Top 500 Music Videos Of All Time - Round 1 (Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode vs. Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys)

Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode vs. Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys

• Total voters

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Depeche Mode doesn't beat the Backstreet Boys in anything, then we're all doomed.
Straight up song vs song, sure. But the Depeche video vs the Backstreet video? 4 dudes standing around while one is going different places and sitting in a chair versus space, robots, women, and choreography?

:D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Straight up song vs song, sure. But the Depeche video vs the Backstreet video? 4 dudes standing around while one is going different places and sitting in a chair versus space, robots, women, and choreography?

Yes.

Your point...? It's Depeche Mode vs Backstreet Boys.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Depeche Mode by a mile. The Backstreet Boys were never on my radar. I don't even know a song they did.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, some are just going with whichever band is their favorite between the two rather than watching the videos and rating the actual videos? Gotcha. You do you, I guess.

I like Depeche Mode more than the Backstreet Boys, but I prefer the video made by the Backstreet Boys than the rather lame video made by Depeche Mode. Just because you're a more popular band you shouldn't just roll crap videos out there, IMHO.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
So, some are just going with whichever band is their favorite between the two rather than watching the videos and rating the actual videos? Gotcha. You do you, I guess.

I like Depeche Mode more than the Backstreet Boys, but I prefer the video made by the Backstreet Boys than the rather lame video made by Depeche Mode. Just because you're a more popular band you shouldn't just roll crap videos out there, IMHO.

I agree with your premise, but I actually liked the Depeche Mode video more. I thought it matched the song well. The Backstreet Boys' video was too silly, and I'm not a fan of excessive choreographed dancing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe it's not fair, but I usually don't watch the videos if I'm not a fan of the music.

However, Depeche Mode has made some really videos, so I'm not sure how the examples are selected.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least the depeche mode shows him enjoying the silence. The BSB video is just weird.

I pictured you more as a Blockhead.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with your premise, but I actually liked the Depeche Mode video more. I thought it matched the song well. The Backstreet Boys' video was too silly, and I'm not a fan of excessive choreographed dancing.
Bingo!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Your passive aggressive attack wasn't unnoticed Brian.

What are the rankings of these two? Someone obviously thought Depeche Mode was worthy of a ranking, after all.