ugliest loss of the year, now what are we gonna do?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no! A guarantee went sour! I should go hide! How can I ever face you again?:( I'll just whine on here and talk about the San Francisco losses instead.

yeesh, just giving you a little ribbing. relax man.

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Reaction score
This is a joke, right?
of course, that was a reference to john belushi in the animal house movie, we all know it was those sneaky Italian bastards that bombed pearl harbor....damn you Mussolini;)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it was, it was from a movie, the name escapes me at the moment.

Animal House. It's been quoted so many times on here I can't believe people still react to the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor line.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Even if this team made the playoffs what do you think the results would be playing Dallas, GB, Seattle or NYG on their home fields?

The earlier win vs Seattle was the result of a late turnover by Seattle. Even at home it was not a dominate but kicking. With all the injuries the Cards are not in the same league with the playoff teams. The Browns had 4 turnovers and the Cards just about lost that game. The offense has been non-existent since Cincy.

Whiz has achieved far more than I thought he could. He has given me hope. He has to build on the positives in the offseason and keep the momemtum going. Not signing Dansby would be a back breaker like the bad decisions after '98. If they dont sign Dansby then it is same old penny wise pound foolish Cardinals.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
thank god we kept every game close for the most part this year, but this seattle debacle pretty much slammed the door on our year,

we can point fingers if we want but seattle played a good game and our injuries were to much to overcome,give credit where credits due, the orgination has given us hope until december, thats pretty good for us,
one bright spot in this game and throughout the year is the play of steve breaston, the kids gonna be good, (ughhhhh..seattle just got a pick six on us):bang:anyway

so now what? you want to talk about the draft the offseason free agency what?

Going into this game it was highly unlikely we would even have a chance. Our best players are unable to play or injured. Even if they could play I am not sure we could beat Seattle on a regular basis. We have some work to do before we can compete. I will not even go into what I think we need but we clearly do not have it now. I thought at the start of the year we would do well to win 8 games. Nothing has changed. I still like our coaches and think we will be a better team next year if we keep our good players and make some good additions. I was not surprised or disappointed today. Just glad no one had to go to the hospital in particular Warner who was pummeled rather harshly and still took it like a man. With the game lost I do wonder why they did not give one of the backups some snaps if even to save Plummer's life. I guess he did not want to come out?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The earlier win vs Seattle was the result of a late turnover by Seattle. Even at home it was not a dominate but kicking. With all the injuries the Cards are not in the same league with the playoff teams.

Who is? Almost all the Divisions are wrapped up with 3 weeks left in the season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone writing the season off, one game out, with three games to go, needs their head checked.

I wrote them out when I walked out of the stadium after the Niners Debacle 2.0.

My head was checked after that game, I bulimia-fingered out the rest of the Koolaid in my system, and have been living happily since then. It's much more healthy to be pleasantly surprised by this team (beating Cleveland) than it is to have your heart ripped out, stomped on, peed on and then buried under the endzone turf like Jimmy Hoffa (SF game).

Last edited:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
We're currently what's referred to as "mathematically alive" for a Wild Card spot. That's usually the term given to teams in our position. We're not technically out of it, but we would need a LOT of help.

Catching the Vikings flat out is a long shot. They are one game up on us, but we have to beat them by 1 game since they own the tie breaker due to conference record. The only way we beat the Vikings is if we win out, and the Vikings lose 2 of their last 3. There is another way though..

We need help from the Detroit Lions.

In the event that we pull into a 3 way tie at the end of the season with the Lions and the Vikings, we win. The first tie breaker is between teams in the same division, and the Vikings and Lions are in the same division. The Lions hold that tie breaker by virtue of a better divisional record then the Vikings, therefore, they would eliminate the Vikings. We of course, own the tie breaker on the Lions by virtue of head to head win over them. In this scenario, we need the Vikings to lose one of their last 3 games, and the Cards and Lions to win out.

Of course this system becomes further complicated if the Vikings one loss is to the Redskins who also own a tie breaker against us. Either way, the Cardinals have to win out to even have a slight chance. To put it mildly, it doesn't look good. If we just took care of business at home vs. the 49'ers we would be sitting pretty right now.