This board's current problems

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus - am I handstrung or what? But it's my mantra in life - if you're gonna do something - never do it half-assed - make your mark regardless of what that is - people may love it or people may hate - but why have people be indifferent to it? Sorry guys - I don't anyone here realizes how much I hope people get to dump on me next season if everything I'm saying is proven to be wrong - I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life (well about sports that it is) - but try to be objective to me as well - hell I thought I was actually doing a better job since I got back from Europe - saying I'll have to wait and see with Graves backing off my earlier claims that he was a bafoon - and I've gone back and forth on the whole Emmitt debate - but I guess some people have earmarked me for a NEM - which to me is both insulting and a pat on the back in some ways - one I think his knowledge of football and bashing of the Cards isn't all that far off - however to do so as another team's fan and to come on here just to make people miserable is weak ass poop.

I really can't retort to anything else because it is Skorpp's site and if I did, I would likely get banned -don't think the higher ups like me too much - but I do like getting into convos with other Cardinals fans no matter how delusion I think they are or how delusional they think I am. Can I ask a question though? Ah screw it, that question would have gotten me banned as well! In the great word of 4LIFE - WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Zig Ziglar says your most important asset is a positive mental attitude. I'm an eternal optomist because I personally don't see any benefit to being negative. Some people use negative thoughts to protect themselves from being disappointed...

If not for people like the Beef, people like me wouldn't be so special.

BEEFY'S IIN TROUBLE, BEEFY'S IIN TROUBLE.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Sounds like it's time for some ASFN Survivor! I don't want to get voted off the island...

CARDS 16-0 IN 2003!!!!!!!!! EMMITT FOR MVP!!!!!!!! NATE POOLE FOR 1500 YDS!!!!!!!!! LET'S DRAFT BYRON LEFTWICH!!!!!!!

Hilarious

:thumbup:

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Hey Jim

Originally posted by jstadvl
talk to one of your moderators.

Hey, any time Jim wants to de-moderator me is fine. I never asked for it and it's only the case so that I can post articles without annoying Mike to do it for me.

And yeah, I have a filthy mouth, I'm trying to cut back. I apologize. Go leave ChiCard some scolding private messages, he raised me this way.

(kidding)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ed, your last post was hysterical. i guess beef and i should probably give you all access to our pop as well. he DEFINITELY raised us to be the sports fans that we are. the acorn don't fall far from the tree.

azcardfan1616 - i know this is a private board, but with all the flag waving i really thought it would be more patriotic and thus, more open-minded. one of the bastions of our great nation is freedom of speech and expression. all opinions are welcome. i'd hope in this time of war this site would celebrate the fact that we have cards fans with varied opinions. for you to say that he doesn't have "a right to be negative" just strikes me as censoring hogwash. negativity has it's place in life. without the negative one would never truly experience the full power of the positive. without the negative one has no reason to exist in the plane of reality. would this board be so fun if everyone was happy and agreeing all the time? would that be realistic? is it just 'cuz he's mainly negative that's the problem? why not ignore who is writing the post (which most likely predisposes you to discredit whatever it is they're saying before even reading it) and read the post for what it is - opinion and debate?

do you think we doomsayers WANT to be negative? absolutely not! we're wholely positive about the suns b/c they've given us reasons to be positive. we revelled in the d'backs for similar reasons. the season the cards went to the playoffs we were higher than ever! even had a cardinals cake at the playoff party our third brother threw. beef smacked his face in the cake at the end of the game and then went running outside and jumped in the pool fully clothed! does that sound like someone who WANTS to be negative? not by a longshot. so when we doomsayers speak negatively it is purely in connection to what we're seeing. you wouldn't have heard this negativity last offseason when we signed starks and freddy jones if beef and i had been posting then, we were stoked. but we were raised to be realistic fans. and reality is, the cards stink and have stunk for long enough that it's really ingrained in our psyche.

someone said earlier that our negativity is the kind that even if we won the superbowl 3 times we'd be pissed that we didn't win the fourth. well, that's just casting negative aspersions on peeps you don't know. we'd gladly sell ourselves into cap-hell for the chance at one superbowl ala the dbacks. we still pop in the commemorative world series dvd and enjoy it, even if the dbacks are growing old in the tooth.

so don't be too quick to do away with the negatives, b/c your life would be a whole lot more boring and unreal without 'em.

can i get an amen?

