This certainly isn’t the Kyler we’re used to….

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let me guess, you also think it's Kyler's fault he scored a touchdown to go up 17-3 and didn't get the ball back until it was 17-17. He blew that lead huh? You would think people who spend their time on a sports board would at least understand the basics of the game
No. I think it is Kyler’s fault he only threw for 32 yards in the 2nd half. I think it is Kyler’s fault he crapped the bed on two 4q drives m. I feel like it is Kyler’s fault he missed his WR1 wide open in the end zone.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No. I think it is Kyler’s fault he only threw for 32 yards in the 2nd half. I think it is Kyler’s fault he crapped the bed on two 4q drives m. I feel like it is Kyler’s fault he missed his WR1 wide open in the end zone.

Okay, yes, K1 missed MHJ on that one play.

But on the last drive, did you see the dime that he dropped into Wilson's breadbasket, which Wilson butchered and then let fall to the ground?

WTF is Kyler supposed to do there Chopper? Run down the field and hand it to MW?

Let's keep it fair okay? This one isn't all on Murray by any stretch of the imagination.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Let me guess, you also think it's Kyler's fault he scored a touchdown to go up 17-3 and didn't get the ball back until it was 17-17. He blew that lead huh? You would think people who spend their time on a sports board would at least understand the basics of the game
Chopper is one of the dumbest guys around, not even worth arguing with.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t forget the Wilson drop and the officials just refusing to call PI on the Bills.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
The most deflating thing about all this isn’t even the loss, I’m used to that as a cardinals fan. It’s that Kyler and this offense just don’t have that X factor/clutchness to seal up a game. A good offense punishes teams given 2 chances to score the game winning drive in the last 6 minutes, we just keep finding ways to squander it.

Tons of excuses, but at the end of the day they just can’t get it done, and that starts largely with Kyler. It’s early in the season, I hope he finds it, but man it’s tough to watch this guy play in his current form.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most deflating thing about all this isn’t even the loss, I’m used to that as a cardinals fan. It’s that Kyler and this offense just don’t have that X factor/clutchness to seal up a game. A good offense punishes teams given 2 chances to score the game winning drive in the last 6 minutes, we just keep finding ways to squander it.

Tons of excuses, but at the end of the day they just can’t get it done, and that starts largely with Kyler. It’s early in the season, I hope he finds it, but man it’s tough to watch this guy play in his current form.
That really was the biggest bummer of the day. We got the ball twice in the fourth quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. The first time Kyler had two passes batted down and then got sacked when someone sneezed on him.

The atrocious D then actually held Buffalo to a FG and Kyler had another chance for a game winning drive, had one bad drop, then missed a ridiculously wide open Harrison for 7 and then threw up a Hail Mary to the smallest guy on the field on fourth down.

He’s being paid to be a star but when the chips are down, he just rarely shines bright.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler was good early, then he was very much not. Plus they threw up a graphic showing how he was doing nothing 10 or more yards down the field. He needs to do a lot more for us to keep the faith with him.

To be fair, Petzing didn't do him any favors in the 2nd half. The whole '70s style offense isn't going to cut it in the modern NFL. I told the TV "Do NOT go scared and conservative" when they got the ball in the third quarter. So, of course, it was run, run, pass, punt lol

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler was good early, then he was very much not. Plus they threw up a graphic showing how he was doing nothing 10 or more yards down the field. He needs to do a lot more for us to keep the faith with him.

To be fair, Petzing didn't do him any favors in the 2nd half. The whole '70s style offense isn't going to cut it in the modern NFL. I told the TV "Do NOT go scared and conservative" when they got the ball in the third quarter. So, of course, it was run, run, pass, punt lol
Wonder where our resident “pound the rock” poster is?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Since we're all overreacting.

Kyler doesn't trust Kyler in this offense.

Petzing doesn't have the answers to make him get the most out of himself (yet).

He was conservative in Kliff's offense too, but he'd make a few throws to keep defenses honest. Maybe that's the throwing to 1st and 2nd year players (outside of Dortch). Maybe he's INT conscious. Maybe Petzing not calling shots to the endzone in 2 of the last 3 redzone drives.

Still early. Maybe they'll gel. Not sure what worked against the Bills in the 1st half works against the Rams/Lions/49ers.

I kinda miss moody all the time K1, lol
That really was the biggest bummer of the day. We got the ball twice in the fourth quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. The first time Kyler had two passes batted down and then got sacked when someone sneezed on him.

The atrocious D then actually held Buffalo to a FG and Kyler had another chance for a game winning drive, had one bad drop, then missed a ridiculously wide open Harrison for 7 and then threw up a Hail Mary to the smallest guy on the field on fourth down.

He’s being paid to be a star but when the chips are down, he just rarely shines bright.
TBF he did come through last year against the Eagles and technically against the Seahawks. Dortch gets a PI or sees Marv it all ends different.

Although not for me. Offense seemed kinda pedestrian against those bad defenses as well (eye test) just didn't make the play to win this time.

We're trying hard to emulate the Baker Mayfield Browns. Variance in the highs and lows.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
They all personally attacked each other in here. I was giving some game day leeway but did give a warning and told all three to knock it off. Just FYI
I think board policy is that you aren't allowed to question a moderator's decision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky