Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Cards divisional record:

SF- W
@SF- W
Sea- W
@Sea- L Close game. Missed by inches.
StL- W
@StL- W They have to suffer a home defeat soon and this could be it.

My whole feeling is there is not a divisional opponent we can't beat.

Anyone else think the 38-7 ass whippings are a thing of the past with Green? I think so.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Cards divisional record:

SF- W
@SF- W
Sea- W
@Sea- L Close game. Missed by inches.
StL- W
@StL- W They have to suffer a home defeat soon and this could be it.

My whole feeling is there is not a divisional opponent we can't beat.

Anyone else think the 38-7 ass whippings are a thing of the past with Green? I think so.

Sorry, but this team has to win A road game before I'll hand them TWO divisional road games. Way too early, though.

OP
OP
A

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Never too early my man!

If Green isn't worth at least 3 road game wins we're screwed anyway.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8-8 on the season...with two close losses to tough opponents.

We beat New England and ESPN talks about the Redbirds for a week.

Our team sack total doubles, or comes close.

We are in the top 8 in scoring per game.

For the record....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Talent wise, we out weight the 49ers...they are in a world of hurt at this point

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Way too early, lets see how the QB, O-Line, and the receivers respond to Green's schemes and offensive system.

But in the mean time, there is nothing wrong with Cards' fans getting their hopes up, and then getting them knocked down--its been a tradition around here.:beer:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hey 8-8 might win the NFC WEST.

You don't have to win any road games.

SEA has an overrated coach. And some decent talent. But they are not world beaters by any means. The Vikes beat them like a whipped dog.

SF downward spiral. Lost some players and have a horrible coach and GM and a cheap owner.

STL Lost the man who made their defense a winner. Sure have talent throughout the team. But the QB controversy and Marz is not a great coach either so...

None of these teams are scary.
8-8 or 9-7 might do it. I highly doubt a WC comes from the West this year. The NFC East is going to be brutal.

Use DG's checklist on being better at each position then the other teams in the division.

Best WR: Boldin
Best RDE: Berry
Best FS: Jackson
Best HC: Denny Green
Best TE: Jones
Best G: Davis
Best P: Player

Hey you're getting there :)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Seattle is going to dominate our crappy division.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You guys seen our schedule yet? It's scary.

Home Games:

New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NY Jets
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
SF 49ers
NY Giants

Road Games:

Atlanta Falcons
CAROLINA PANTHERS
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
SF 49ers
Detroit Lions

------

That's a serious schedule. We play both super bowl teams. 8-8 is a SERIOUS stretch at this point. Why don't we all set some realistic goals for this team, eh? How about DON'T GET F'N BLOWN OUT ON THE ROAD. If this team is competitive, fun to watch, and wins 2-4 more games than last year, I'd consider that successful progress.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vince56

That's a serious schedule. We play both super bowl teams. 8-8 is a SERIOUS stretch at this point. Why don't we all set some realistic goals for this team, eh? How about DON'T GET F'N BLOWN OUT ON THE ROAD. If this team is competitive, fun to watch, and wins 2-4 more games than last year, I'd consider that successful progress.

4 more games would be 8-8. I'd consider that successful progress too. 6-10 would be minimally successful, and 7-9 would be pretty damn alright with me.

I think Denny can squeeze 3-4 more wins out of this team than they had last season.

There is nothing like getting your hopes up with the Cards. But I think the reality checks at midseason are going to get fewer and fewer in the next few years.

As an aside, it is a sad statement that when someone says they will be 8-8, that is considered "getting your hopes up." :)

OP
OP
A

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Home Games:

New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NY Jets
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
SF 49ers
NY Giants

Road Games:

Atlanta Falcons
CAROLINA PANTHERS
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
SF 49ers
Detroit Lions

Patty cakes. Every last one of them. :D

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
6-10 but no blowouts.

Need to be more competitive on the road, and start washing away the team's mindset that they go into games thinking they will lose.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
My prediction (at this point) is an overall record of 7-9 (5-3 Home, 2-6 Away)

Home wins against: NYG, NYJ, NO, SF, TB
Road wins against: BUF, SF

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
STL Lost the man who made their defense a winner. Sure have talent throughout the team. But the QB controversy and Marz is not a great coach either so...

More important that who they lost at DC is who they hired to replace him

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
You guys are crazy. Seattle is going to dominate our crappy division.

I think 7 to 8 wins is very possible with Green and what talent we have and the fact that our division is pretty weak.

I would consider this season a success if we win 7,8 games and be competitive for 60 mins in all 16 games. That would be my goal. It would show substancial improvement from last year and bring some respectablity and confidence in the team. It will help us attract the FAs next year that we need. In 2005 we should be competeting for a playoff spot at the min. I would fully expect us to win the division in 2005. JMO.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
I would consider this season a success if we win 7,8 games and be competitive for 60 mins in all 16 games. That would be my goal. It would show substancial improvement from last year and bring some respectablity and confidence in the team. It will help us attract the FAs next year that we need. In 2005 we should be competeting for a playoff spot at the min. I would fully expect us to win the division in 2005. JMO.

That's realistic. Our 2005 schedule, based on 2003 strengths is a little easier. Of course that all could change if the Texans, Giants, and Redskins improve. Most likely the titans & eagles are ready to fall IMO. 2004 will be tough on this team, but that'll make us better in 2005 when we should be pushing hard.

That being said, I think Seattle is the only solid team in our division in 2004. If we whupp some ass in the division, we could still have a great season. I'm realistic but hopeful :)

OP
OP
A

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's realistic. Our 2005 schedule, based on 2003 strengths is a little easier. Of course that all could change if the Texans, Giants, and Redskins improve. Most likely the titans & eagles are ready to fall IMO. 2004 will be tough on this team, but that'll make us better in 2005 when we should be pushing hard.

That being said, I think Seattle is the only solid team in our division in 2004. If we whupp some ass in the division, we could still have a great season. I'm realistic but hopeful :)

Strength of schedule arguments really make me mad. What fans were setting a loss for their team last year based on playing the Raiders or Tampa? Same thing could easily hold true this year.

I'll climb the limb here. We will beat both the Pats and Panthers. Theres two nobody thought we'd get. I worry more about those that we should beat and never seem to. Detroit, Jets, Niners fill this group.

We had no business winning the games we did last season and should have won some we didn't. It all comes out the same. Play the games and win them. Easy formula for success.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
16 - 0------------Hey man, you got a match------I can't keep this thing lit.:shock:

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Strength of schedule arguments really make me mad. What
We had no business winning the games we did last season and should have won some we didn't. It all comes out the same. Play the games and win them. Easy formula for success.

Now, now, now, lets not get carried away here. The games the Cards won or lost by a few points last season, were games in which the team played well enough to win.

:cheers:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Patty cakes. Every last one of them. :D

I love you man!

Prediction: 9-7 just like every year.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ugh, I am just thinking of those home games against all the annoying "New" fans.

New York, New England and New York. And I was born and all my family is from New York.

We have to sweep the New York teams or the family gatherings will be even more brutal.

Plus we have to beat New England for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know you have a real team when other teams are worried about having to play you. And are circling their game with you as a hard one that might be a loss.