OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cruise may not have a chaperone, but his previous publicist was much better at handling his public image.

Allegedly, Scientology caused the split between Tom Cruise and his publicist of 14 years, Pat Kingsley. He began talking more and more about it and speaking out against psychiatry, etc., against her advice. They parted ways last March...

His new publicist: His own sister, and fellow Scientologist, Lee Anne Devette.

That explains the new Cruise, his antics, etc.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise is an official wacko.

I don't want to turn this into some sort of religious debate so I'll tread lightly. I don't understand how someone can just switch religions. I mean, and correct me if I'm wrong, there's a big difference between Catholicism and Scientology.

I can't wait until we don't have to hear about these two every other second. I give the over/under on their marriage 8 months ... and that's being generous.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Somebody must stop him, he believes in this make believe space aliens coming to Earth stuff? If only Superman could hear me, he would surely stop him!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Tom Cruise is an official wacko.

I don't want to turn this into some sort of religious debate so I'll tread lightly. I don't understand how someone can just switch religions. I mean, and correct me if I'm wrong, there's a big difference between Catholicism and Scientology.

I can't wait until we don't have to hear about these two every other second. I give the over/under on their marriage 8 months ... and that's being generous.

Lucy and I saw a guy on tv 2 nights ago arguing that to an atheist, the bible and Catholicism are just as implausible as Scientology and L Ron Hubbard.

I'm not saying I buy it, or that I want to debate Catholicism, but he was pretty good. Something like "what's more implausible, beings from space, or virgin mother, the last supper etc.?" His point was that part of the reason Cruise and Scientology sounds so nuts, is because mainstream religion is so familar to us.

I think Cruise is just as brainwashed as Katie Holmes is. Penelope Cruz must be jumping for joy that they broke up, and I bet Nicole Kidman doesn't miss Tom so much these days either!

I think Tom's not that far from going Mariah Carey or Margot Kidder on us, someone's going to find him walking naked down an alley screaming about thetens or something. Ironic that a guy that appears to pretty clearly need psychiatric help, is so opposed to it.

Back to movies, at what point does this start to impact his career?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Back to movies, at what point does this start to impact his career?

I'm not sure how much it will impact his career, but he's crippling Katie's career. Already had her pull out of some projects.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
I'm not sure how much it will impact his career, but he's crippling Katie's career. Already had her pull out of some projects.

Agreed on Holmes, if she got into this with Tom to further her career she probably made a mistake, she's MUCH more famous than she used to be, but people are all now convinced she's loony tunes.

I guess at Tom's level it's going to take some serious gaffes, and a stinker or two of a movie, before it impacts him professionally.

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Cruise may not have a chaperone, but his previous publicist was much better at handling his public image.

Allegedly, Scientology caused the split between Tom Cruise and his publicist of 14 years, Pat Kingsley. He began talking more and more about it and speaking out against psychiatry, etc., against her advice. They parted ways last March...

His new publicist: His own sister, and fellow Scientologist, Lee Anne Devette.

That explains the new Cruise, his antics, etc.

\Thanks. Very interesting. There has certainly been a change in him but, maybe the change is just in the way we see him.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
"what's more implausible, beings from space, or virgin mother, the last supper etc.?" His point was that part of the reason Cruise and Scientology sounds so nuts, is because mainstream religion is so familar to us.

He's right on.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Bacall Rips Cruise's 'Vulgar' Behavior
Monday, August 01, 2005

NEW YORK — Lauren Bacall has a few unkind words to say about Tom Cruise.

In an interview in the Aug. 8 issue of Time magazine, now on newsstands, the 80-year-old actress says, "When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise."

"His whole behavior is so shocking," she says. "It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially, but I think it's kind of a sickness."

Bacall was alluding to Cruise's displays of emotion and public courting of Katie Holmes in the weeks leading up to the release of his new film, "War of the Worlds." Cruise and Holmes became engaged in June after he proposed at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Last fall, Bacall made similar remarks about Cruise's ex-wife Nicole Kidman, her co-star in "Birth." While promoting the movie, Bacall became irritated when an interviewer described Kidman as "a legend."

"She's not a legend," Bacall said. "She can't be a legend at whatever age she is. ... You have to be older."

"Private Screenings: Lauren Bacall" and a marathon of Bacall's films were to air Monday on TCM.

:)

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
What is so weird about him? Just because he doesn't believe psychology or the drugs they give people. So what. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

There are a lot of people that think it is full of crap.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest is - Katie is now "Kate" and she'll be "Kate Cruise" once they're married...

Mission: Matrimony
On the 'M:I-3' Set with Tom Cruise

September 12, 2005

The wedding

It's a 'Mission: Impossible 3' exclusive -- should you choose to accept it. ET's own Jann Carl is exclusively on the set of the new installment of the blockbuster Tom Cruise franchise, and the Top Gun is spilling the goods on a few good details -- including his upcoming wedding with Katie Holmes.