Last edited:

Walter Mitchell

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Skkorp: I can't thank you enough for creating and maintaining the best Cardinal fan forum I've ever seen or been a part of...by far. Not only is it fun and interesting to share opinions on this board...this board offers a WEALTH of timely information...which for an out-of-towner like myself is the best resource I could ask for next to NFL Sunday Ticket!

Skkorp, Thank you for welcoming me and all of the posters to your board. I appreciate all the hard work you do to assure that standards of decorum are upheld and administered to..,which is not only a reflection of the integrity of the board itself, but your own integrity, Skkorp. Again, I cannot thank you enough.

I would also like to thank all the posters who go to the effort of providing detailed information on local press conferences, radio shows and ESPN insider articles. This is one of the many reasons why this board is so outstanding and informative. Keep 'em coming!

As for my two cents, I would just say that when posters take the time to write thoughtful posts it is sometimes quite demoralizing to be hit with a one line dismissal or knee jerk reaction. This happens every now and then.

For example, two days ago I spent over two hours preparing my mock draft picks #1-37...and put a significant amount of thought into each pick...hand in hand with the previous research I had done on each team's needs and draft projections. When it was finished I was pretty excited with it...recognizing that it was probably the most thorough mock draft of the first 40 or so picks I have ever written.

While I was expecting a wide variety of opinions on the matter...which I relish...I was very disappointed to find that the first reply to my mock draft was a one line blow off of my entire post. To me that's an insult. I shrugged it off, but, to be honest, it bothered me.

As Skkorp suggests, we shouldn't be thin-skinned about the posts and relpies we write. And I have developed layers of iguana skin as much as the next guy. But, I would just say that respectful and insightful rebuttals are what often times make the threads so intriguing and enlightening...and give the threads momentum...whereas one line attacks tend to serve more as thread killers. A little respect goes a long way.

Like Atticus said to Jeb and Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird, "You never really know a man...until you've walked a mile in his shoes." Amen, Atticus!

Thanks again to one and all, and especially to you, Skkorp.

Walter Mitchell

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walter Mitchell
Skkorp: I can't thank you enough for creating and maintaining the best Cardinal fan forum I've ever seen or been a part of...by far. Not only is it fun and interesting to share opinions on this board...this board offers a WEALTH of timely information...which for an out-of-towner like myself is the best resource I could ask for next to NFL Sunday Ticket!

Skkorp, Thank you for welcoming me and all of the posters to your board. I appreciate all the hard work you do to assure that standards of decorum are upheld and administered to..,which is not only a reflection of the integrity of the board itself, but your own integrity, Skkorp. Again, I cannot thank you enough.

I would also like to thank all the posters who go to the effort of providing detailed information on local press conferences, radio shows and ESPN insider articles. This is one of the many reasons why this board is so outstanding and informative. Keep 'em coming!

As for my two cents, I would just say that when posters take the time to write thoughtful posts it is sometimes quite demoralizing to be hit with a one line dismissal or knee jerk reaction. This happens every now and then.

For example, two days ago I spent over two hours preparing my mock draft picks #1-37...and put a significant amount of thought into each pick...hand in hand with the previous research I had done on each team's needs and draft projections. When it was finished I was pretty excited with it...recognizing that it was probably the most thorough mock draft of the first 40 or so picks I have ever written.

While I was expecting a wide variety of opinions on the matter...which I relish...I was very disappointed to find that the first reply to my mock draft was a one line blow off of my entire post. To me that's an insult. I shrugged it off, but, to be honest, it bothered me.

As Skkorp suggests, we shouldn't be thin-skinned about the posts and relpies we write. And I have developed layers of iguana skin as much as the next guy. But, I would just say that respectful and insightful rebuttals are what often times make the threads so intriguing and enlightening...and give the threads momentum...whereas one line attacks tend to serve more as thread killers. A little respect goes a long way.

Like Atticus said to Jeb and Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird, "You never really know a man...until you've walked a mile in his shoes." Amen, Atticus!

Thanks again to one and all, and especially to you, Skkorp.

