Tonight's game televised? Any online streams?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good lord, I just got the stream and watched a little of the 3rd and couldn't take anymore. I'll just keep telling myself it's preseason because that was beyond terrible, and I was expecting terrible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns blew it by not drafting Faried.

OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I too have closed the stream. Why would one subject themselves to such headache? I am a die hard but this is flat out tough.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Ugh - Faried = Manimal.....all the time. now that's the most annoying nickname ever.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only two positives from today was Lopez and Morris.

Morris seems like Frye but with more game than just 3pt shooting. Also seems to have a passion for rebounding and even though he wasnt good today defensively, I think he'll be fine as a defender since he has a rep as a tough notch defender.

Lopez is finally playing the way we wanted him to play ball when we drafted him. I hope he keeps up the play so we can maybe trade for a good young player and a pick...like to the Spurs, package Lopez & Frye together to SA for Blair and a 2012 1st rd pick.

Morris starts and Blairs becomes a very good hustle guy off the bench.

Ronnie Price also had a decent game actually...at least a lot better than Telfair.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This game showed that the Suns at this point are pretty much where they were last year. With Nash out there the Suns kept pace with the Nuggets. Without him, they were killed on both ends. And since Nash didn't play much, the end result was a double-digit deficit throughout the second half.

The three new guards had 12 of the Suns 16 turnovers, many of which led to fastbreak points on the other end (as did Frye's three-point misses). I guess you can chalk it up to still being unfamiliar with the system, but you have to wonder if the backup PG job will again be an adventure this year. Morris played well enough, but he was clearly outplayed (and outhussled) by Faried who was grabbing all the rebounds and dunking everything in limited minutes. He was still on board when the Suns were drafting, but he might have seemed too one-dimensional to the Suns at the time. Tonight it sure seemed like the Suns could have used that dimension.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
This game has me thinking that I am going to waste more time looking at draft prospects than box scores this year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game has me thinking that I am going to waste more time looking at draft prospects than box scores this year.

I was thinking the same thing. Sure wish we would have rebuilt the right way--by getting something for Amare and Steve Nash.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
At least we have a really good bench frontcourt going forward..

Lopez
Morris
Dudley

Our backup positions at C, PF and SF should be set for many years assuming we keep Robin around for a good price.

Gortat/Lopez
???/Morris
???/Dudley
???/???
???/???

We will just have to fill in the blanks before we can be a very good team again.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Sure wish we would have rebuilt the right way--by getting something for Amare and Steve Nash.

God forbid we had players like Kanter and Favors on our team to get excited about in preseason and multiple future draft picks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least we have a really good bench frontcourt going forward..

Lopez
Morris
Dudley

Our backup positions at C, PF and SF should be set for many years assuming we keep Robin around for a good price.

Gortat/Lopez
???/Morris
???/Dudley
???/???
???/???

We will just have to fill in the blanks before we can be a very good team again.

This is about how I see it. Morris might develop into an adequate starter if he has better players around him. Since we have Childress and Warrick for a while, they can serve as backup 2 and 3 players.

We need to focus on starting, even star caliber, players at 1-3 positions. It looks to me like Nash is virtually untradeable. The teams that might want him do not have the cap space to take his contract and we are better off taking his numbers off the books this summer than absorbing a bad contract to trade him.

My fear is that we will, out of loyalty to Nash, hurt ourselves to trade him at the deadline.

Nash would be a good fit on the Lakers, Knicks, or Heat, but we could not make a deal work with those teams even if we tried.

If we could somehow pick up a mid first round pick in addition to our own and then be bad enough to get a high pick, we could conceivably pick up a Lamb, Barnes, or Sullinger (Drummond would be awesome) with the first pick, and a pg in the mid first round.

I am not optimistic about our chances to improve in free agency.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is about how I see it. Morris might develop into an adequate starter if he has better players around him.

The problem is that we can't have a starting frontcourt of Gortat and Morris (if he develops). Both have to be paired with a more dynamic frontcourt mate if we are going to contend. If Gortat is your starter at the 5, then you need a player like Stoudemire at the 4 next to him. If Morris is your starting 4 then you need a player like Dwight Howard at the 5.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that we can't have a starting frontcourt of Gortat and Morris (if he develops). Both have to be paired with a more dynamic frontcourt mate if we are going to contend. If Gortat is your starter at the 5, then you need a player like Stoudemire at the 4 next to him. If Morris is your starting 4 then you need a player like Dwight Howard at the 5.

This may be, but I don't think I have seen enough of either of them to make that judgment yet. Seems to me that if you put to very good combo players at the 2 and 3, it could work ala Pippen, Jordan, Grant, Cartwright.

Unfortunately, I think the best thing for this team's future might be for Nash to go down with an injury (not season ending) early, so that it is clear we are way out of the playoff picture early. This may prompt at trade of Nash to a contender by the deadline. It would allow us to go ahead and develop any young players we have and start really looking at the draft.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be, but I don't think I have seen enough of either of them to make that judgment yet. Seems to me that if you put to very good combo players at the 2 and 3, it could work ala Pippen, Jordan, Grant, Cartwright.

Unfortunately, I think the best thing for this team's future might be for Nash to go down with an injury (not season ending) early, so that it is clear we are way out of the playoff picture early. This may prompt at trade of Nash to a contender by the deadline. It would allow us to go ahead and develop any young players we have and start really looking at the draft.

I thought I've had it rough as a Cards fan all these years but I don't think I've started talking about next years draft before the season actually started. Ouch... tough time to be a Suns fan. I feel your pain.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I've had it rough as a Cards fan all these years but I don't think I've started talking about next years draft before the season actually started. Ouch... tough time to be a Suns fan. I feel your pain.

It's even tougher wondering if the Suns are going to keep their draft picks or worse yet, can they draft a quality NBA player that can eventually be a quality starter.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah I guess it could work if the Suns were lucky enough to get the best player in the history of basketball. :D

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keef looks a lot better in his second game.

Childress sucks and Warrick looks A LOT better as backup SF than PF.

Our bench desperately needs some scoring though. I hope during the season Dudley and Frye come off the bench while Morris & Brown start.

JD and Frye can help spread the floor for Price while Morris and Brown will provide the athleticism in our starting lineup that we desperately need.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Josh Childress is the worst NBA player on more than a minimum contract that I have ever seen.

This team is the worst Suns team in the last 25 years.

At least we are losing by only 15 at home to a Nuggets team without Lawson, Nene, Fernandez, Martin, Chandler and Smith.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while, but does anyone know why we haven't amnestied Childress or Warrick yet, or if we plan to? What's stopping us?

Other than the fact that they were Babby's former clients of course...

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
This team is the worst Suns team in the last 25 years.

At least we are losing by only 15 at home to a Nuggets team without Lawson, Nene, Fernandez, Martin, Chandler and Smith.

Fantastic! I'm banking on us being terrible right out the gate, so we can finally put the Nash era to bed. If there is any progress now we will be more likely to bring another player in to bolster the lineup mid-season, which would hurt next year's draft position and cap space.

The worse we are now the better IMO.

dziki

Rookie
Reaction score
Looks like really crappy game yesterday. At least it`s just pre-season, so maybe they will play better ;-)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
At least Morris has looked decent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake