Todd Heap

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
sweet... another over the hill guy who's getting older, hasn't produced at a high level in years and is coming off a season where he had injury problems.

He's not an elite TE anymore but I'll take 600 yards, 5 TD's, and 15 YPC any day of the week. Pretty sure he had a nagging hamstring issue last season, that is easily healed up during the offseason. It's not like Gates is a FA, the Raiders are guaranteed to overpay the hell out of Zach Miller to keep him. After Zach, Heap is the best TE available and would be a HUGE upgrade considering the garbage we usually have at the position.

Bunch of negative nancy's on this forum. He's 31, easily has 3 more productive years left in him. Sign him to a 3 year contract and be happy we have a threat at TE for once. Lord.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
An over-the-hill Heap is better TE than any TE we've had in awhile. He'd be a reliable option with Housler getting up to speed.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh Jesus? Who wouldn't want heap? People still complaining!

Come on Shane everything isn't all rainbows and puppy dogs in Cardinal land. They just spent a lot to get of QBOF and have a LT slightly worse than Leonard Davis protecting him. They just got rid of their best lineman, they got rid of their best corner and are replacing him with a rookie who they haven't signed yet who is going to get picked on tremendously because there is no pass rush and drafted and signed a TE already. Excuse me for not getting behind this Heap thing when they have glaring needs that needs to get addressed with MARQUEE players while they are still available. This right here is crap. Get a freaking top tier OT already. If you're happy with this I can't imagine what you would do if this FO had a set of marbles and made a push for Matt Light like they should.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You obviously didn't watch Todd Heap last year. So misinformed!

am i misinformed about how old he is... or that he dealt with injuries last year... of that his 600 yards was nowhere near what he did when he was actually productive and healthy when he was in his prime?

sorry Shane... i had him on my fantasy team and did watch him.

but hey, he's better than our complete non-factors at TE so hallelujah! It's not like there's an actual impact maker out there at TE who was a Sun Devil who we could have looked at with the mountain of cash we slept on last season.

all hail other team's old cast-offs who are coming off injury prone seasons!

OP
OP
Cards Czar

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
sweet... another over the hill guy who's getting older, hasn't produced at a high level in years and is coming off a season where he had injury problems.

You obviously didn't watch Todd Heap last year. So misinformed!

2010 - 40 catches - 599 yards - 15 yrd average - 5 TD - 1 fumble
2009 - 53 catches - 593 yards - 11.2 yrd average - 6 TD - 1 fumble
2008 - 35 catches - 403 yards - 11.5 yrd average - 3 TD - 1 fumble.

SO his stats make him a over the hill guy Right!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apparently to Cheesy they do. The dude can still play. The melodrama around here is funny though.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Has produced at a high level virtually injury free for two seasons now, only missing 3 out of 24 games. Had a great playoffs last year as well. 75% of his catches go for 1st downs, only one to beat him was Antonio Gates.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
The amount of negativity I've been seeing on this board this past month is rather startling.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

averaging 500 yards per game over the last three years, having injury problems and being 31 make him over the hill.

and the fact that one of the best teams in the league who knows personnel like no other isn't bringing him back, does nothing to bolster your argument.

getting older guys from teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Pats and Eagles doesn't excite me. Those teams pretty much know EXACTLY when to fish and when to cut bait.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
averaging 500 yards per game over the last three years, having injury problems and being 31 make him over the hill.

and the fact that one of the best teams in the league who knows personnel like no other isn't bringing him back, does nothing to bolster your argument.

getting older guys from teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Pats and Eagles doesn't excite me. Those teams pretty much know EXACTLY when to fish and when to cut bait.

Only in Madden

OP
OP
Cards Czar

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
am i misinformed about how old he is... or that he dealt with injuries last year... of that his 600 yards was nowhere near what he did when he was actually productive and healthy when he was in his prime?

sorry Shane... i had him on my fantasy team and did watch him.

but hey, he's better than our complete non-factors at TE so hallelujah! It's not like there's an actual impact maker out there at TE who was a Sun Devil who we could have looked at with the mountain of cash we slept on last season.

all hail other team's old cast-offs who are coming off injury prone seasons!

Here is his injury history.

Missed 4 games in 2010.
Missed 11 games in 2007
Missed 10 games in 2004
Missed 7 games in 2001.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has produced at a high level virtually injury free for two seasons now, only missing 3 out of 24 games. Had a great playoffs last year as well. 75% of his catches go for 1st downs, only one to beat him was Antonio Gates.

Yup! Cheese again this is just one of those cases where you are just flat wrong dude. It OK it happens sometimes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently to Cheesy they do. The dude can still play. The melodrama around here is funny though.

it's gonna be hysterical when we're awful this year because our O-line sucks, we have zero pass rush, our LBers are terrible/injured, we have zero CBs who have proved they can play in this league and we're depending on a 2nd year rookie and Steve Williams to take pressure of Fitz.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup! Cheese again this is just one of those cases where you are just flat wrong dude. It OK it happens sometimes.

tell me how many times the Ravens are wrong when they let a guy over the age of 31 go?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's gonna be hysterical when we're awful this year because our O-line sucks, we have zero pass rush, our LBers are terrible/injured, we have zero CBs who have proved they can play in this league and we're depending on a 2nd year rookie and Steve Williams to take pressure of Fitz.

Dude just step away from the message board and dont even watch the team play this year. I mean really whats the point for ya?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Whoa whoa whoa. Where's the love for Chansi Stuckey? :)

OP
OP
Cards Czar

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score

Well i will take his 599 yards for only 12 games over anything we have now on our team. if this improves this team just a little bit then i am all for it. If you are not, well keep posting your anti everything posts. have fun.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tell me how many times the Ravens are wrong when they let a guy over the age of 31 go?

Ravens HAD to trim some fat due to Salary cap constraints. Of course your gonna cut an older guy. No biggie. Watched every Ravens last year in its entirety due to my Fandom of Q. Dude can still play and play well. Will he stay healthy at 31? Who knows but I would take him on this team in a second!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That makes sense. I mean they only have 4 TEs already and OLB and OT aren't important anyway. Does the front office have any freaking clue what so ever?

Because, of course, the Cards FO is calling Gambo and telling him who they are calling.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
That makes sense. I mean they only have 4 TEs already and OLB and OT aren't important anyway. Does the front office have any freaking clue what so ever?

We have 2 TEs who are likely to make the roster. Do you really think that Spach and Skelton's brother should be counted on anything more then the 90 man training camp roster? One might make the team but they haven't earned it.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Somers now reporting it too.

kentsomersKent Somers

Can confirm @gambo620 report. T. Heap and Cardinals interested in each other. Cards couldn't talk to him until today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude just step away from the message board and dont even watch the team play this year. I mean really whats the point for ya?

helps me let go a lot of rage.

and you know what shane. screw you. and that's serious. just because i'm not happier than a pig in slop at losing every key member of the Super Bowl team save three players and replacing them with over the hill guys... chronically injured guys... or no one at all doesn't mean you have any right to tell me to stop watching this team.

you don't see me calling you an idiot for believing the above. i'd appreciate you not telling me to get lost for believing the opposite.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have 2 TEs who are likely to make the roster. Do you really think that Spach and Skelton's brother should be counted on anything more then the 90 man training camp roster? One might make the team but they haven't earned it.

Listen I don't not like the Heap thing. Address it later after taking care of glaring needs like you know Cb, OLB and Oline. TE is anluxury right now not a need and since this FO continually proves they can't multi-task and since Heap has shown a willingness to play for the Cards he'll wait. Get other things taken care of first.