Walter Mitchell

Speaking of insightful threads . . .

we need more of your insight, Walter. Always look forward to your posts, it just seems you used to post more on the other board. Don't be stranger.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
ed, your last post was hysterical. i guess beef and i should probably give you all access to our pop as well. he DEFINITELY raised us to be the sports fans that we are. the acorn don't fall far from the tree.

The amount of profanity that gets released into the atmosphere in his house on Sundays is beyond belief.

C'mon, it's football. If we don't want to swear a lot, we'll go watch cricket.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE

azcardfan1616 - i know this is a private board, but with all the flag waving i really thought it would be more patriotic and thus, more open-minded. one of the bastions of our great nation is freedom of speech and expression. all opinions are welcome. i'd hope in this time of war this site would celebrate the fact that we have cards fans with varied opinions. for you to say that he doesn't have "a right to be negative" just strikes me as censoring hogwash. negativity has it's place in life. without the negative one would never truly experience the full power of the positive. without the negative one has no reason to exist in the plane of reality. would this board be so fun if everyone was happy and agreeing all the time? would that be realistic? is it just 'cuz he's mainly negative that's the problem? why not ignore who is writing the post (which most likely predisposes you to discredit whatever it is they're saying before even reading it) and read the post for what it is - opinion and debate?

do you think we doomsayers WANT to be negative? absolutely not! we're wholely positive about the suns b/c they've given us reasons to be positive. we revelled in the d'backs for similar reasons. the season the cards went to the playoffs we were higher than ever! even had a cardinals cake at the playoff party our third brother threw. beef smacked his face in the cake at the end of the game and then went running outside and jumped in the pool fully clothed! does that sound like someone who WANTS to be negative? not by a longshot. so when we doomsayers speak negatively it is purely in connection to what we're seeing. you wouldn't have heard this negativity last offseason when we signed starks and freddy jones if beef and i had been posting then, we were stoked. but we were raised to be realistic fans. and reality is, the cards stink and have stunk for long enough that it's really ingrained in our psyche.

someone said earlier that our negativity is the kind that even if we won the superbowl 3 times we'd be pissed that we didn't win the fourth. well, that's just casting negative aspersions on peeps you don't know. we'd gladly sell ourselves into cap-hell for the chance at one superbowl ala the dbacks. we still pop in the commemorative world series dvd and enjoy it, even if the dbacks are growing old in the tooth.

so don't be too quick to do away with the negatives, b/c your life would be a whole lot more boring and unreal without 'em.

can i get an amen?

don't try the Suns and D-Backs argument - I already got yelled at for that one before I left - WAIT A MOMENT! That's what happened - was it all rosy and hand-holding for those two weeks I was in Europe? Am I really this big of an instigator and someone to rile of people's opinions (well along with Kerouac)? If so - then I pat myself on the back - don't you guys want to have something heated to debate while at work - Isn't work boring as hell for you people? Judging by how much time i'm here as well as everyone else - I am going to answer everyone and say YES! Man - I've been posting and deleting posts all day long for fear of being BANNED - a word and phrase I can not believe is used in a FORUM - a forum is a place to voice opinions and ebate - I DO NOT CALL PEOPLE NAMES - AM I NEGATIVE? YES? IS IT MIND-NUMBING NEGATIVITY WITH ZERO ANALYSIS WHY I AM NEGATIVE - NO! Guys if everyone agreed with each other - THERE'D BE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT! And personally - since this team hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years - or even sniffed the playoffs in five years - and is coming off a 1-9 finish - I am startled to see people jumping on someone who is negative - Look we have made moves - does that mean I have to jump up and down about them? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on those moves? And don't get me wrong - I like a couple of the moves - Jackson, Hodgins - but that doesn't mean I have to like ALL OF THEM - DOES IT?

Look, I'm gonna be me - I mean Skorp - you wrote it yourself - this is a public forum - "If you're going to be thin-skinned, you shouldn't post on a public forum. Anybody who feels threatened or insulted should contact me and if I don't or can't resolve it, consider leaving the forum" - does that apply to all other posters except me? Does - I won't go into the whole America free speech stuff because this is your board and you will govern it as you choose - but if you're gonna set those ground rules - I would hope I am not excluded by them. I DO appreciate this site and think you do a great job.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ed, you have no idea what sports can do to a man until you've met my father and subsequently watched him in connection with sports. my father is the most mild-mannered individual you'll ever meet. he's one of those guys who think may be a mute 'cuz he never talks. but you get him in a sporting event and - WHOOO - the filter is OFF!

when i was 5 he was watching a suns game. my mom found me hiding under a coffee table i was so scared. i had never heard my father yell much less unleash the string of expletives (most of which i didnt' know) that spewed forth from his frothing mouth.

then later, at a cards home game a nice old lady leaned over to my pops and told him he had the filthiest mouth she had ever heard. that, to this day, remains the single funniest line me and my brothers have ever been privy too. we remind him of it regularly.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
There is an old saying that goes:

"The enemy, of my enemy, is my friend!"

Maybe you guys need to bring back NEM. He seemed to unite the posters here with the common goal of blasting him instead of each other ;)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
houdini - now THAT'S funny.

actually, when it boils right down to it, this thread or sticky is titled "This board's current problems" and, the way i see it, i don't think this board currently has any real problems. but i guess some have complained as of late. that's too bad. i think we've seen some really good lively debate as of late (though more so surrounding the boston escapade - now THAT was fun!).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walter Mitchell

Walter Mitchell

Okay - Walter - now I know that that was a veiled attack at me - why didn't you what happened on that entire post - like the fact that I recanted what I said and said I was being a jerk and then went on to have a discussion with you about what you had written. Or that others joined in the fray then also. Convenient to leave that part out wasn't it? It's also convenient for people to leave out the fact that I have said repeatedly that I am dying to eating crow and will be first in lineto do so in a majority of the messages that I post in regards to my dislike of the moves we have made - but I guess none of that matters. Personally, I expected more from you Walter - considering the high standards you hold yourself too - Respect goes both ways.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hard to be a Cardinals' fan at times, but in all the years they've been here and I've gone to their home games, I've yet to swear because of a dropped pass or an interception or even a loss. Swearing isn't part of football. Swearing is an individual exhibiting a poor choice of words. Some choose to swear and some choose not to.

Anyway, about negativity...as a Cardinals' fan most of us interact with others that constantly rip the Cards regardless of what they did on any given Sunday. It gets old really fast. I have an Uncle who doesn't even follow the NFL, but is always there to complain after a Cards loss.

There's nothing like going to a game and hearing the fans around you complain and hear some of them say the team sucks, then you drive home listening to the postgame show callers talk about how much the team sucks, then get home, log on to the web and go to this board...to read about how much the team sucks. :rolleyes:

My wife and I go to the games optimistic that we're going to win each game, but we don't leave devastated and cussing if and when we lose rather than win. We sweep it under the rug and look forward to the next opponent.

That being said, we act like fools whenever we do win, taunting the opposing team's fans as they shuffle out of SDS. :D

My point is: There's enough negativity outside of this board directed at the team, on local radio, on national radio, at the workplace watercooler, on the Simpsons ( :D ), etc that it's nice to come here and rationally discuss our team and its players.

And yes, it is okay to be negative. Some people take longer to recover from a loss or a poor management decision than others. But there are some people that post here who ALWAYS come off as negative. That gets old.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
It is hard to be a Cardinals' fan at times, but in all the years they've been here and I've gone to their home games, I've yet to swear because of a dropped pass or an interception or even a loss. Swearing isn't part of football. Swearing is an individual exhibiting a poor choice of words. Some choose to swear and some choose not to.

Anyway, about negativity...as a Cardinals' fan most of us interact with others that constantly rip the Cards regardless of what they did on any given Sunday. It gets old really fast. I have an Uncle who doesn't even follow the NFL, but is always there to complain after a Cards loss.

There's nothing like going to a game and hearing the fans around you complain and hear some of them say the team sucks, then you drive home listening to the postgame show callers talk about how much the team sucks, then get home, log on to the web and go to this board...to read about how much the team sucks. :rolleyes:

My wife and I go to the games optimistic that we're going to win each game, but we don't leave devastated and cussing if and when we lose rather than win. We sweep it under the rug and look forward to the next opponent.

That being said, we act like fools whenever we do win, taunting the opposing team's fans as they shuffle out of SDS. :D

My point is: There's enough negativity outside of this board directed at the team, on local radio, on national radio, at the workplace watercooler, on the Simpsons ( :D ), etc that it's nice to come here and rationally discuss our team and its players.

And yes, it is okay to be negative. Some people take longer to recover from a loss or a poor management decision than others. But there are some people that post here who ALWAYS come off as negative. That gets old.

Okay - I just want to make sure I'm getting this straight - if I see something I like - that is the only time now apparently that I should comment - because I have put positive posts on this board which have all been ignored - and personally I feel like I'm being stereotyped here - people read what they want to read and see what they want to see and I can't help that, but muzzling people because their viewpoints are different from yours just doesn't seem right to me. Have any of the people that don't view this team as making all the right moves EVER called out the eternal optimists and asked them to stop posting? No - they may have thoughts their arguments were ridiculous and then stated why that is so (or sometimes not) but that is their opinion - To ask others not to post negative things just doesn't jive with me.

Also - So are you saying that people can "rationally" discuss why the moves we have made are great, but others can't flip the coin and "rationally" discuss why we are still pessimistic?

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Okay - I just want to make sure I'm getting this straight - if I see something I like - that is the only time now apparently that I should comment - because I have put positive posts on this board which have all been ignored - and personally I feel like I'm being stereotyped here - people read what they want to read and see what they want to see and I can't help that, but muzzling people because their viewpoints are different from yours just doesn't seem right to me. Have any of the people that don't view this team as making all the right moves EVER called out the eternal optimists and asked them to stop posting? No - they may have thoughts their arguments were ridiculous and then stated why that is so (or sometimes not) but that is their opinion - To ask others not to post negative things just doesn't jive with me.

Also - So are you saying that people can "rationally" discuss why the moves we have made are great, but others can't flip the coin and "rationally" discuss why we are still pessimistic?

Personally, I don't care if you're negative in every post. I can pick and choose what I read. I was just trying to explain to you why some people might be complaining about the negativity. You said you were startled when people reacted to the negativity and I was attempting to put forth a valid reason for that reaction.

As far as rationally discussing things, I just meant putting forth our opinions, even when different, positive or negative, in a respectful manner. It is frustrating to post your opinion, or an entire mock draft as some have, and get a short response like: "You suck, the team sucks, and your mother wears sucky combat boots."

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
It is frustrating to post your opinion, or an entire mock draft as some have, and get a short response like: "You suck, the team sucks, and your mother wears sucky combat boots."

You suck.

I like the new avatar! Sharp!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
sucky combat boots - that sucks, particularly in light of the fact that the army now has some hi-tech boots that are being manufactured by the x-game industry. they're pretty cool.

as for someone bashing your mock draft, i think that stinks. a mock draft is just someone killing some time playing fun mind games with themselves. if they want to share it with others people should be mindful of the drafter's feelings. it's easy to tear something apart, a lot more difficult to dream something up. if you think someone's prediction is outta whack, well, you can voice your opinion, but telling someone they suck because they dreamt something up, that's just flat uncool.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
You suck.

I like the new avatar! Sharp!

Wow, a compliment on my avatar, by the ASFN-avatar-king himself. :eek: Cool. :cool: Thanks. :thumbup:

Yours is a classic!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care if you're negative in every post. I can pick and choose what I read. I was just trying to explain to you why some people might be complaining about the negativity. You said you were startled when people reacted to the negativity and I was attempting to put forth a valid reason for that reaction.

As far as rationally discussing things, I just meant putting forth our opinions, even when different, positive or negative, in a respectful manner. It is frustrating to post your opinion, or an entire mock draft as some have, and get a short response like: "You suck, the team sucks, and your mother wears sucky combat boots."

Okay - startled was a bit strong - especially having read this board before I started posting and I agree about "you suck, the team sucks . . yada yada" - that kind of stuff does suck - but I rarely see people doing that kind of stuff unless Jake is involved (or the huge Boston thread debate). Hey man, I wish I could positive about these guys, and they still have until training camp to do make me so - but I just wish our biggest needs (besides QB) were addressed before we started boosting our "depth" and other areas were it wasn't absolutely imperative.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Have a crappy weekend. I'm outta heeya.

weeee.

this thread needs to be put to rest . . .

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
You should see the azcardinals.com message board..everyone hates each other over there I'm glad to be on this one and not get yelled at by 10 cowboy fans at once. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05