This certainly isn’t the Kyler we’re used to….

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A jump ball to the 5'7 receiver on a blitz who was double covered was definitely a choice.
Just to be accurate, it definitely wasn’t a jump ball. It was in his breadbasket, but unfortunately, the Bills defender was was holding his arms before the ball ever got there. Murray no doubt has great rapport with Dortch. But, that rapport needs to be with his much taller WR1 & WR2 if this team is going to go from a team that has improved to a team that’s ACTUALLY winning games.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again Kyler was giving AJ Green chances like this. Maybe its the expectations or pressure of week 1. But prior to the disaster playoff game...he was giving that Super Bowl defense the most fits that regular season. I need to see him have faith that Marv will come down with the ball. Just don't recall aggressive despite tight coverage throws the last couple of years in this offense. Hopefully changes Sunday.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Just to be accurate, it definitely wasn’t a jump ball. It was in his breadbasket, but unfortunately, the Bills defender was was holding his arms before the ball ever got there. Murray no doubt has great rapport with Dortch. But, that rapport needs to be with his much taller WR1 & WR2 if this team is going to go from a team that has improved to a team that’s ACTUALLY winning games.
Dortch comes back to the ball and doesnt drift its an easy PI

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m more forgiving about the clock management because if they scored they wouldn’t want to leave any time for Allen to drive the Bills down the field. I take solace in the fact that we were 1-2 plays away from stealing a game from a very good team, in an early game on the east coast which typically has been nightmare fuel for west coast teams.

Owen Pappoe slows down and reads Allen’s hips and makes the sack, and this is a different ball game. Zaven doesn’t get the phantom face mask call on the sack, Kyler sees MHJ wide open, or Dortch gets the PI call - any of those go the other way and we probably win the game.

It sucks, but onto week 2 and a beatable Rams team at home.
Vince, that was my epic fail of the game there. You CAN'T miss that play.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Again Kyler was giving AJ Green chances like this. Maybe its the expectations or pressure of week 1. But prior to the disaster playoff game...he was giving that Super Bowl defense the most fits that regular season. I need to see him have faith that Marv will come down with the ball. Just don't recall aggressive despite tight coverage throws the last couple of years in this offense. Hopefully changes Sunday.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dortch comes back to the ball and doesnt drift its an easy PI
If your last sentence is referring to the final throw to the end zone I completely agree. Not sure if WRs are taught to hit the brakes to have the CB run into them or not but that would have been a prime example

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If your last sentence is referring to the final throw to the end zone I completely agree. Not sure if WRs are taught to hit the brakes to have the CB run into them or not but that would have been a prime example
I’ve often wonder why are wide receivers not taught to do this early in games to loosen up coverage and make their defenders back off? Slam on the brakes a few times early and create contact to get them to back off and get penalties.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Well technically the offense scored 22 right? And point is the team put up 28 all points count the same, if the D doesn’t get abused the entire second half we win. People simply pointing to Kyler like he is the sole reaso bc we lost is ridiculous!

We fully expect the defense to get abused. If they provide a half of somewhat competent play, it is a minor miracle.

What the team can't afford is the much more talented offensive unit disappearing for 30 minutes in a game. If it becomes a habit, the team will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I enjoyed Mitch's postings.
In my hometown there was a local legend...Kid Guitar.
Kid was a good dude. He just wasnt quite right. He smoked too much weed and always had a bottle of MD 20/20 in his pocket. But everyone in town knew Kid and would sit at the park with him and get high as he played...or regaled us with stories about how the Beatles stole his songs, or Mick Jagger stole his girlfriend once. Or the time he an Bob Dylan spent an entire week on acid at Haite Ashbury and woke up in Sacramento.

Reading Mitch was much like hanging with Kid Guitar(who sadly passed this past year) it can be amusing, but in the back of your mind you have to remind yourself that its mostly fantasy and this guy just isnt quite right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky