tough game.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
good news is...it doesn't seem like there was any injuries, at least nothing major.

you guys made it a very difficult win. your passing game is THE best in the league. saints have nothing on you. you could have a much better running game if you gave it to hightower more. that guy is a beast and was a huge steal for you in the draft. edge has exceeded his usefulness. you put hightower in and use him to keep the defense honest and you will get a lot more done.

tackling was a rough spot for you. ours was letting those short 10-15 yard catches through.

penalties were also a killer for you guys. we were leading the NFL on penalties and yards but somehow turned it around so it is something that can be fixed. DRC is really aggressive, almost to a fault, but well worth the pick. hood shouldn't have been left with smith by himself.

speaking of smith....that 2nd TD of smitty's was luck. his heel could have easily touched the ground out of bounds but there wasn't the enough to tell that he had or hadn't. imo, that was the turning point of the game tho i think momentum might have started to go in the panthers direction already. that could have easily gone either way.

cardinals are a tough team. if you can just get a couple things worked out on tackling (get them wrapped up before you try and knock the ball loose) and running the ball (mainly getting the ball out of edge's hands and into hightower's) you should do much beter the rest of the season. fortunately for you guys the rams lost and it looks like things are going seattles way (if they win this game it only helps you guys).

here's hoping that you guys stay injury free the rest of the season and you get stuff worked out so we can see you guys again in the playoffs.

btw...i would have come in if the game had gone the other way. i was writing my congratulations to the cards post at halftime cause i thought the game was over and it was going to well for you guys. stewart said on a local radio show that they had a surprise for panther fans this game and at halftime i thought that surprise was going to be that they were going to start sucking at home again. things can turn around at any moment in this game. i have a feeling that this is a turning point for your team. i hope it's for the good.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, Rayzor....

CONGRATULATIONS!! While I think the Cards deserved a better fate, the Panthers came back and that shows their strength of character. Winning on the road is always tough. BUT to me, any time you lose by (7) it means you had your chances. As for our tackling?? SIGH!! To me, it's just TOO MUCH SHOW-TIME!! BIG-HITS are GREAT and they make the ESPN Hi-lites BUT MOST pro-players just bounce off and keep going. NOT every ferocious hit causes a fumble. Championship teams have GREAT D that DOES (2) things REALLY WELL. 1./ APPLY PRESSURE and 2. TACKLE WELL. It's NOT rocket-science. Anyways, Good Luck to you guys the rest of the way. Hopefully, we'll see you again come play-off time.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Congrats on the win Rayzor! Agree on the no injuries. Enjoy the bye and maybe we'll see you guys down the line. :)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rayzor, as classy as you are, it doesn't make me feel any better having you tell us good game. We had chances today and friggin blew it. You guys did what a good team is supposed to do. Find a way to win. Good luck the rest of the way, but for right now at this moment, take your W and shove it. (btw, I'm not always this way, only right after an L)

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Carolina has become one of my favorite teams in the league because of fans like you and players like Delhomme.

Good game

OP
OP
R

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
Rayzor, as classy as you are, it doesn't make me feel any better having you tell us good game. We had chances today and friggin blew it. You guys did what a good team is supposed to do. Find a way to win. Good luck the rest of the way, but for right now at this moment, take your W and shove it. (btw, I'm not always this way, only right after an L)
lol i'm the same way.

guys, i have enjoyed talking football with you. i have a ton of respect for your club and players. i hope you have a good rest of the season and if we don't run into you guys in the playoffs (which i hope will be on our turf cause i don't know that we could beat you on yours) then we'll probably see each other again next year since we seem to play each other every year.

cheers.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Good post rayzor and sums up the Cards pretty much. Until we can win against good teams like the Panthers on the road then we haven't quite got over the 'hump' yet.

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
(which i hope will be on our turf cause i don't know that we could beat you on yours) then we'll probably see each other again next year since we seem to play each other every year.

cheers.

You can win on our turf.....you just need to bring Vinny T back.

Hopefully we play you next year because you are the South winner and we are the West winner.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panther fans have been nothing but class.

I don't think I've ever met a jack-holed Carolina fan.

Good luck, rayzor, the rest of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05