Todd Heap - Welcome Home

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dont know. Per Somers we are done at WR... He is usually pretty good at this.

So my guess if ANYTHING happens at all would be an OLB via a trade :) Maybe Demarcus Ware! LOL

Yesterday Jurecki was saying we are not done. Maybe things changed.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unless something changes, Heap is the replacement for Breaston, in that we have a #2 receiver.

Man, I see 2 WR, 2 TE sets coming as the default package.. allowing us to run, send 2, 3, 4, or 5 receivers out (with the HB), so many options. Nice signing.

I hope if we have another signing in us it is a starter quality offensive lineman, or pass rusher.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so stoked for the new look offense, great tes and a QB with plentys of RB to choose from. We are finally gonna have the offense we expected from whiz.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This FA signing has me smiling more then any other at this point.

1st) We finally have a TE unit that is a strength instead of a gaping sucking chest wound.

2nd) I'm with Shane and co who love that we stole him from under Rex's nose. I'm sure it's albout getting back home to Az but still is sweet.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Again, these are not your younger uncle's Cardinals! To quote Foghorn Leghorn (the big rooster) NFC West defenses are "in a HEAP o' trouble now!" Yes, Cardinals! Yes!

You bet Mitch!! As I mentioned yesterday the league is now a 3 w/r set league with the emphasis on having two serious corners to combat that formation....the beauty of going with a one back to t/e set is you can find an open seem in the middle of the field....and with a guy like Kolb on the bridge expect to see some no-back 3 w/r formations once in awhile...the dark suits deserve a pat on the back....some very thoughtful signings.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
No more on third down will we see the QB down on his knees, with his hands on his head in disbelief, because he couldn't hit the open man standing there waiting for the pass. It's getting much harder to criticize Cardinal management with each passing day, but we do have a few holdouts. :)

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who is going to knock this signing? It is a good signing. I'm not negative just to be negative. I find it hard to get excited about guys like Eason, Womack, Bradley and Stuckey when there are/were much better options out there.

I was also in the minority in liking the Kolb deal

Make that us!! By the way the vibe is really moving towards many of the naysayers seeing the light (finally) on Kolb. NO one knows where the top is on this guy yet...The "top" came and went on any of the other available qb's at the time and although I have said it 100 times, Reid is a stand up guy who was not trying to con anyone into Kolb...he felt he was the real deal as we did. What I don't get is the love affair with Breaston. No doubt a legit 2/3 receiver....closer to 3 on most teams....very replaceable with what we currently have

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
This is a new day. 2 tightend sets...are you kidding me....I am giddy over this signing. WIth a Qb that can get the ball out this is huge. We may have a running game to go with a very solid passing attack. Love it!! Everything Wiz and RG are doing. Time to get excited!!!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm excited about Heap. I think its a good signing.

I'm even more excited about stealing him mid-visit from the Jets. Jurecki said he "left them at the altar."

That's awesome, when was the last time the Cardinals stole a FA away from a team? Suck it Rexy!

Agent/players ain't dumb....believe it or not, they see the team signing a guy like Kolb for big money, they know the Cards are serious and a Kolb attracts players....this ain't Max H at the controls!!!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a new day. 2 tightend sets...are you kidding me....I am giddy over this signing. WIth a Qb that can get the ball out this is huge. We may have a running game to go with a very solid passing attack. Love it!! Everything Wiz and RG are doing. Time to get excited!!!

The wait sucked no doubt....but it is turning out to be worth it...as it has been said "only" the NFL can turn lemons into lemonade so quickly and make what appeared to be a fiasco a plus.....almost like the broadway show/movie.....The Producers!!!!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
As a Mountain View Toro alum, this has me very excited. Heap can replace Max Hall as the MV rep on the team. :D

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The wait sucked no doubt....but it is turning out to be worth it...as it has been said "only" the NFL can turn lemons into lemonade so quickly and make what appeared to be a fiasco a plus.....almost like the broadway show/movie.....The Producers!!!!

"Leibens me alone, Eva!"

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the Jurecki and Marcus Fitz tweets involve the same move?

From a position standpoint, the most logical pickup would be a LT (but who's still out there?), an SOLB (Wimbley), a shutdown corner (Samuels) or a big receiver (Floyd).

The latter two are less likely in light of our signing of Stuckey and Marshall.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the Jurecki and Marcus Fitz tweets involve the same move?

From a position standpoint, the most logical pickup would be a LT (but who's still out there?), a DE/OLB (Wimbley), an ILB (Tatupo), a shutdown CB (Samuels) or a big receiver (Floyd).

The latter two are less likely in light of our recent signing of Stuckey and Marshall.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Now THIS is really a pleasant surprise. I didn't think we'd land Heap.

Now, the NFC West DCs really have to worry about our TEs for the first time in years.