This Week's Roster Prediction (8/21/06)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Mitch said:
The Cardinals aren't going to use Femi as a single back runner. He's a 3rd down back...and he's not a run blocker.

I like Femi's veteran presence, but, this team needs blocking FBs...not 3rd down FBs.

Dude, you can't cut the only person to catch a TD pass from Emmitt Smith.

spanky1

Reaction score
It is tough when you have to get right down the hard and fast 53 man roster.

But here are some of my thoughts:

a) Ernest Shazor gets cut and Griffith returns to SS backing up Wilson. This allows us to keep Brewer for back up at FS and for his ST skills.

b) We go with 10 O-Linemen until Ross comes back, at which point Wakefield is cut.

c) We keep Bronson and let Edwards go. He can serve as both the blocking FB as well as a blocking TE.

d) I see 9 D-LInemen. Palepoi and Bulman (unfortunately) and T. King as cuts.

e) Huff starts at W/OLB until Dansby returns. Darling becomes the primary backup to both W/OLB and MLB.

f) Blackstock backs up Pace at S/OLB.

g) PS to contain: Hunter and Reid and McCareins at CB; Capshaw at P; Schable at DE; Watkins and Holiday at WR and Ferri at RB.

h) I see Reuber, Lynch, Bridges, Spurlock, Lee, Davey, Anderson, Robinson, M.Brown, L.Pinson, I Keys, Kovack and Harrell as cuts.

i) Still having consternation over Ayanbadejo.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
It is tough when you have to get right down the hard and fast 53 man roster.

But here are some of my thoughts:

g) PS to contain: Hunter and Reid and McCareins at CB; Capshaw at P; Schable at DE; Watkins and Holiday at WR and Ferri at RB.

I haven't seen Holiday do much on the field. Is he really worth keeping on the practice squad? Seems like there are 100's of receivers like him.

Reaction score
spanky1 said:
d) I see 9 D-LInemen. Palepoi and Bulman (unfortunately) and T. King as cuts.

Palepoi may likely go to IR, Bulman could be put on the PS for another year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
c) We keep Bronson and let Edwards go. He can serve as both the blocking FB as well as a blocking TE.
Maybe, but blasting a guy when you exit a hole isn't the same as blocking a defender at the line of scrimmage. Was he a capable blocker when he was a TE?
I really don't think he makes it past waivers to the PS...you have to clear waivers first, right?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Maybe, but blasting a guy when you exit a hole isn't the same as blocking a defender at the line of scrimmage. Was he a capable blocker when he was a TE?I really don't think he makes it past waivers to the PS...you have to clear waivers first, right?

Can't other teams sign your practice squad guys whenever they want as long as they put them on their active roster?

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
This is off topic but why do teams have so much success against the Cards by lining up a defender way wide, either right or left side, and then having them just run right at our QB at the snap? Most of the time they come in unblocked or just run over the TE or RB trying to block them.

I've seen that every game for years. And I don't see the Cards doing the same thing regularly or having the same success when they do it.

Is it because of the depth of our QB drop or maybe because they have no fear of the run or that our TE's and RB's can't pass block?

Don't we do this to a degree with Wilson blitzing?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05