Think positive...

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if it's career ending trouble for Amare and he retires, his 16M salary will be off our payroll for 09-10 season. We won't be able to get anything directly from losing him. But ... you may or may not realise it might be even better.

If we don't pick up the team option on Nash, there are just about 46M on book, 13M under salary cap. We can make it 15 by trading Lopez/Tucker/Dudley for nothing. With that much cap space, you may want to have a good look at the names below.

Big man: Boozer, Okur, Pachulia, Odom, Sheed, Gooden, Wilcox.
Wing: Artest, Marion, Ariza
Point: Kidd, Bibby (maybe we can afford to lose Nash?)

Think about it! We have enough money to target Carlos Boozer! With the economy situation and the upcoming 2010 - Lebron summer, the comptiton won't be too tough, and some of them will be relatively cheap. If we don't get Boozer to replace Amare, we can split the cap room for 2 high quality role players. Say, Artest + Wilcox? Or, Bibby + Gooden?

The best part is, we don't actually lose Nash because we have his bird-right. We can offer him multi-year new contract starting by 10M per without hitting luxury tax.

Changethegame

Reaction score
A quit note about Dragic, does anyone not remember Nash's first year here, 2 MVP'S later everyone forgot how horrible he was. Devolopment is key.

Everyone here is talking about the future sucking. is getting a little tired. I started reading posts here before the Marbury experiment failed, we were close with Mr. Pringle but not quite and I think that has set alot of slighty-above-casual fan reaction. Give it time, be a fan, and have faith. It took David Robinson exagerating an injury for a year before they started to develop their dynasty.

Now that's the spirit!. Go Phoenix!!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's just a difference of opinion. Dragic > Nash. I will take potential over what I am seeing in Nash. He is turning it in. Know that.

As far as Shaq. Who cares. I want to see what we have. Give these players serious minutes. Let Barbosa and JRich be the "go to guys". I think in the long run it would make us a better team.

I play sports maaaaaan.

One of the dumbest things ever written on a messageboard I stopped reading right there! Professionals should never give up or tank games no matter what! If we get eliminated from the playoff race then some of those guys should get more time but tanking games is beyond dumb especially when we have NO CHANCE at really getting a lottery pick worth having. Besides the fact this team can't draft since the Coangelos left town. For someone who supposedly plays sports your competitive attitude is one that I would never want on my team! Teams should put it all out on the court every night if they lose they lose but you don't quit or tank games.

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score
QUOTE]

Like I said. I would rather see Dragic in instead of Nash. I. Not you or your buddies. I. My opinion.

Nashman?? I would figure you want NASH in. Let him go man..

Its over.

Nash is losing games with his play. Bottom line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05