Todd Heap

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
There is reportedly mutual interest between the Cardinals and free agent Todd Heap.

Reliable beat writer Kent Somers confirms the report, which is good enough for us. The Cardinals had already determined to use the tight end more this season, and it would be a homecoming for Heap. We wonder if the Cardinals will be willing to offer more than the Ravens, however.

rotoworld

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree there are bigger needs but making a guy wait isn't a good tactic either and is one of the main complaints about this team over the years. I don't buy that we can't multi-task. We managed to sign a starting G, a solid TE, a rotational DE, re-sign our punter and Sendlein all while working out a major trade and contract with Kolb. Not earth shattering but by definition it is multitasking.

Amen. These guys that keep hollering "same ole Cards" either aren't thinking straight or they can't admit this team is being pro-active for the first time in forever.

Good grief!!! We were 5 and 11 last year and people are getting upset because we are dismantleing that team and retooling. Didn't anyone think that with a new DC we were going to be making a lot of moves? We were last in running the ball last year and not to far from the bottom in passing. Why would we want to keep that O-line intact? Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing each time and expecting a different result? It's about time someone let the people on this team know it ain't business as usual. Perform at a high level or you'll be gone. I thought that's what all of us Cards fans wanted.:shrug:

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Heh, we were 5-11 for a reason and everyone but Fitz should have been held accountable and expendable as a result.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen. These guys that keep hollering "same ole Cards" either aren't thinking straight or they can't admit this team is being pro-active for the first time in forever.

Good grief!!! We were 5 and 11 last year and people are getting upset because we are dismantleing that team and retooling. Didn't anyone think that with a new DC we were going to be making a lot of moves? We were last in running the ball last year and not to far from the bottom in passing. Why would we want to keep that O-line intact? Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing each time and expecting a different result? It's about time someone let the people on this team know it ain't business as usual. Perform at a high level or you'll be gone. I thought that's what all of us Cards fans wanted.:shrug:

I guess that applies to Dansby and Q as well then, since they didn't perform they are gone

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look activity is one thing but it needs to be good activity.

Instead we are replacing former Pro Bowlers like Derek Anderson.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that applies to Dansby and Q as well then, since they didn't perform they are gone

Do you know how many dollars we gave to Dansby the last 3 years he was here? Do you know we offered him the exact same deal he got from Miami, but he turned us down?

How many times did you hear Q say he wanted to be traded? He didn't want to play here anymore so they granted him his wish and traded him. Do you think we should have forced him to stay here?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know how many dollars we gave to Dansby the last 3 years he was here? Do you know we offered him the exact same deal he got from Miami, but he turned us down?

How many times did you hear Q say he wanted to be traded? He didn't want to play here anymore of they granted him his wish and traded him. Do you think we should have forced him to stay here?

I wasn't so much arguing against your point as I was saying that the FO just can't keep good players on the roster. Both were unhappy with mgt and Graves, et al just couldn't get it straightened out.

Not saying it doesn't happen with other teams, just the Cards seem to make it a way of life

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sportznutt, you forget another name to go along with Larry Fitzgerald, a name who was an actual Cardinal free agent pickup- it was not Kerry Rhodes fault this team tanked as well

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sportznutt, you forget another name to go along with Larry Fitzgerald, a name who was an actual Cardinal free agent pickup- it was not Kerry Rhodes fault this team tanked as well

It was his fault because announcers can say Kerry unlike Antrel and it put the Announcer hex on us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd: Names? I called you a "complainer" so yes technically I did. But am i wrong? What are you doing 80% of the time in relation to the team? A truth is a truth whether you like it or not.

shane, 80% of the last 10 years, i haven't been a complainer. i've just been right. and the other 20%, when we were good, as I was as much a Kool-Aider as anyone else on this board. i guaranteed victory to the go to the Super Bowl, I believed we were going to be good two years, i believed we were going to beat the Packers... hell, i even agreed with STARTING DEREK ANDERSON. When this team gives me a REASON to be happy, I am... Kevin Kolb is case in point. When they give me a reason to criticize them, I do and unfortunately, in 7 of those years, I've been pretty dead on the money about how awful we're going to be. You can't really argue that.

I already answere your question in regard to Heap/Ravens earlier. Not gonna repeat it.

actually, you didn't. so i'll ask you one more time. how many former ravens over 30 ended up being successful on their new teams after the Ravens deemed them expendable? I assume you won't answer this again, but your silence on the matter is quite frankly defeaning.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my bad...so then we should feel really good about Kolb ;)

Not really. Kolb means "bust" in Amish. The Amish are these Pennsylvania gypsies that Kolb is decended from. I heard on twitter (a frequent Amish communication source) that the Amish curse activates when he wears an all black uniform.

This is why thesmel hates the black uniforms as he is a prophet of our doom.

Ultimately...already cursed, we still suck.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Not really. Kolb means "bust" in Amish. The Amish are these Pennsylvania gypsies that Kolb is decended from. I heard on twitter (a frequent Amish communication source) that the Amish curse activates when he wears an all black uniform.

I'm with Shane on this. Dude you're killing me here! :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually, you didn't. so i'll ask you one more time. how many former ravens over 30 ended up being successful on their new teams after the Ravens deemed them expendable? I assume you won't answer this again, but your silence on the matter is quite frankly defeaning.

I answered your initial question here: http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2480968&postcount=45

Which clearly states they released for salary cap reasons.

Do you really expect me to go back and research EVERY single player the Ravens have ever released over the age of 30? :D

So let me get this straight you think Kolb has the ONLY decent move so far this year? All of the signings suck IYO?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

But that's not what is happening. It's perform to the end of your rookie contract and then you're gone. We were 5-11 last year because they dismantled the team that won back to back Division Titles. And its not just Warner. 17 starters from the SB team gone in just two seasons? I don't think that's exactly what all of us Cards fans wanted.

40 that's the same argument we heard last year. "People are getting upset because we are dismantling the Defense that gave up 90 points in the playoffs." Didn't help did it?

But we have a new young QB and 78 new players to check out at camp so what the heck.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kolb's from Texas. What? Did the Pennsylvania Dutch go and abduct him shortly after birth, or was he taken in the middle of the night during his stint in Philly and given the jedi-mind trick to make him think he's a decendent of the Amish?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kolb's from Texas. What? Did the Pennsylvania Dutch go and abduct him shortly after birth, or was he taken in the middle of the night during his stint in Philly and given the jedi-mind trick to make him think he's a decendent of the Amish?

:mulli:

Chicks arent allowed in this thread. Read the sign :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The family migrated.....apparently migrating to texas is very popular.....

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score

No the Amish temporarily made a foray into Texas to steal the young of unaware parents.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So you are saying Twitter lies? The Amish are a very tech savvy people, capable of changing records. Everyone knows that.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
NEW RULE: If you were 5-11 and last in your division and a very good player says he wants to play for you, you sign him.