Todd Heap

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gambo is saying on his twitter that the Cardinals are speaking with Todd Heap. !

That makes sense. I mean they only have 4 TEs already and OLB and OT aren't important anyway. Does the front office have any freaking clue what so ever?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If we are really going to run with Roberts/Doucet/Stuckey along with Fitz, I'd think we need more than an unproven Housler as our receiving TE.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised. Not that I didn't think he would be a good addition to the team, but because we already signed King.

Would it be a good idea to run a two TE set with Heap and King?

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
That makes sense. I mean they only have 4 TEs already and OLB and OT aren't important anyway. Does the front office have any freaking clue what so ever?

I actually wouldn't mind Heap, but it's becoming clear the organization just wants to take in guys who will sign short term deals for small money.. I believe I read that after the first two yrs of this new CBA, the floor will drop and you won't have to spend so much.. so it makes sense the organization is signing these mediocre talents to short term deals, so that in two yrs, these guys will be gone and the Cards can return to their comfort zone (aka way under the cap )

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Todd is another TE that can both catch and block...would be a great addition.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised. Not that I didn't think he would be a good addition to the team, but because we already signed King.

Would it be a good idea to run a two TE set with Heap and King?
With what we've had the last couple years at TE, I would fly out of my flippin seat to see us with those two lined up at the end of our line!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind Heap, but it's becoming clear the organization just wants to take in guys who will sign short term deals for small money.. I believe I read that after the first two yrs of this new CBA, the floor will drop and you won't have to spend so much.. so it makes sense the organization is signing these mediocre talents to short term deals, so that in two yrs, these guys will be gone and the Cards can return to their comfort zone (aka way under the cap )

The floor drops by a pretty small margin after the first 2 years. It one of the reasons the players like the new CBA - its a done deal that SOMEBODY is going to get paid and that the $$ just isn't pocketed.

Sounds like we're going to a more classic formation if we do this move - a very welcome one. A year too late but still a welcome move

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we didn't already sign Spach, King, and drafted Housler I would be all over this.. as it stands now I just don't think there is room... unfortunantly...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If we didn't already sign Spach, King, and drafted Housler I would be all over this.. as it stands now I just don't think there is room... unfortunantly...

Im sure if this happened, Spach would be cut in a heartbeat

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
heard somewhere that statistically(I know y'all love stats) we had our best passing stats from the 2 wide set..... 2 wide, single back, with Heap and King, opens the playbook up pretty wide, and gives us a very nice max protect.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Jesus? Who wouldn't want heap? People still complaining!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind Heap, but it's becoming clear the organization just wants to take in guys who will sign short term deals for small money..

You can't honestly think that after 25 million to colledge and 62 million to Kolb.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heap and king? hell yes. Houseler grooms behind them and plays spot duty. spach cut. ALL for it. Running cardinals team is finally here if it happens....granted we did just lose duece but i assume we will keep signing people. SIGN PP7 right quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Jesus? Who wouldn't want heap? People still complaining!

This is the board right now. It is probably every board except the Eagles.

Want to see a REALLY awful off season, check out the Bears :)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heap and King are perfect complements to each other and Housler's gonna need a lot of early work.
He's a rookie in a shortened offseason.
That's 3 good signings (if the later happens).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sweet... another over the hill guy who's getting older, hasn't produced at a high level in years and is coming off a season where he had injury problems.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sweet... another over the hill guy who's getting older, hasn't produced at a high level in years and is coming off a season where he had injury problems.

So you hate to lose Spach as well?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

40 catches, 600 yards 5 TDs isnt producing at a high level as a TE?

I would hate to see the adjectives you come up with for our TEs. :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You obviously didn't watch Todd Heap last year. So misinformed!