Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?

therealnod

Reaction score
Pariah said:
Why not Bale? I think he's pretty darn near a perfect choice. Who would you rather see in the cowl?

You're right, after his performance in Shaft he's a great candidate to star in more Really Bad Movies. Who would I rather see? Personally, I always thought Andy Benes would make a great Batman. In truth, I'd rather they just stop making them.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Tom Cruise (Thomas Cruise Mapother IV), 42 years old - 5'7"

The women in his life:

Katie Holmes (Katherine Noelle Holmes), 26 years old - 5'9"

Penelope Cruz (Penélope Cruz Sánchez), 31 years old - 5'5.5"

Nicole Kidman (Nicole Mary Kidman), 37 years old - 5'10.5"

Mimi Rogers (Miriam Spickler), 49 years old - 5'8.5"

--------------------------------------

His next woman might be in high school right now...and she's probably already taller than him. :D

lol good god, kidman was 3.5 inches taller than him!

ps - i cant stand mimi rogers... she played one of the worst and most annoying character in x-files history.. ugh!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I got into an elevator with Tom Cruise about 10 years ago, I was in shock at how short he was. I am like 5'11 and he was like 2 inches above midget status in my book. I would say 5'5".

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I got into an elevator with Tom Cruise about 10 years ago, I was in shock at how short he was. I am like 5'11 and he was like 2 inches above midget status in my book. I would say 5'5".

Is it then that you started having your love fest with midgets?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From ET's website (they'll talk about this on their next show too...)

Tom Cruise: Crazy for Katie!
May 20, 2005

The typically cool, calm and collected Tom Cruise is no more, as the megastar is revealing he is crazy over new girlfriend Katie Holmes on national TV!

On Monday's episode of Oprah, Tom doesn't even try to conceal his excitement over his new relationship -- he literally jumps up for joy when asked about the adorable, 26-year-old Ms. Holmes.

The audience then gets an ever bigger surprise, as Tom goes backstage to bring out his new girl for the world to see! Oprah's delighted reaction: "What has happened to you!?"

The handsome couple have been dating for a little over a month, and have been seen everywhere together -- whether it's snuggling at Oprah's White Tie Ball in Santa Barbara last weekend, kissing for the cameras in Europe or jet-setting off to Mexico!

It all started when Tom reportedly called Katie out of the blue for a private meeting. Next thing she knows, they're on his private jet dining on sushi -- and then vacationing in Rome together in front of the paparazzi!

Tom's summer blockbuster 'War of the Worlds,' opens June 29, while Katie's hot flick, 'Batman Begins,' flies into theaters June 15.

:|

Attachments

• tallshort.jpg
    tallshort.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 128

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't think Tom dating the only self-professed virgin in Hollywood is going to help dispel those rumors that he's gay.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I don't think Tom dating the only self-professed virgin in Hollywood is going to help dispel those rumors that he's gay.

I'm more than willing to volunteer my time to help change her current situation.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Stout said:
Nuh-uh-uh, buster...back of the line, mate. I've had dibbs for a loooong time. :p

Don't worry about it, I'll wait. I don't mind being second in line.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest news is that Katie joined Tom's religion...err...cult...and they've moved in together.

'Free Katie' Campaign Gains Steam
By Hanh Nguyen
June 7, 2005

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -
Is Katie Holmes using her romance with Tom Cruise as a publicity stunt or is she just a starry-eyed victim of the press?

A line of "Free Katie" shirts for sale at FreeKatie.net is the latest Hollywood-inspired clothing trend that capitalizes on the celebrity gossip du jour. The garments gained popularity shortly after Cruise's notoriously exuberant "Oprah" appearance in May when he proclaimed his love for Holmes by leaping on the talk show host's couch.

"I think the response has been so great because it allows pop culture fans to comment on this media storm without being nasty," Los Angeles-based artist and designer Sheila Cameron tells Zap2it.com. "With one simple message people can say, 'I'm not going to buy every image sold to me by the mainstream press or superstar PR machine.'"

The website greets visitors with the message: "Join the movement to liberate Katie, a young, gifted, actress held captive by forces we may never understand. Even one summer of captivity is too long for one so bright!" and continues with "Don't turn away. Your indifference makes you part of the problem. Talk to your children, join in community support groups and please show your support by wearing your 'Free Katie' gear."

Of course, the consumer is allowed to interpret the slogan as they see fit. Some feel that Holmes must be freed from Cruise's spell after allegedly dropping movie roles at his word, switching agents and brushing up on Scientology, the controversial religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

Cameron was a producer and media executive who turned to selling her paintings and clothing designs after an injury sidelined her. She began the "Free Katie" shirts as a lark, sending them to a few friends. The tongue-in-cheek movement spread, with sales reaching from the U.S. and Canada to the UK, Japan and Australia.

Besides the public's fixation with the star couple, Cameron credits her former Hollywood roots with spreading the word about the shirts: "I have been amazed at some of the Hollywood insiders that have purchased the shirt. No, I'm not naming names, but they will start popping up around town."

The t-shirts -- which sport the "Free Katie" message in steel blue block letters -- come in a variety of colors and styles, such as the classic, baby and ringer tees. "The 'Free Katie' junior raglan [style] seems to be the most popular," says Cameron. "The shirts are cut really well and fitted so they are cool and sexy -- not just your basic boxy t-shirt."

The "Free Katie" message is also available on a tank top, trucker hat, button, sticker and mug. Cameron hopes fans won't settle for the imitations. Already a copycat "Free Katie" woman's thong and a "Katie! Say No to Scientology" t-shirt have been found on the Internet.

The FreeKatie.net site also provides a community in which bloggers discuss Tom and Katie, affectionately nicknamed "TomKat."

The TomKat entity will be split for their respective summer films -- Holmes' "Batman Begins," which opens Wednesday, June 15 and Cruise's "War of the Worlds," opening two weeks later on the 29th.

Free Katie site

Attachments

• freekatie_240_001.jpg
    freekatie_240_001.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 189

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
From ET's website (they'll talk about this on their next show too...)

Tom Cruise: Crazy for Katie!
May 20, 2005

The typically cool, calm and collected gay man Tom Cruise is no more, as the megastar is revealing he is crazy over new girlfriend Katie Holmes on national gay TV!

On Monday's episode of Oprah (definitely not a show for homosexuals), Tom doesn't even try to conceal his excitement over his new gay relationship -- he literally jumps up for joy (definitely not a gay thing to do) when asked about the adorable, 26-year-old Ms. Holmes (who's the world's oldest virgin, next to Ryanwb).

The audience then gets an ever bigger surprise, as Tom goes backstage to bring out his new sex toy, the Fluggenkligginkien , for all the world to see! Oprah's delighted reaction: "What has happened to you!?" Cruise also spoke openly about his love for ham sandwiches, especially when he gets to be the ham.

The handsome couple (Cruise, and his annonymous boy-toy) have been dating for a little over a month, yet Tom has been seen everywhere with the frigid girl -- whether it's snuggling at Oprah's White Tie Ball in Santa Barbara last weekend, kissing for the cameras in Europe or jet-setting off to Mexico!

It all started when Tom (actually his agent) reportedly called Katie (actually her agent) out of the blue for a private meeting (to discuss covering up the fact he's gay). Next thing she knows, they're on his private jet dining on sushi -- and then vacationing in Rome together in front of the paparazzi!

Tom's summer crap-tastic blockbuster 'Ode to Ass-Goblins,' opens June 29, while Katie's hot flick, 'Batman's Standards Aren't Really This Low,' flies into theaters June 15.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, that's it. If Holmes has bought into the idiotic religion Cruise follows, then I shall have to *gasp* wash my hands of her. Anybody stupid enough to follow a home made religion created solely as a way to make money...ugh. Come back from the dark side, Katie, please.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These two are real irritating with the scientology business! She's switching up her staff, and avoiding people who aren't down with it. We'll see if she's so gung-ho after Tom gets tired of her and gives her a** the boot! :doi:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Is it then that you started having your love fest with midgets?

Tom was probably upset when Ryan tossed him across the elevator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan