Top 10 RB's

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i live in SoCal and go to a sportsbar where i can watch all my players. so i see almost every game every week. and you're really just backing up my argument . . . you're throwing out stats. i'm not saying edge isn't a top 10 rb. he is. but he's nowhere near what he used to be (the hands-down best rb in the league) b/c he's never regained that full explosiveness he had when he burst into the league. there were so many times watching him last year that he'd have a crease, pick up 5 yards and be taken down whereas in his pre-injury form he'd have gone for 30-gone. and those openings would spell bigger gainers for both duece and portis. and i could care less about fantasy rankings. of course he's going to be higher than both portis and deuce b/c he plays in an offense that affords everyone on the team a great deal more scoring opportunities (and i expect him score many more tds this year as the friggin' colts won't be on the let's-get-peyton-the-td-record-binge that robbed edge of numerous goalline tds last year . . . no, i'm not bitter).

You're arguement doesn't make sense statiscally, when James has a higher YPC on 40-50 fewer carries, yet you say he doesn't make long runs? He had six 20+ last year and he had nine each of the first 2 years during his best seasons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
JPlay said:
You're arguement doesn't make sense statiscally, when James has a higher YPC on 40-50 fewer carries, yet you say he doesn't make long runs? He had six 20+ last year and he had nine each of the first 2 years during his best seasons.

you're basing your argument solely on statistics and i'm basing mine on my impressions watching him play. your stats wouldn't take into consideration 19 yard runs, does it? 20 yards is an arbitrary number. i'm betting that most people on this board that have watched any football other than cardinals football over the last 10 years would agree with me that james is not as explosive as he once was. you're free to disagree. neither of us is gonna convince the other, so what's the point? we need training camp to start already...

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Still bored. Sorry. Just want to rank and compare ;-)

1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Jamal Lewis
3. Corey Dillon
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Edgerrin James
6. Priest Holmes
7. Ahman Green
8. Brian Westbrook
9. Curtis Martin
10. Deuce McAllister