Todd Heap - Welcome Home

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked a couple of Ravens boards and their fans are busted up about losing him. Oh, there are a couple of, "he's too old, Dickson will step in" posts. But, this is easily the most disappointed group of fans over a free agent we've signed that I've seen.

SWEET to be on the other end for once!

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Any chance of the Cards offering a contract to Abreyo Franklin of SF? He's a beast at NT, significant upgrade over Williams.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked a couple of Ravens boards and their fans are busted up about losing him. Oh, there are a couple of, "he's too old, Dickson will step in" posts. But, this is easily the most disappointed group of fans over a free agent we've signed that I've seen.

SWEET to be on the other end for once!

So true! Glad the Cards made this one happen.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the Jurecki and Marcus Fitz tweets involve the same move?

From a position standpoint, the most logical pickup would be a LT (but who's still out there?), an SOLB (Wimbley), a shutdown corner (Samuels) or a big receiver (Floyd).

The latter two are less likely in light of our signing of Stuckey and Marshall.

Is it safe to assume that the Jurecki and Marcus Fitz tweets involve the same move?

From a position standpoint, the most logical pickup would be a LT (but who's still out there?), a DE/OLB (Wimbley), an ILB (Tatupo), a shutdown CB (Samuels) or a big receiver (Floyd).

The latter two are less likely in light of our recent signing of Stuckey and Marshall.

Is there an echo in here? :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I read that Heap agreed to the deal while he was still visting the Jets. Take THAT Rex Ryan! :biglaugh:

The only time I can remember something similar was when Warner first signed with us. He visited us and then the Bears. During his press conference in Chicago he actually spent as much time talking about how much he liked the Cards situation as he did the Bears.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of my memories regarding Todd Heap go back to his days at Arizona State. The signing is definitely a sentimental choice and IMO a good signing. I guess the Cardinals have decided they are definitely going to throw the ball this coming season which obviously includes the TE.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Excellent signing. Surprising and excellent. Truthfully, I just assumed he would go to NY or Balt. I'm glad I was wrong. Getting a reliable all-around TE in here to work with the new QB was crucial. We now have 2.

Heap averaged 15 ypc and 46.1 ypg last season. At that pace, he would have put up 737 yards, ranking him 6th among TEs. The guy still has a ton left in him. We also now have two of the best blocking TEs in football. It seems crazy to even write that sentence. Plus, we happened to nab the fastest TE in the draft. Wow. After ignoring the TE position for so long, the FO turned it into a position of strength within a matter of months. Kudos.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the Jets striking out a lot this off season. They used to be the FA darlings of the NFL. Are players finally over the bravado???

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Stephen Skelton already gave up #86 for Heap.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone who grew up in AZ could even think to interview with a member of the Ryan family. Unless it was to intentionally turn him down.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Best move of the entire offseason excepting the drafting of Patrick Peterson IMO. Kevin Kolb has to be ecstatic. Kudos to the Cardinals F.O. for making it happen. Heap may be past his prime, but he is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than anyone the Cardinals have had at TE in a very long time.

:koolaid: