Thoughts on QBs

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Levi Brown. Tall, strong, rocket laser arm.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wow, just ridiculous. The revisionist history by some regarding Warner leaves me shaking my head. It's pretty simple with Kurt, as long as you protect him, he's as accurate, if not more so than any QB in history.

I do have to give Whis credit for adapting his offense/gameplan to the strength of his team, while so many other coaches are rigid in implementing "my system".

So the five consecutive years when Warner started 10 games or fewer were all the fault of the offensive lines of three different franchises? Not that Warner began looking at the pass rush? Not that he kept coughing up the ball at inopportune moments and losing his teams games?

You don't get benched for poor performance with three different teams if you're still on top of your game.

Warner fumbled 12 times in 9 starts for the Giants in 2004(!). He fumbled 10 times in 5 starts for the Arizona Cardinals in 2006.

In the 4 games before Warner got benched in 2006, he lead the Cards to 34 points, 10 points, 14 points, and 10 points. The revisionist history is to suggest that Warner was the guy we saw in 2008 during those years in the wilderness.

Matty came in after those four games and put up 20 & 23 points in the next two games (both losses because of (C)Rackers), then struggled for a few games before putting up 34, 27, and 20 before the collarbone injury.

People who are repeating that Matty doesn't know how to find the end zone aren't looking at the facts.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Levi Brown. Tall, strong, rocket laser arm.

I've been preaching Levi for months now, luv his upside. Most people don't realize he started for only 1 1/2 at Troy. I was very impressed watching him play 3-4 games the last few seasons.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I've been preaching Levi for months now, luv his upside. Most people don't realize he started for only 1 1/2 at Troy. I was very impressed watching him play 3-4 games the last few seasons.

According to FootballOutsiders, the top predictor for success in the NFL are number of starts in college and completion percentage in college. Their predictive model remains confident of big things to come from Matt Leinart.

But you want to be careful about guys who weren't really good enough to start for their college team, especially at a little school like Troy.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
According to FootballOutsiders, the top predictor for success in the NFL are number of starts in college and completion percentage in college. Their predictive model remains confident of big things to come from Matt Leinart.

But you want to be careful about guys who weren't really good enough to start for their college team, especially at a little school like Troy.

Just because he wasnt good enough to start in the beginning doesnt mean he isnt a good QB. In college you typically sit behind the guy that is in front of you, be it upperclassmen or just plain better. THat shouldnt be a knock on the kid at all. Just go watch some of his video. He took CMU and Dan LeFevour to OT in the GMAC bowl. I think in the late rounds he will be a steal.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Well he did transfer from Richmond.

BTW, K9 Richmond & Troy have pretty good programs for small schools & cough up some pretty good NFL talent.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Well he did transfer from Richmond.

BTW, K9 Richmond & Troy have pretty good programs for small schools & cough up some pretty good NFL talent.

Im pretty sure there is a Richmond Spider in the NFL that took the first handoff of a playoff game 70 something yards for a TD. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What made Kurt such a great QB? Two things: Jesus (as we all know Kurt would put Him first) and "Kill Kurt".

"Kill Kurt" was a fun little drill invented by his high school coach, Jim Padlock. (I think Doug mentioned "Kill Kurt" in one of his posts.) Padlock would have Kurt take a snap, drop back and then try to move around the pocket while the defensive players had at him. Repeatedly. Kurt himself says that with "Kill Kurt" he learned how to deal with large men trying to kill him and still make the pass.

Hmmm.. Wonder if they played "Kill Matt" at Mater Dei?

Actually Edwards had caught my eye too. But his height is a problem. QBs that size need to also be real smart, real clever, real fast, be able to improvise and have played endless hours of "Kill Armanti" to deal with the height factor.

Good post, Mitch. You raised some interesting points.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05