Things I'd Like To See Against the Chargers

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
It's the third preseason game, so we will see starters into the second half. What do you hope to see? Here's my list:

1. Kolb engineering a touchdown-scoring drive.
2. Beanie getting over 4 Yards-Per-Carry
3. Levi not having any penalties

NO INJURIES!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the third preseason game, so we will see starters into the second half. What do you hope to see? Here's my list:

1. Kolb engineering a touchdown-scoring drive.
3. Levi not having any penalties

NO INJURIES!!!

I think it's important to give this offensive line as much time playing together as possible. I don't see how benching Levi for the entire game is going to help him improve.

Steve

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think it's important to give this offensive line as much time playing together as possible. I don't see how benching Levi for the entire game is going to help him improve.

Steve

Maybe, but if Deuce ends up in the starting lineup again (and I think the expectation of pretty much everyone is that he will), then we're not really building continuity, anyway, are we?

At least Deuce has worked alongside Sendlein and Keith in the past.

EDIT: On the other hand, Levi has been a starting offensive lineman for 4 years now. I'm not sure why another 35 snaps or something in this game is really going to make a difference.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but if Deuce ends up in the starting lineup again (and I think the expectation of pretty much everyone is that he will), then we're not really building continuity, anyway, are we?

At least Deuce has worked alongside Sendlein and Keith in the past.

EDIT: On the other hand, Levi has been a starting offensive lineman for 4 years now. I'm not sure why another 35 snaps or something in this game is really going to make a difference.

I was just making the point that the only way you could reasonably hope to see zero penalties from Levi is to bench him. I think his false starts are something we're just going to have to live with unless someone can figure out how to make him a little quicker. But, you're right, this isn't the O Line we all expect to see in a few weeks.

Steve

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Kolb to Fitz TD pass.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Kolb to Roberts TD pass.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Beanie TD run of longer than 10 yards.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I want to see Alphonso Smith in 1st team rotation. We need to find out what he can do.

Did any one with the Cards explain why Ryan Willilams was the third back in the game last week? Probably didn't indicate anything but I was just curious as to why LSH was getting a series before Williams.

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Did any one with the Cards explain why Ryan Willilams was the third back in the game last week? Probably didn't indicate anything but I was just curious as to why LSH was getting a series before Williams.

Just Whiz's typical "rookies have to earn their spot reasoning," nothing against Williams.
That's fine LSH running with the 2s, but he's never going to be a 3 down back for us.
That's why we need to see what Smith brings to the table, to see if he can run against the 1s like the way he runs against 2s.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i say run smith and sit beanie so we can at least get one game outa him before he hurts himself tripping over an ant in the grass.

Black T

Reaction score
1. No injuries

2. Kolb consistency + a TD

3. Oline performs as well as last week

4. CBs. notably PP and AJ

5. See what Alfonso can do

6. Pass rush

7. No injuries

8. see #1

AZCARDSFANATIC

Veteran
Reaction score

Many of Beanie's runs have gone over 4 yards.

Kolb not look lost and score a TD.

Someone other that Schofiled get a sack at LB.

Someone show they can play the SS position other than AW, our coaches are looking like idiots on this one.

PP cover Vincent Jackson, don't care if he gets beat but VJ is a good measure for him.

Greg Toler show everyone he is the definate starter opposite whoever is our other CB. He has shown allot this pre season, I want teams to be afraid of him.

Stop the run.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Many of Beanie's runs have gone over 4 yards.

Kolb not look lost and score a TD.

Someone other that Schofiled get a sack at LB.

Someone show they can play the SS position other than AW, our coaches are looking like idiots on this one.

PP cover Vincent Jackson, don't care if he gets beat but VJ is a good measure for him.

Greg Toler show everyone he is the definate starter opposite whoever is our other CB. He has shown allot this pre season, I want teams to be afraid of him.

Stop the run.

I meant that I hope his average yardage got up above 4. To me, that would mean he had a good night.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cheerleaders are improved from last year. We brought in a few key free agents. See if they can gel and make a difference. If not we might be in trouble :D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Stewart Bradley running with the first team defense.

David Carter running with the first team defense (rotation, not starting).

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DD biting the facemask off the QB.

Porter and Washington playing "make a wish" with the QB's legs.

Dan Williams wondering if that grease spot on the ground is the QB after he just sat on him.

Beanie sitting exhausted in the end zone after just busting one for 80+ yards.

Fitz catching a perfectly thrown 40 yard pass from Kolb, breaking two tackles and running it in for a TD.

Kolb shivering slightly as the spirit of Kurt Warner passes into his body and turns him into a younger version of Kurt Warner (from his Rams SB days).

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If the Cheerleaders are improved from last year. We brought in a few key free agents. See if they can gel and make a difference. If not we might be in trouble :D

Boobies ?

You must be registered for see images attach