uni leak

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
This is crap. All these logos are garbage. I'm gonna go buy some of our current gear so I have something respectable to wear to games. This was a joke form the start

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
This is crap. All these logos are garbage. I'm gonna go buy some of our current gear so I have something respectable to wear to games. This was a joke form the start

No hurry, wait until it goes on sale. They'll be giving the purple stuff away in a couple of months.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
THe colors are waayyyy better... I am not a fan of the dbacks, but the color scheme us much more....manly.

HooverDam

Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
THe colors are waayyyy better... I am not a fan of the dbacks, but the color scheme us much more....manly.

^^This is exactly what Ive been bitching about. The colors are changing to be more "manly" which is completely subjective and stupid. Purple is not a "girl" color, in fact its an awesome color, often seen in the desert that also happens to be associated with royalty.

Real Dbacks wear Purple :D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The real genius here is that they have once again picked a color that doesn't show up well on TV.

The 2 colors that don't work well on TV are purple and ORANGE. This Sedona red color has a good amount of yellow (79% CMYK) to give it a slightly orange hew but on TV it will show up as slightly pink.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
The real genius here is that they have once again picked a color that doesn't show up well on TV.

The 2 colors that don't work well on TV are purple and ORANGE. This Sedona red color has a good amount of yellow (79% CMYK) to give it a slightly orange hew but on TV it will show up as slightly pink.
Our team. Pink? Oh, jeez.

It reminds me of an old fraternity cheer (in mocking a less masculine frat house) -- Knit one, pearl two, Diamondbacks, woo woo.

Maybe we should hire Buck Showalter as our detail-of-uniforms rep. From socks to colors. :)

Seriously, if our colors will look pink, I wonder if anyone in the organization tested them on a TV monitor first.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
If this is any indication, they're not.

You must be registered for see images

I'm definitely feeling the new logo, but the color scheme I'm not liking too much. Perhaps Phoenix is trying to go with an all one color scheme like Pittsburgh has for it's sports teams (minus the Suns, but if they change from Purple and Orange, I'm gonna barf). I dunno, I think the purple and teal was an original change.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any word on when they'll officially announce the new uniforms?

Last edited:

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Darn, I was hoping to see them sooner than that.

Thanks for the heads up.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If this is any indication, they're not.

I'm definitely feeling the new logo, but the color scheme I'm not liking too much. Perhaps Phoenix is trying to go with an all one color scheme like Pittsburgh has for it's sports teams (minus the Suns, but if they change from Purple and Orange, I'm gonna barf). I dunno, I think the purple and teal was an original change.

That logo on the hat is cool...but, it looks like someone's flashing gang signs.

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO, that cap looks like something a 70 year old man would buy at WalMart (on the discount table) for his local fishing trip. Really cheesy looking. If this is for real, I hate the new colors AND designs.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, that cap looks like something a 70 year old man would buy at WalMart (on the discount table) for his local fishing trip. Really cheesy looking. If this is for real, I hate the new colors AND designs.

I guess I'd rather look like a 70 year old man than a 70 year old grandma wearing purple and teal.

You seriously don't like this logo?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I guess I'd rather look like a 70 year old man than a 70 year old grandma wearing purple and teal.

You seriously don't like this logo?

Looks like a cross section drawing of a penis I saw in my doctors office.

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
The design itself is okay I guess. It just looks flat, no depth or pizazz., too one dimensional. Very uninspirational IMO. I had to look at it many times before I saw a snake head in that. The concept is good I guess, it just needs some jazzing up. Maybe it's the lack of color(s) or too plain. I don't know. It kinda reminds me of the Astros gawd awful orange/yellow/whilte uni's from the 70's. Anyone remember those hideous stripes?

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the "db" logo looks alright for a sleeve logo, its certainly a lot better than that snake head logo they've had, in my opinion.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The design itself is okay I guess. It just looks flat, no depth or pizazz., too one dimensional. Very uninspirational IMO. I had to look at it many times before I saw a snake head in that. The concept is good I guess, it just needs some jazzing up. Maybe it's the lack of color(s) or too plain. I don't know. It kinda reminds me of the Astros gawd awful orange/yellow/whilte uni's from the 70's. Anyone remember those hideous stripes?

I disagree. I think the best uniforms and logos have minimal pizazz. They are also timeless. Too much pizazz gets you this.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I happened to see Richard Dozer today when I was walking downtown by the Collier Center. I was wearing a Dbacks hat, and we started talking about the color change and I told him I was disappointed in the move away from the purple. He said he was sure I'd like the new colors/uni's when I saw them, I didn't want to disappoint him and say I saw it online already and hated it.

I could've handled going to like black and copper, with purple as a 3rd, minimal color, but these new colors are just bland and awful. Hopefully they do as well as those weird football uni's ASU wore a few years back.

AZZenny

Reaction score
They don't want to hear it. The new team pres said the feedback from fans was overwhelmingly opposed to the change, but he, too, was just sure fans would love it once they see the new stuff.

We noticed on the last weekend a few of the signs had what looked like the new colors -- there was one for the DBacks training centers that was a bright orange and black, and it was much too close to the Giants' color. So -- we'll see. I hope it succeeds like the Edsel.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I disagree. I think the best uniforms and logos have minimal pizazz. They are also timeless. Too much pizazz gets you this.

Aaaahhhh! Don't bring that hideous thing back from the grave...even if it's for a perfect example. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05