Tomb Raider (reboot)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I walked out on the first movie 20 minutes in. This just after staying the entire 36 hours (apparently) of A.I.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
What an overrated video game series.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an overrated video game series.

Overrated? Are you kidding me? The Tomb Raider series is one of the most influential series of the past 15 years.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alicia Vikander to Star as Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider'

Alicia Vikander to Star as Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/alicia-vikander-star-as-lara-888593

Lara Croft has been found.

Alicia Vikander has signed on to star in Tomb Raider for MGM, Warner Bros and GK Films, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The movie project, which has Roar Uthaug (The Wave) on board to direct, will tell the story of a young and untested Croft fighting to survive her first adventure.

Angelina Jolie famously starred in the two previous Tomb Raider movies, 2001's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and 2003's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, and those movies established her as a bankable, franchise-carrying international star.

Vikander, who won an Oscar for her turn in The Danish Girl, is hoping for a similar path and the movie gives the actress her own franchise after proving her salt in acclaimed dramas.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure that I can buy her as a survivalist bad ass like the video game. I am going to be real curious to see the first trailer.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If they are trying to make her look like she's been through a lot, its not working.

yeah...total fail...right now they just got her lookin like I might wanna put her through a lot more....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
yeah...total fail...right now they just got her lookin like I might wanna put her through a lot more....

You do know that this picture is a Photoshop job, right? You can just tell by the size of her head in relation to the body.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You do know that this picture is a Photoshop job, right? You can just tell by the size of her head in relation to the body.

chalk one up for modern technology!!

Angelina's boobs and booty were CG'd in the original tomb raider...still liked watching them bounce.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nick Frost!

Looks pretty good, but EXACTLY like the video game. Definitely different from the Angelina Jolie versions.