This organization is in a much better spot than a week ago

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I'm sure the roster is in a better position than it was a week ago — it added a bunch of draft picks. The organization is exactly the same as it was a week ago — it's made a huge bet on the "future of football" being significantly different in the next 5 years than it's been in the previous 20.

You must be new to football, because the game has change alot over the last 20 years.

And the last few years have seen more changes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
You won’t know this until games are played. This could all be window dressing. Right now, I see a dysfunctional front office coming off of an abysmal season that made wholesale changes. Only differences are the 5’10” shiny object behind center and the sub.500 college coach on the sidelines

If Murray isn’t better than average and Quinnen Williams, Bosa and Rosen thrive, we’re worse than we were last week and arguably last season

Or Rosen continues to be who he was in college, a QB who doesnt elevate those around him.

One red flag we missed with Rosen is that he WASNT a winner in college. Good QBs can propel bad college teams 8 or 9 wins.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be new to football, because the game has change alot over the last 20 years.

And the last few years have seen more changes.

Has it really? Dating back to 14, show me who won the whole shebang with their gimmick offenses and bad defense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point....

Except Mahomes just threw 50 TDs last year, and Josh Rosen underperformed a typical Mike Glennon season.
Mahomes has a stacked roster and long term, proven, high end coaching along with creative and inventive play calling.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The only team in the league who is worse than they were a week ago is the Chiefs. You don’t get worse during the draft. Even Mayock and Gruden improved the Raiders over the past week: Albeit slightly

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being the most talented QB in the league after A-A-Ron also helps.
Absolutely but he's also in a completely different situation. If he played here maybe he wouldn't be seen as that

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes has a stacked roster and long term, proven, high end coaching along with creative and inventive play calling.

The same playing calling wasnt much creative with alex smith
Remember couple of seasons earlier they couldnt score a single touchdown with a wr

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same playing calling wasnt much creative with alex smith
Remember couple of seasons earlier they couldnt score a single touchdown with a wr
But Alex Smith also had his best work of his career before he was shipped off

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But Alex Smith also had his best work of his career before he was shipped off

I mean the chiefs offensive power changed drastically with the mahomes talent, in what can be considered his rookie year

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Or Rosen continues to be who he was in college, a QB who doesnt elevate those around him.

One red flag we missed with Rosen is that he WASNT a winner in college. Good QBs can propel bad college teams 8 or 9 wins.

Patrick Mahomes's 2016 TTU team coached by Kliff Kingsbury went 5-7. He was MVP last season.

Maybe that's a Kliff Kingsbury red flag we're missing. :shrug:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean the chiefs offensive power changed drastically with the mahomes talent, in what can be considered his rookie year
Their offense was on fire the year before mahomes too. Tyreek hill and kareem hunt bursting on the scene and etc. People wanted Smith to stay because he was finally crushing it. Mahomes destroyed Smith's season but he destroyed most everyone's seasons but to claim the chiefs offense was paltry the year before mahomes took over is disingenuous or forgetful.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In 2001, two QBs threw for 4000 yards.

It's not about gimmicks.
And Kordell Stewart and Donovan McNabb ran for 400-500 yards.

I'm not arguing that the league isn't changing, but the reason more QBs are throwing for 4,000 yards isn't because they're under six feet tall and can run the football.

Again, this is why I almost want to root against Kyler. Yes, fancy offenses and rule changes mean more players can hit that. But the winning teams are implementing a little bit of RPO, not selling out to offenses operated by a fired college coach and his silly man-crush.

Call me when someone who isn't Russell Wilson wins a Super Bowl, and doesn't get shut down by traditional NFL coaching.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Their offense was on fire the year before mahomes too. Tyreek hill and kareem hunt bursting on the scene and etc. People wanted Smith to stay because he was finally crushing it. Mahomes destroyed Smith's season but he destroyed most everyone's seasons but to claim the chiefs offense was paltry the year before mahomes took over is disingenuous or forgetful.

This. Mahomes looks great. But Kyler isn't Mahomes. Mahomes has size, arm strength, leadership ability, and isn't a running QB. But we'll see how he looks when everyone can triple cover Travis Kelce.

I keep wanting to say I'm done arguing this, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How are people this obsessed with Kyler? The narrative isn't even slight caution, he's just already the best QB we'll ever see.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
oh yes played the final game when they were already in the playoff

So basically the second one was his rookie year

Negative.
His second year was his second year.
He had an entire season plus two off seasons of nfl level work before he became a starter.
Trying to brush off that training is foolishness

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Negative.
His second year was his second year.
He had an entire season plus two off seasons of nfl level work before he became a starter.
Trying to brush off that training is foolishness

Playing real games is totally different and he started to play in year 2
The answers u get, they way u handle the pressure, to adjust your timing and reaction to nfl speed u can learn it just on sunday

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murray isn’t better than average and Quinnen Williams, Bosa and Rosen thrive, we’re worse than we were last week and arguably last season
Better than average? Murray would have to be the worst QB in the league, the entire coaching staff would have to suck, the entire O-line would have to be injured, and all the added pieces on D and the WR corps would have to suck as bad as last year's disaster, for this team to be as bad as last season. How Williams and Bosa and Rosen do has nothing to do with how the 2019 Cardinals will compare to the 2018 Cardinals.

...dbs

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Playing real games is totally different and he started to play in year 2
The answers u get, they way u handle the pressure, to adjust your timing and reaction to nfl speed u can learn it just on sunday
simply not true. a guy can adjust to the speed of the game through 7 on 7 drills...11 on 11 in practice and by using virtual reality as many teams now do.
Mahomes is a legit badass and may have even been so in his actual rookie year if he started...
but the year he started was in no way his rookie year.... no more so than aaron rodgers who sat behind favre