This is really sad

boredstiff

Reaction score
I have spent the last three months or so off and on checking this board and reading all of your comments, rants, screaming, crying, hysterics, and down right sobbing over this team. I have read about the "dark side", being a "true fan", staying loyal to the team and everyting else you can come up with. I have seen guys like, (no offense intended) this Ed b character. Get all geeked up about the draft, the preseason etc, and then come back and rip into the same organization he was just praising a few months ago after an embarrassing 0-2 start. I have to say, that I am truly amazed that this site still continues to draw as many of us in as it does.

We all have faced the fact that this is a bad, no let me rephrase that, horrible team. It is now and has always been, and will always be. Guys are talking about naming their kids after their players for heavens sakes. If you haven't noticed, there are 31 other teams out there to follow and spend your time on.

go spend time on their message boards. I am not suggesting being a bandwagoner, but choose a team with some hope. Do you like slamming your head agains the wall (figureatively speaking of course) week after week after week, month after month after month, year after year after year.

Forget this team. Bidwill, Graves et al, could care less. After all there is some smuck behind you who will take your place anyway.

I am originally from AZ. I followed the Cards religiously for 6 or 7 seasons. I finally figured that there is better places to spend my time. I have an idea, let's just lose the Crap Birds from this site, and leave the Suns, D-backs etc on the front cover.

People, come out of the darkness find a decent team. Buy the jersey, the banner, the bumper sticker and see how it is soo nice to win a game every once in a while. Try it for one season as I did. I promise, you'll get hooked. Simply because, Monday morning (or tuesday imagine that) is much better after a win or close lost.

Thank you for your time. You may cream me now.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
What "team" did you find that provides all this happieness to you?

Tampa?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
B

boredstiff

Reaction score
I haven't posted under any names before. Just though I would chime in. Not a bengals fan by the way.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by boredstiff
I have spent the last three months or so off and on checking this board and reading all of your comments, rants, screaming, crying, hysterics, and down right sobbing over this team. I have read about the "dark side", being a "true fan", staying loyal to the team and everyting else you can come up with. I have seen guys like, (no offense intended) this Ed b character. Get all geeked up about the draft, the preseason etc, and then come back and rip into the same organization he was just praising a few months ago after an embarrassing 0-2 start. I have to say, that I am truly amazed that this site still continues to draw as many of us in as it does.

We all have faced the fact that this is a bad, no let me rephrase that, horrible team. It is now and has always been, and will always be. Guys are talking about naming their kids after their players for heavens sakes. If you haven't noticed, there are 31 other teams out there to follow and spend your time on.

go spend time on their message boards. I am not suggesting being a bandwagoner, but choose a team with some hope. Do you like slamming your head agains the wall (figureatively speaking of course) week after week after week, month after month after month, year after year after year.

Forget this team. Bidwill, Graves et al, could care less. After all there is some smuck behind you who will take your place anyway.

I am originally from AZ. I followed the Cards religiously for 6 or 7 seasons. I finally figured that there is better places to spend my time. I have an idea, let's just lose the Crap Birds from this site, and leave the Suns, D-backs etc on the front cover.

People, come out of the darkness find a decent team. Buy the jersey, the banner, the bumper sticker and see how it is soo nice to win a game every once in a while. Try it for one season as I did. I promise, you'll get hooked. Simply because, Monday morning (or tuesday imagine that) is much better after a win or close lost.

Thank you for your time. You may cream me now.

You're right......WHOSE WITH ME TO ROADTRIP TO DETROIT FROM NOW ON????? :rolleyes:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is just another disgruntled ASU fan trying to stir up trouble.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have an idea, let's just lose the Crap Birds from this site, and leave the Suns, D-backs etc on the front cover.

Better yet why don't you just go crawl back into your hole.

OP
OP
B

boredstiff

Reaction score
Now, now, let's not get personal. Sound like someone is still a little bit upset about the 38-0 throbbing.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Are you gonna tell us your new favorite team or not? I just want to see the light.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Now, now, let's not get personal. Sound like someone is still a little bit upset about the 38-0 throbbing.

Bored stiff said "throbbing" . What a dick! :D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I truly believe that we don't choose our teams. They choose us. I never asked to be a Cardinal fan, it just happened. I grew up in California a die-hard Rams fan, but when they moved to Missouri I no longer felt the attachment to them that I did growing up. Once the emotional investment was gone, I threw all my Rams gear in the trash! Cheering for the "St. Louis" Rams would have been a sham. I just didn't care about them anymore. It had nothing to do with whether they were a winning team or not. The passion I used to feel was just gone.

