Tough draft, but keep hope...

Maximus

Reaction score
I am not new to the board, I posted a lot during last offseason and sat back and listened to you good people while they were playing. What a thrill it was to watch these Suns.

I love offseason almost as much as the regular season. Teams compete year round, and this is just the second half of the season. One thing we all should know by now is that the draft is just half of the offseason equation. Our draft was horrible last year, and we ended up witnessing one of the greatest turnarounds in NBA history, and we are now the most exciting basketball team in the world to watch.

I hated this draft. I got so excited when we drafted Robinson because he seemed like such a great fit for this team's style. I was speechless when they announced that he wasn't going to be a Sun. However, I don't see our poor draft as a result of incompetence, but rather an organization that knows exactly what it needs and is so sure about it that it is willing to do the unpopular. How many of us doubted the Nash or Q or both acquisitions last year?

I like the KT trade. Kurt Thomas was tied for 6th in rebounding last year with SHAQ! Marion was 3rd in the NBA and Amare was top 20 too. What used to be a running team of shooters with a 5 star general commanding the floor is now a running team of shooters who can rebound better and play better defense, are playing their natural positions, and are led by the same 5 star general. And as good as Q was, he took a lot of shots. Give those shots (and more, due to better boards) to JJ, Nash, and Marion!

The sky is not falling. BC and co. will lock in our starters and then bring in some role-players in FA who are known quantities, rather than rolling the dice at the draft. It's all part of a plan, and this draft will be forgotten/forgiven as last year's was.

Maximus

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Maximus said:
I am not new to the board, I posted a lot during last offseason and sat back and listened to you good people while they were playing. What a thrill it was to watch these Suns.

I love offseason almost as much as the regular season. Teams compete year round, and this is just the second half of the season. One thing we all should know by now is that the draft is just half of the offseason equation. Our draft was horrible last year, and we ended up witnessing one of the greatest turnarounds in NBA history, and we are now the most exciting basketball team in the world to watch.

I hated this draft. I got so excited when we drafted Robinson because he seemed like such a great fit for this team's style. I was speechless when they announced that he wasn't going to be a Sun. However, I don't see our poor draft as a result of incompetence, but rather an organization that knows exactly what it needs and is so sure about it that it is willing to do the unpopular. How many of us doubted the Nash or Q or both acquisitions last year?

I like the KT trade. Kurt Thomas was tied for 6th in rebounding last year with SHAQ! Marion was 3rd in the NBA and Amare was top 20 too. What used to be a running team of shooters with a 5 star general commanding the floor is now a running team of shooters who can rebound better and play better defense, are playing their natural positions, and are led by the same 5 star general. And as good as Q was, he took a lot of shots. Give those shots (and more, due to better boards) to JJ, Nash, and Marion!

The sky is not falling. BC and co. will lock in our starters and then bring in some role-players in FA who are known quantities, rather than rolling the dice at the draft. It's all part of a plan, and this draft will be forgotten/forgiven as last year's was.

Maximus

Excellent job Maximus.

I have been a big fan of Thomas. I think he is a nice fit for the Suns.

A good rebounder and defender in the frontcourt that can score.

The offense is still good and the defense and rebounding is improved. Missing out on Robinson is disappointing but you have to give to get.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05