Thoughts from a Cowboys Fan

dacowboy

Reaction score
Well it is another Cowboys Cardinals game, although without some of the implications of past seasons.

I am a bit down on the Cowboys at this point. The defense has proven to be one of the best in the league, even though they seem to falter in the 4th quarter too often. The real problem, though, is the offense struggling.

I think if you guys can limit Bill and Sean's Vanilla offense enough to keep it close, you can win it down the stretch. Seen it too many times this season.

Good luck this week, but of course I need to Cowboys to win. :)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :)

I actually think the Cowboys will win and the game will be terribly low scoring. DAL's young DEs scare me beyond belief.

A-Bomb

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome to the Cardinal board. I just don't see the Cards winning in Dallas. They have performed terrible on the road. I would give the Cards a good chance if it was here in Phoenix.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cowboys won last week, I'd say the Cards would have a chance. I don't see Parcells losing two sloppy games in a row.
Not to start an arguement, but I think if the Cards pull this off, it will be more because Dallas lost it, i.e. fumbles, missed kicks by rookie kicker, penalties; than the Cards winning it.

The Cards, depending on the QB situation, will look good next year. Without a running game this year, your offense will always be functioning at only 50%, and that won't win many games, especially in our division. Next year Green will fix the running game, but I fear you'll have a new QB who'll have to spend another off-season getting his timing down with Quan and Larry.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
If the Cowboys won last week, I'd say the Cards would have a chance. I don't see Parcells losing two sloppy games in a row.
Not to start an arguement, but I think if the Cards pull this off, it will be more because Dallas lost it, i.e. fumbles, missed kicks by rookie kicker, penalties; than the Cards winning it.

The Cards, depending on the QB situation, will look good next year. Without a running game this year, your offense will always be functioning at only 50%, and that won't win many games, especially in our division. Next year Green will fix the running game, but I fear you'll have a new QB who'll have to spend another off-season getting his timing down with Quan and Larry.

That's a remarkably fair assessment of where we stand. Unfortunately.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The fact a cowgirl fan had a thought is interesting enough to keep this thread alive.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
abomb said:
Welcome! :)

I actually think the Cowboys will win and the game will be terribly low scoring. DAL's young DEs scare me beyond belief.

A-Bomb

To be honest Canty is the one that scares me and with anthony Henry playing as well as he has this could get ugly on O. Our one chance would be to attack the middle with BJ and Q. Williams is bad in coverage and Nguyen is still not 100%.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
dacowboy said:
Well it is another Cowboys Cardinals game, although without some of the implications of past seasons.

I am a bit down on the Cowboys at this point. The defense has proven to be one of the best in the league, even though they seem to falter in the 4th quarter too often. The real problem, though, is the offense struggling.

I think if you guys can limit Bill and Sean's Vanilla offense enough to keep it close, you can win it down the stretch. Seen it too many times this season.

Good luck this week, but of course I need to Cowboys to win. :)

Nice post. Given the title of the thread I expected a blank post. ;)
Welcome to our board and good luck this week. I see this being a low scoring D struggle.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Ok all logic points to the Cowboys kicking our a$$...

I would feel alot better if i knew that Parcells was not lighting into them this week and they had won at Seattle and had the classic "letdown" game coming this Sunday...

we played like garbage against a inferior opponent (they dont come around that often...) at home with an extra week....

Dallas showed me the most impressive defense i have yet to see this year last week. despite their loss...

Our only hope is a return to Drew Bledsoe of old and the fact that the cards always play dallas tough (at least recently) and Julius Jones looks like he wont play (although Cards fans remember this sentence: Marion Barber will have a HUGE day... i already picked him up in my fantasy league because Jones is killing me with this injury. Barebr is the goods. i liked him in college and i really liked what i saw of him last week)

But likely Roy Wiliams, Ware, Glover, Newman, Key, Allen, Witten and even Marcus Spears are all likely to have a field day....

That and Bill Parcells is a few dozen levels above my main man DG in terms of game prep and execution......

BUT DAMMIT THIS IS A CARDINALS BOARD AND IM GOING WITH MY BOYS...(not Da' Boys..my boys...)

so (in my best SNL bear fans voice)...

44-7 DA CARDS'!!!!!:beer:

BTW even if we dont win let me harken back to what might always be remebered as the greatest day of my life.....January 2nd 1999.....In Dallas... 20 - 7...Our franchise's only playoff victory in 50 some odd years...and it was at the hands of the Cowgirls....

Much like the Dbacks and they Yankees, at least we can say the only time we played you when it really counted we kicked your a$$....oh and you have as many rings as us since that game.....:D

Heres the link for all you fans of the "good ol' days".......:cheers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1998/playoffs/news/1999/01/02/cardinals_cowboys/index.html

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Ok all logic points to the Cowboys kicking our a$$...

I would feel alot better if i knew that Parcells was not lighting into them this week and they had won at Seattle and had the classic "letdown" game coming this Sunday...

we played like garbage against a inferior opponent (they dont come around that often...) at home with an extra week....

Dallas showed me the most impressive defense i have yet to see this year last week. despite their loss...

Our only hope is a return to Drew Bledsoe of old and the fact that the cards always play dallas tough (at least recently) and Julius Jones looks like he wont play (although Cards fans remember this sentence: Marion Barber will have a HUGE day... i already picked him up in my fantasy league because Jones is killing me with this injury. Barebr is the goods. i liked him in college and i really liked what i saw of him last week)

But likely Roy Wiliams, Ware, Glover, Newman, Key, Allen, Witten and even Marcus Spears are all likely to have a field day....

That and Bill Parcells is a few dozen levels above my main man DG in terms of game prep and execution......

BUT DAMMIT THIS IS A CARDINALS BOARD AND IM GOING WITH MY BOYS...(not Da' Boys..my boys...)

so (in my best SNL bear fans voice)...

44-7 DA CARDS'!!!!!:beer:

BTW even if we dont win let me harken back to what might always be remebered as the greatest day of my life.....January 2nd 1999.....In Dallas... 20 - 7...Our franchise's only playoff victory in 50 some odd years...and it was at the hands of the Cowgirls....

Much like the Dbacks and they Yankees, at least we can say the only time we played you when it really counted we kicked your a$$....oh and you have as many rings as us since that game.....:D

Heres the link for all you fans of the "good ol' days".......:cheers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1998/playoffs/news/1999/01/02/cardinals_cowboys/index.html

:thumbup:

:notworthy

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
To be honest Canty is the one that scares me and with anthony Henry playing as well as he has this could get ugly on O. Our one chance would be to attack the middle with BJ and Q. Williams is bad in coverage and Nguyen is still not 100%.

Fortunately throwing down the middle is McCown's strong suit. Now they just have to figure out how to give him the time to do it as Dallas is 5th in sacks with 21.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Our road record, Dallas' defense, and the motivation from the Seattle loss all point to a Cowboys victory in my mind.

Excellent point about our offense being perpetually at 50%. I mean, we all know it, but it bears repeating. Big passes and defensive touchdowns remain our only real weapons. Both our QBs would look like far better options in a heartbeat if we could run the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05