I have been an Arizonan for 23 years now, so when the Rams left me I started to follow the local team more closely. Over time I started to love the team more and more and now I have as much passion for the Arizona Cardinals as I ever did for the Rams. Again, it just happened. The connection was there because they were from "my" state. Just as the Rams meant a lot to me because they were the team of my childhood.

I could have switched allegiances to the Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys etc., but without the passion it just wouldn't take.

Football is a game of passion for fans as well as players and that is why I will never abandon the Cardinals, as long as they don't abandon me and Arizona.

The frustration and anger I feel after a loss is second only to the joy and exhiliration I feel when they win. The Cardinals are my team and that is just the way it is. And I will never give up hope that someday they will win.

I also grew up an Angels fan. :)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score

Maybe I do. What do you care.

Not a bandwagoner, fair weather is more like it.

I guess I just don't give up as easy as you do. If the Cards do start winning I expect you will be the first to come running back.

"I am from Arizona, I have been a fan for years" LOL

Whatever dude.

:cards:

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Yes

"The frustration and anger I feel after a loss is second only to the joy and exhiliration I feel when they win. The Cardinals are my team and that is just the way it is. And I will never give up hope that someday they will win."

Well said brother.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
I truly believe that we don't choose our teams. They choose us. I never asked to be a Cardinal fan, it just happened. I grew up in California a die-hard Rams fan, but when they moved to Missouri I no longer felt the attachment to them that I did growing up. Once the emotional investment was gone, I threw all my Rams gear in the trash! Cheering for the "St. Louis" Rams would have been a sham. I just didn't care about them anymore. It had nothing to do with whether they were a winning team or not. The passion I used to feel was just gone.

I have been an Arizonan for 23 years now, so when the Rams left me I started to follow the local team more closely. Over time I started to love the team more and more and now I have as much passion for the Arizona Cardinals as I ever did for the Rams. Again, it just happened. The connection was there because they were from "my" state. Just as the Rams meant a lot to me because they were the team of my childhood.

I could have switched allegiances to the Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys etc., but without the passion it just wouldn't take.

Football is a game of passion for fans as well as players and that is why I will never abandon the Cardinals, as long as they don't abandon me and Arizona.

The frustration and anger I feel after a loss is second only to the joy and exhiliration I feel when they win. The Cardinals are my team and that is just the way it is. And I will never give up hope that someday they will win.

I also grew up an Angels fan. :)

Renz - great post!!!
The Cardinals got me in 1988 when they beat SF. I grew up a Bears fan in Illinois, but nothing beats the local team. Even though I am currently living in purgatory (that's Nashville, y'all), I can't let go of the Birds. It would be soo easy to support the Titans - great team, everyone in town talks about them, but I'll never let go (Titanic music plays in the background).

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
You know what, maybe I never will see the Cards win it all, never will see them become the scourge of the NFL. Maybe I have wasted the past 30 years hoping for the impossible, giving my heart to a club that habitually breaks it. Maybe it makes no "sense" to root for a club like the Cards.

But there is something to be said about loyalty. There is something to be said about believing, year after year, that maybe this will be the season that you dream about. There is a something to be said for feeling a part of a hardy, devoted few. There is something to be said about feeling more a part of a club through the trials and tribulations, through all the bads days, rather than giving your affections to the next trendy team.

Maybe rooting for the Cards is not the "rational" thing to do, but , then again, emotional ties are usually not rational.

Cards fan now, Cards fan then, Cards fan forever.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey boredstiff - F-U! Nice posts Renz, AndyO and the rest. Cardinal fans are no doubt obsessive- compulsive and we may even revel in our misery but pray tell can there be any more loyal fans (as few as we may be)? BTW, what is the opposite of a bandwagon anyway?

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an idea, let's just lose the Crap Birds from this site, and leave the Suns, D-backs etc on the front cover.

If you havn't noticed the Cards dominate this site, and as far as going and finding another team...fortunately I am not a quiter like YOU!!! :violin:

You should have named this thread " I am a full blown quiter, and a really sad excuse for a football fan." :rolleyes:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's pathetic this thread reached two responses let alone two pages. Ignore this crap people!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05