Timberwolves @ Suns Game Thread 2-26-13

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Suns will lose five games in a row at home. How far down is the bottom?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derek Williams with 9 points so far in the first period but is 0-4 from the free throw line.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I have designated the Suns DNW (Do Not Watch) for the remainder of they year, my time will be spent watching college games in preparation of the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have designated the Suns DNW (Do Not Watch) for the remainder of they year, my time will be spent watching college games in preparation of the draft.

Based on recent drafts by the Suns we will see how that works for you. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are schooling the Suns. Obviously, they have the same goals.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are schooling the Suns. Obviously, they have the same goals.

Steve
Are you watching the same game?

The Suns are whooping a Minny team that features All Star PG Ricky Rubio while also having rising stars Pekovic and Shved.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What a wimp! There are 24 hours in a day. That leaves plenty of time for the Suns and 10 or 11 college games daily. Seriously though, I haven't abandoned watching the Suns but I've reached the point where I just catch moments during the evening and then I watch the whole thing after my wife has gone to bed. At least that way I get to skip all the commercials and the wasted time that makes up an NBA game.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns are whooping a Minny team that features All Star PG Ricky Rubio while also having rising stars Pekovic and Shved.

We want to lose, they want to lose. They are schooling us.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

"All Star Ricky Rubio", lol, thats a riot.

We're beating a team that is starting Luke Ridnour at shooting guard, and who's much hyped point guard has been a train wreck so far in his NBA career.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like to go out on the town... hit the floooooooor... and double down...

:bang:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, we blew the lead... at home, to these Wolves. Bricking wide open looks left and right.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he Suns can pull this loss out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Rubio had made both free throws at the end of regulation or Shved made a point blank lay-up at the end of overtime... it would be a different story. It hurts to win a game you should lose but the Wolves were better at it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Rubio had made both free throws at the end of regulation or Shved made a point blank lay-up at the end of overtime... it would be a different story. It hurts to win a game you should lose but the Wolves were better at it.

To be fair, the Wolves have had years of practice at this - we're pretty new to it.

Steve

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's the absolute worst type of game to win...

The Suns win because the Twolves are terrible...

It's frightening, to think of just how bad this team is, we still may not have a top 3 pick..

TERRIFYING

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's frightening, to think of just how bad this team is, we still may not have a top 3 pick..

Even the #3 lottery seed has less than a 50% chance of getting a top-three pick (it's about 47%). To be a favorite for a top-three pick, you have to be one of the "top" two seeds. That would mean out-losing the Magic from here on out by at least three games, which looks pretty unlikely.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even the #3 lottery seed has less than a 50% chance of getting a top-three pick (it's about 47%). To be a favorite for a top-three pick, you have to be one of the "top" two seeds. That would mean out-losing the Magic from here on out by at least three games, which looks pretty unlikely.
In the past 15 years, the team/spot that has won the draft the most has been #3 followed up by #4.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Neither team cracking 80 points in regulation is pretty much unwatchable. I've been getting more reading done this season than I have in a long time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was at this game. Johnson looked good especially with disrupting defense and rebounding at the end of the game. Rubio did nothing special.

Dudley looked horrible.

One of the worst displays of NBA shooting I have seen. This looked like a preseason game. There set lots of minutes for young players and they were on the court in crunch time.

There seemed to be little motivation among the players until the end; when it was close. Then the competitive juices took over.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake