This board's current problems

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are in the doldrum period of the NFL year and there is a war going on. Tempers are short.

First, a few suggestions:

1. If you're going to be thin-skinned, you shouldn't post on a public forum. Anybody who feels threatened or insulted should contact me and if I don't or can't resolve it, consider leaving the forum.

2. Foul language (even mispelled) does not endear you to me.

3. Grinding negativism, like that embraced by NEM, Kerouac, and to some degree, cheesebeef, destroys all possible enjoyment participation here can provide. There is a huge difference between open-minded realism and mind-numbing negativity. Who decides what is what? I do.

As the little guy with the big ears says : "Here's the deal:"

1. On Monday I'll start shifting all war threads to the Everything Else board.

2. Regulars get cut some slack. Chris Sanders - you overreacted and overstepped.

3. You people make this board what it is. I need you to self-police and exercise restraint, please. My only tool is to ban someone and I will when I must, but it's really up to you to make this board a nice place to visit.

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
thanks for this thread Skkorp. I enjoy being here too!!

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
Skkorp, by the way, I hope you erased that much-to-be-desired thread that was entitled with the misspelled 'f' word because I can't see it on here.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A good healthy drunk fest at the draft party should ease some tension! Who's up for it?

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Young Gun
Skkorp, by the way, I hope you erased that much-to-be-desired thread that was entitled with the misspelled 'f' word because I can't see it on here.

Yes. Some threads can't be fixed quickly so they die!:twisted:

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
Skkorpion:

I read the posts here everyday, but rarely post.

Thanks for making this board a calm island in the wild and sometimes negative ocean of the internet.

I've been a fan of the Cards for over 40 years, so I've had my good time and way to many bad times with the Cards but I will always be a part of the half full crowd here on the board.

There are those, however, that would complain and put the Cards down if they won three SB in a row but didn't wil four in a row.

Again, THANKS

Bill:wave:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I did overreact, but it also got the desired effect. Maybe we can stop lording our opinions over each other now.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
Yes I did overreact, but it also got the desired effect. Maybe we can stop lording our opinions over each other now.

The desired affect of solving a problem that you do yourself?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
We are in the doldrum period of the NFL year and there is a war going on. Tempers are short.

First, a few suggestions:

1. If you're going to be thin-skinned, you shouldn't post on a public forum. Anybody who feels threatened or insulted should contact me and if I don't or can't resolve it, consider leaving the forum.

2. Foul language (even mispelled) does not endear you to me.

3. Grinding negativism, like that embraced by NEM, Kerouac, and to some degree, cheesebeef, destroys all possible enjoyment participation here can provide. There is a huge difference between open-minded realism and mind-numbing negativity. Who decides what is what? I do.

As the little guy with the big ears says : "Here's the deal:"

1. On Monday I'll start shifting all war threads to the Everything Else board.

Well put Skorp. I am on one other board which eventually had to establish a Social Board to cover the war,politics and other problems for which the board was not created. The Social Board became the anti social board as Pro War and Anti War foes got totally out of hand and mean. The board was shut down for a one week cooling off period. No reason to ever call any one names,curse, or be just plain mean even if you do not agree with someone.

2. Regulars get cut some slack. Chris Sanders - you overreacted and overstepped.

3. You people make this board what it is. I need you to self-police and exercise restraint, please. My only tool is to ban someone and I will when I must, but it's really up to you to make this board a nice place to visit.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I'm only here to post about football, and occasionally about whatever wacky topics Sec. 11 dreams up.

Nobody gives a rats arse what I think politically anyways. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks Skkorp for maintaining sanity here.

I still feel inferior, however, because I can't put waving smiley faces on my posts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
hmm, i'm sorry to see that cheesebeef's realism is taken as such problematic negativity. he's just reacting to what he's seen all these years. i think calling him NEM (as many on this board have done) or lumping him in that category (even nominally) is unfair as he is a die-hard cardinals fan. i sincerely hope that banishment is not a likely outcome for his commentary. this board would be so boring if not for different opinions. and, as this board has the eternal happy-happy-joy-joy people (who, i gotta admit, infuriate me 'cuz they just don't seem to have rational arguments or evidence or history behind their sentiments) it really must have the counterbalance of the doomsayers. just my two-cents.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
A good healthy drunk fest at the draft party should ease some tension! Who's up for it?

Just noticed this thread.

21... BONZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think cheesebeef and kerouac9 are usually correct in their sentiments and should continue to provide their opinions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
y'know, 'cuz i'm usually trying to sneak read/post during work i minimize my screen so that i can only read the posts. i usually don't even know who posts what (though i can usually tell when it's my bro, lex, 11, or tango). the only time i check out the identity of the poster is when they say sumpin' really inflammatory (or when they criticize my comments - a no-no).

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
hmm, i'm sorry to see that cheesebeef's realism is taken as such problematic negativity. he's just reacting to what he's seen all these years. i think calling him NEM (as many on this board have done) or lumping him in that category (even nominally) is unfair as he is a die-hard cardinals fan. i sincerely hope that banishment is not a likely outcome for his commentary. this board would be so boring if not for different opinions. and, as this board has the eternal happy-happy-joy-joy people (who, i gotta admit, infuriate me 'cuz they just don't seem to have rational arguments or evidence or history behind their sentiments) it really must have the counterbalance of the doomsayers. just my two-cents.

That is all fine and good but when you get that e-mail that cheesebeef has replied to your post, 9 times out of 10 you automatically think its a negative coment. I throw in critcism but i also say positive things. When most of your posts are negative there is a problem. I kno you 2 are buddies and you probably know him better than any of us but you must understand where everyone is coming from when they talk about how negative he is. All im saying is look at it from an objective point of view.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
uh, we're more than buddies. he's my little brother.

and negative or not, it's still his opinion. and he bases his opinion on what he knows of football (which is actually quite considerable) and his past experience with the cards. you should have seen him when the cards first moved to phx. at the time i was a rams fan (we didn't have a team for so many years so i adopted the closest thing, the rams). when stump mitchell ran all over my rams squad he couldn't wait to call me up and gloat. he knew stats on everyone on the team, even the friggin' linemen. if he's negative now it's from years of being beaten down by the cards. if they're allowed to do it to him why is the reverse not true? fair's fair as far as i'm concerned.

now i agree, sometimes he gets a little heated with his criticism, but it's no more so than the eternal optimists when their opinion is refuted. as long as he's not being mean, negativity alone should not be cause for threats of banishment. so now i'm up to four cents.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
uh, we're more than buddies. he's my little brother.

and negative or not, it's still his opinion. and he bases his opinion on what he knows of football (which is actually quite considerable) and his past experience with the cards. you should have seen him when the cards first moved to phx. at the time i was a rams fan (we didn't have a team for so many years so i adopted the closest thing, the rams). when stump mitchell ran all over my rams squad he couldn't wait to call me up and gloat. he knew stats on everyone on the team, even the friggin' linemen. if he's negative now it's from years of being beaten down by the cards. if they're allowed to do it to him why is the reverse not true? fair's fair as far as i'm concerned.

now i agree, sometimes he gets a little heated with his criticism, but it's no more so than the eternal optimists when their opinion is refuted. as long as he's not being mean, negativity alone should not be cause for threats of banishment. so now i'm up to four cents.

Sorry i didnt know you were family that just makes you want to defend him more which is fine but you are obviously not understanding why we think he is negative. We have fans on this board that have been fans 40+ years. They are not nearly as negative as cheesebeef. Most of us have been fans for a substantial amount of time, but that doesnt give anyone the right to consistanly be negative. I know that it is his opinion but you could say that all trolls say their opinions. It is how you voice your opinions that matters. If you say it in such a way that he does sometimes people dimiss the opinion and just look at the negativity and that is not what this board is about. Everybody has a right to their opinions but you should say it in a manner that is respectable to the board and its posters.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for some ASFN Survivor! I don't want to get voted off the island...

CARDS 16-0 IN 2003!!!!!!!!! EMMITT FOR MVP!!!!!!!! NATE POOLE FOR 1500 YDS!!!!!!!!! LET'S DRAFT BYRON LEFTWICH!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05