Treat the Niners

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
like it is the Super Bowl because this team has already lost to them and it would be foolish to overlook a team that has already beat you. Hopefully, we have figured out how to pass on them guys the second time around and that we can get our running game going again. This team has not been to the playoffs in close to a decade and every game should be played in desperation for a win. I do not care what the score is, a win is a win and we need one really bad. I do not like the game coming up at Seattle and this team got a much needed win on the road at Cincy and need more wins if we are not able to beat the Hawks later in their own house.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this better not be like 2004 when the only reason we didn't get into the playoffs was because we lost to the 2-14 Niners TWICE!

Kick their ass next week.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this better not be like 2004 when the only reason we didn't get into the playoffs was because we lost to the 2-14 Niners TWICE!

Someone in our section threw waterbottles on the field during the last Niners TD. One of the Niner players grabbed the water and showered himself in an endzone celebration.

Man, I am still angry at that game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone in our section threw waterbottles on the field during the last Niners TD. One of the Niner players grabbed the water and showered himself in an endzone celebration.

man, that's just embarassing.

We should treat this game as PAYBACK for losing to them earlier. I can't imagine looking past a team who's already beaten you once.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Whisenhunt was asked about the 9ers and he implied in a subtle way that the team is anxious to play them again. I believe the team is angry how they let that game slip away to the sucking team. That is good but I hope it does not cause them to make stupid penalties due to excessive agressiveness.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I registered on the 'niners board just so I could go stir it up....

They don't really need my help, but I HATE the 'niners...

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
we need to respect the niners full stop.

we are not good enought to think for a second that we have an easy W at home.

i dont think Whis will let them think this for a start anyway.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
we need to respect the niners full stop.

we are not good enought to think for a second that we have an easy W at home.

i dont think Whis will let them think this for a start anyway.

I know what you mean about respect. The 'niners always give us a game...but I am thinking not so much about respect as revenge. This team let them get away once before...it was close...but they did not know how to put a team away.

This game is in OUR house, and I want revenge on the 'niners; I think this team does too.

Whiz was saying they were talking about this game on the plane-ride home FROM CINCY!

I think the 12th man will remind them what it means to us.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It's different this time. For one thing, Kurt Warner is hitting his stride and open receivers will be get the football. For another, as Cheese said this game is payback time. The Niners stole one on MNF, and every single Cardinal knows it. They will be relentless on Sunday. If there is ONE game this team will be up for this season, it is Sunday versus the Niners.

The Cardinals know they would be TIED for first place instead of looking up at Seattle on top. I'll be shocked if Frisco stays within two touchdowns. And if Whis goes conservative again, ............

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Niners worry me a great deal. Wish we were facing a hurt Alex Smith rather than a healthy Dilfer. Frank Gore looks healthy again.

Their defense is suddenly sacking QBs.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Niners are cooked. Bottom line. That being said, I expect a war as usual. Even with a better football team, we will find a way to make this too interesting. I long for the day when we can just come out and smash a team that is not as good as us.

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
As a 49er fan i am saying you have nothing to worry about. We are god awful this year and you guys are going to have a field day. Dilfer is garbage along with any other QB on our roster, Gore is a non factor with the blocking we are getting up front. For the record i hope the Card's get a wildcard spot and dethrone the Seahawks for the west. I won't be watching Sunday's game, instead i will be drinking scotch watching 1980's highlights... :sad:

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
We just gave up 400 yards to a 3-7 team and we're acting like all we have to do is turn up.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals have been ready for this game since one minute after they lost the MNF matchup.

I can't count how many times a player or Whis has brought up the Niner game in interviews...this date has been circled for quite some time. They are licking their chops.

I'm expecting to see the most complete game of the year, a complete drubbing of the Niners and at least a two touchdown margin of victory.

It's the not-so-secret secret revenge game for this crew. They want it bad.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just gave up 400 yards to a 3-7 team and we're acting like all we have to do is turn up.

Regardless of their record, they are the 8th ranked offense in the league putting up 350 on average. They have a damn fine offense, still.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The Cardinals have been ready for this game since one minute after they lost the MNF matchup.

I can't count how many times a player or Whis has brought up the Niner game in interviews...this date has been circled for quite some time. They are licking their chops.

I'm expecting to see the most complete game of the year, a complete drubbing of the Niners and at least a two touchdown margin of victory.

It's the not-so-secret secret revenge game for this crew. They want it bad.
Well put!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05