Time Magazine and the Cardinals

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This weeks issue has an article about an Iraqi Mother and her son that have moved to Phoenix after the father was murdered.

There is a picture of the boy in a Leinart jersey with the caption:

Fitting in after just one week in second grade, Khattah knew it was cool to wear the Cardinals colors.

Later in the text of the article there was this:

...After his first week of school, he figured out that to fit in, he would need an Arizona Cardinals hat.

Pay close attention to that sentence. Not a Dallas Cowboys hat or New England Patriots hat or Green Bay Packers hat. But a class where Arizona Cardinals are #1!!! Looks like the new stadium has had a positive impact after all.

:koolaid:

BTW: Hope things work out for the family.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
This weeks issue has an article about an Iraqi Mother and her son that have moved to Phoenix after the father was murdered.

There is a picture of the boy in a Leinart jersey with the caption:

Fitting in after just one week in second grade, Khattah knew it was cool to wear the Cardinals colors.

Later in the text of the article there was this:

...After his first week of school, he figured out that to fit in, he would need an Arizona Cardinals hat.

Pay close attention to that sentence. Not a Dallas Cowboys hat or New England Patriots hat or Green Bay Packers hat. But a class where Arizona Cardinals are #1!!! Looks like the new stadium has had a positive impact after all.

:koolaid:

BTW: Hope things work out for the family.

You should see my classroom. Its decked out with Cardinals stuff.

Vito

Reaction score
poor kid

setting himself up to become emotionally attached to perennial losers!
LOL

Hope he does well here.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Awesome!!

It's about time we started producing more Cardinals fans and less annoying Cowgirl fans.

Sounds like a smart kid. :thumbup:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
setting himself up to become emotionally attached to perennial losers!
LOL

Hope he does well here.

Sounds like me in 1943 when I went to my first MLB game at Wrigley and purchased a Cubs shirt. Once a Cub fan always a Cub fan. That is the way to build a fan base. Also it is nice for the team to remain in one city to build a base on. It takes generations to build a loyal fan base. You can do it faster if you win but it still takes many many years.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should create a fund to send the kid and his mom to a Cardinals game.

GreenCard

Reaction score
john,10yrs later while in boot camp at Great Lakes,I saw the Cubs play but I went to see Wrigley Field before it was torn down. Ha.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would like in on that! Maybe someone can contact the right person at the Cardinals office and get them tickets!

We probably have enough unused tickets available to get them to a game.

I know it seems like every game someone on ASFN has tickets they're trying to sell or give away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05