"We don't have a date yet," Tom tells Jann with a laugh, "[But we have] big, big plans. We talk about it. I really didn't know that there were so many wedding magazines. I said, 'Are you kidding me? There are things for the flowers, the cake, the dresses' ... The thing that I love about Kate is that she's an artist, so she actually loves ribbons and she makes cards and creates art. She loves flowers, and she'll do her own floral arrangements. So it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a celebration."

Does it get any more top secret than that?

The movie

"We can't even tell you where you are," Tom jokes with Jann about the set of the new movie, where Katie frequently visits. "You were blindfolded and brought here. Right guys?"

The action/adventure, whose plot is being kept under tight wraps, is being directed by "Alias" and "Lost" mastermind J.J. Abrams and also stars Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Laurence Fishburne, Philip Seymour Hoffman and, of course, the returning Ving Rhames. In today's action scene, Tom must leap over a hole in the bridge that he's running across and, of course, he's doing his own stunt.

"Before you do a stunt, everyone's tension is going," he explains. "You prepare and you prepare, and even if things go wrong, you prepare so that it won't go that wrong. But I do feel the adrenaline!"

In fact, Tom's boundless energy doesn't always let up by the time the day's over! "There's moments when that adrenaline is running before I go to bed," he reveals. He also says that his fiancée gives his stunt work her blessing.

"What does she say, be careful?" thinks Tom. "She trusts me. She knows. She loves me."

"I'm sorry," Jann interjects, "but if Tom Cruise is your fiancé, soon to be your husband, you're just going to have to go with him hanging off of bridges and jumping off of cliffs!"

"That's why I am marrying her, because she has no worries about that; none," says Tom with his trademark grin. "She's just fun and easy. She celebrates it. She loves it. We show her the cut footage [of my stunts] and she digs it. She's just fun."

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
The latest is - Katie is now "Kate" and she'll be "Kate Cruise" once they're married...

Mission: Matrimony
On the 'M:I-3' Set with Tom Cruise

September 12, 2005

The wedding

It's a 'Mission: Impossible 3' exclusive -- should you choose to accept it. ET's own Jann Carl is exclusively on the set of the new installment of the blockbuster Tom Cruise franchise, and the Top Gun is spilling the goods on a few good details -- including his upcoming wedding with Katie Holmes.

"We don't have a date yet," Tom tells Jann with a laugh, "[But we have] big, big plans. We talk about it. I really didn't know that there were so many wedding magazines. I said, 'Are you kidding me? There are things for the flowers, the cake, the dresses' ... The thing that I love about Kate is that she's an artist, so she actually loves ribbons and she makes cards and creates art. She loves flowers, and she'll do her own floral arrangements. So it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a celebration."

Does it get any more top secret than that?

The movie

"We can't even tell you where you are," Tom jokes with Jann about the set of the new movie, where Katie frequently visits. "You were blindfolded and brought here. Right guys?"

The action/adventure, whose plot is being kept under tight wraps, is being directed by "Alias" and "Lost" mastermind J.J. Abrams and also stars Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Laurence Fishburne, Philip Seymour Hoffman and, of course, the returning Ving Rhames. In today's action scene, Tom must leap over a hole in the bridge that he's running across and, of course, he's doing his own stunt.

"Before you do a stunt, everyone's tension is going," he explains. "You prepare and you prepare, and even if things go wrong, you prepare so that it won't go that wrong. But I do feel the adrenaline!"

In fact, Tom's boundless energy doesn't always let up by the time the day's over! "There's moments when that adrenaline is running before I go to bed," he reveals. He also says that his fiancée gives his stunt work her blessing.

"What does she say, be careful?" thinks Tom. "She trusts me. She knows. She loves me."

"I'm sorry," Jann interjects, "but if Tom Cruise is your fiancé, soon to be your husband, you're just going to have to go with him hanging off of bridges and jumping off of cliffs!"

"That's why I am marrying her, because she has no worries about that; none," says Tom with his trademark grin. "She's just fun and easy. She celebrates it. She loves it. We show her the cut footage [of my stunts] and she digs it. She's just fun."
Go KATE! :whip:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TomKat (Tom and Katie) Expecting

October 5, 2005

Happy Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are expecting their first child together, a rep for Cruise confirmed to ET.

"Tom and Katie are very excited, and the entire family is very excited," a spokesperson told People magazine.

The inseparable twosome have been dating since last April in a whirlwind romance.

---------------------------------------

After his first two marriages failed to produce any kids, I didn't think Tom could have any of his own. Guess it was the women? :shrug:

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
And yhy shouldn't two of the most immature people on the planet have a child? :shrug:

At least they have enough money to pay for little TommyKatie's therapy.

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...I wonder how tom will react if katie goes through postpartum depression after the birth...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought Katie was a proud virgin? Oh well.... Tom probably thought the only way to really make people think he's straight is to knock up a virgin

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's already been a lot of talk about Katie possibly being paid to be with Tom and allegations that Nicole was paid as well.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
There's already been a lot of talk about Katie possibly being paid to be with Tom and allegations that Nicole was paid as well.

Nobody pays my wife, I have to

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Katie Holmes Completely Cruise Controlled
Friday, October 07, 2005
By Roger Friedman

Katie Holmes Continues Purge of Inner Circle

Katie Holmes fired her publicist of nearly eight years on Tuesday. During her conversation with Leslie Sloane-Zelnick, Holmes did not mention that she was pregnant by fiancé Tom Cruise. The next day, the news broke.

In short order since meeting Cruise in April, Holmes has now fired her manager, changed agents and discharged her publicist. All had been her longtime allies. And let’s not forget the broken engagement back in March to actor Chris Klein. That’s a lot of activity in less than a year.

Where does that leave our Katie? I’m told that Holmes has claimed Cruise’s sister, Lee Ann Devette, as her new publicist.

Pictures of Holmes from just a few days ago with Cruise on the set of "Mission Impossible 3" are circulating on the internet. There’s no sign of a pregnancy, but there is a woman in the background of every picture. She’s been identified as Jessica Feshbach Rodriguez, Holmes’ best friend since the spring and a high level minder from the Church of Scientology. Feshbach’s family has donated millions to Scientology.

As for Holmes’ friends here in New York, the word is that not one of them has heard from the actress since she left to meet Cruise for the first time last April.

And since Holmes has become associated with Cruise, her career has come to a standstill. Pretty much the only project she has coming up is the DVD release of "Batman Begins." That DVD coincides with the release of the one for "War of the Worlds." The timing of the releases and the pregnancy announcement are probably coincidental.

Holmes pulled out of the movie she was supposed to make, "Factory Girl," after she became involved with Cruise. Certain to be a career maker, the role of Edie Sedgwick will now be played by Sienna Miller. A more recently announced part, a smallish one in a Dennis Quaid-directed feature about the 1961 murder of a woman by her bandleader husband, will probably have to be tabled now. Holmes also makes an appearance in "Thank You for Smoking." Otherwise, her career trajectory—which was on the upswing with "Pieces of April"—is over.

All of this still leaves the issue of Holmes’ family back in Toledo. They’re putting on a brave face. But they can’t be too thrilled about a pregnancy without a marriage. So I guess we can expect an adrenaline-filled, paparazzi-crazed wedding sometime in the next month. Gentlemen, start your helicopters.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Katie Now "Shame"-less

E! Online
Thu Oct 13, 2005

Apparently, Katie Holmes is rehearsing the role of stay-at-home mom.

The actress, who recently revealed she is carrying fiance Tom Cruise's baby, has pulled out of the Dennis Quaid drama Shame On You in order to focus on her pregnancy, People magazine reports.

The film, a biopic on country and western swing legend Spade Cooley, had been scheduled to begin shooting in New Orleans within the next month. But the production was pushed back to early 2006 due to Hurricane Katrina. Holmes was set to star as Cooley's wife, Ella Mae.

A publicist for Quaid, who is writing, directing and starring in the film, declined to comment on Holmes' reported exit.

Holmes recently dismissed her longtime rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnick. Per initial reports, Holmes made the move in favor of the flackery skills proffered by Cruise's publicist and sister (publisister?) Lee Ann DeVette. But DeVette said Thursday that Holmes is currently sans spokesperson and therefore no one could confirm the People story.

In any case, DeVette and whomever Holmes decides to hire will have their work cut out for her in the denial and no comment department.

In what has become their signature whirlwind fashion, Holmes, 26, and Cruise, 43, announced they were expecting their first child together earlier this month, just four months after announcing their engagement. The couple has not yet set a wedding date.

With Cruise and Holmes upping their public profile in recent days, tabloids have been all abuzz over the former Dawson's Creek star's very visible bump, prompting speculation into exactly how long she has been in the family way. (She's not saying.)

In terms of just how Holmes got to be in the family way, her aunt has denied rumors that the actress conceived via in vitro fertilization.

"I can assure you they did it the old fashioned way," Carol Zydorczyk said in a recent magazine interview. (We're not even going to ask how she knows for sure.)

Meanwhile, back home in Ohio, Holmes' father, Martin, is reportedly extremely displeased that his daughter is pregnant without the benefit of first swapping vows, according to Life & Style magazine.

The magazine reports that the strict Catholic scolded the actress upon learning of her pregnancy, before telling Cruise, "You're no good!" The grandfather-to-be also reportedly demanded that the pair wed soon.

In other reports, when it comes time for the actress to give birth in several months, it has been suggested that Holmes will attempt a silent labor in keeping with Scientology tradition.

The practice encourages mothers to be to forgo painkillers and to refrain from screaming or even talking as they bring their children into the world. Scientologists believe that the silence reduces trauma during birth and prevents irrational fears later in life.

Holmes and Cruise have not commented on how they plan to bring their offspring into the world. However, we're thinking Cruise better start practicing his silent couch-jumping routine, just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan