyj- d.ferguson or d.williams
gb- m.williams/l.white (although i dont know if i believe the report from cnnsi about them wanting white)
oak- ngata
sf- j.williams
buf- best OL
det- j.cutler (i hope he has a GREAT combine so he takes up a spot in the top 9)
az- AJ HAWK!!!!! (lb's do have a tendancy to fall a la d.johnson)

Everyone assumes he'll be gone before this but thats what i heard last year about dj, I'm keeping my fingers crossed

You have Ferguson or D Williams going to Jets. If they decide to go Williams, your mock would have Ferguson falling to 8. If Ferguson is still there at 8, I will be very upset if we do not trade up to get him. If AJ Hawk is available at the time or not.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Derrick Johnson fell because NFL teams, for some reason, do not draft LB's early in the first round. Out of the last 100 top 10 selections only 5 have been LB's. 1995-2004

I think he fell because people questioned whether he would be able to shed blockers in the NFL.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Go

it would be tempting if a talent like ferg was there at 8 but with as much as buf is looking for a lt it would cost an arm and a leg. id rather stay put and take who falls, hopefully hawk.
________
Easy Vape Vaporizers

Last edited:

Bobcat

Reaction score
sundevil04 said:
hou- bush
no- qb1
ten- qb2
nyj- d.ferguson or d.williams
gb- m.williams/l.white (although i dont know if i believe the report from cnnsi about them wanting white)
oak- ngata
sf- j.williams
buf- best OL
det- j.cutler (i hope he has a GREAT combine so he takes up a spot in the top 9)
az- AJ HAWK!!!!! (lb's do have a tendancy to fall a la d.johnson)

Everyone assumes he'll be gone before this but thats what i heard last year about dj, I'm keeping my fingers crossed

We are deep at Linebacker. We have much more pressing needs.

Bobcat

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I think he fell because people questioned whether he would be able to shed blockers in the NFL.

I doubt it. But then pro talent evaluators aren't the brightest bulbs in the lamp. Most of them miss so badly on so many guys you wonder how they got their jobs.

There are always guys talking about certain positions going higher in the draft than others. LB happened to be one that usually did not garner top 10 selections.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I don't really like Hawk but I love Carpenter and I've said before that he would be an awesome playter in the 2nd or 3rd. But I had never heard the roids thing about him before cbus told me in another thread. He is still a heck of a player though.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I always thought how awesome it was that Hawk, Carpenter and Schlegel grew their hair long in honor of Pat Tillman.

If Hawk fell to 10 we should snap him up. He would be fantastic on the outside with Dansby.

Last edited: