uni leak

AZZenny

Reaction score
Looks like a cross section drawing of a penis I saw in my doctors office
You must be registered for see images

I thought it looked rather anatomical, too.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
The real genius here is that they have once again picked a color that doesn't show up well on TV.

The 2 colors that don't work well on TV are purple and ORANGE. This Sedona red color has a good amount of yellow (79% CMYK) to give it a slightly orange hew but on TV it will show up as slightly pink.

Hi all...I think this is the first time that I've posted on an ASFN forum OTHER than the Cardinals one, but had to chime in a bit since this kind of stuff is "what I do"...

First of all - and this is a discussion for another thread/forum - but I'm really PO'd at the idiot who leaked this in the first place (someone on the FanHome Sports Logos forum)...the MLB is looking into legal action against the moron(s)...

Anyway, that being said, I thought I would address the colors - I run a website devoted to this stuff, and I particularily focus on team colors research. Although the exact shades aren't exact, these new D-Backs colors are very similar to the Astros. However, with the claim about the Red being potentially too "pink" on TV - well, this IS the same Red used by the Miami Heat. And, CMYK colors don't mean a thing anyway when it comes to fabrics, since they equate the Pantone Solid Colors to Textiles anyway. And, the new Diamondbacks Red even uses the same Pantone Textile color as the Heat does. And the Heat certainly don't show up as "pink" on TV. (It's called "Pompeian Red" for those who care.)

One thought I have is that the Astros might be contemplating a change soon...this would make sense both for the Astros (Old West colors for a Space-Age team), and the Diamondbacks.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all...I think this is the first time that I've posted on an ASFN forum OTHER than the Cardinals one, but had to chime in a bit since this kind of stuff is "what I do"...

First of all - and this is a discussion for another thread/forum - but I'm really PO'd at the idiot who leaked this in the first place (someone on the FanHome Sports Logos forum)...the MLB is looking into legal action against the moron(s)...

Anyway, that being said, I thought I would address the colors - I run a website devoted to this stuff, and I particularily focus on team colors research. Although the exact shades aren't exact, these new D-Backs colors are very similar to the Astros. However, with the claim about the Red being potentially too "pink" on TV - well, this IS the same Red used by the Miami Heat. And, CMYK colors don't mean a thing anyway when it comes to fabrics, since they equate the Pantone Solid Colors to Textiles anyway. And, the new Diamondbacks Red even uses the same Pantone Textile color as the Heat does. And the Heat certainly don't show up as "pink" on TV. (It's called "Pompeian Red" for those who care.)

One thought I have is that the Astros might be contemplating a change soon...this would make sense both for the Astros (Old West colors for a Space-Age team), and the Diamondbacks.

Thx, Pant One.:notworthy

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So does PHX now have a color theme.....like Pittsburgh does??

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
However, with the claim about the Red being potentially too "pink" on TV - well, this IS the same Red used by the Miami Heat. And, CMYK colors don't mean a thing anyway when it comes to fabrics, since they equate the Pantone Solid Colors to Textiles anyway. And, the new Diamondbacks Red even uses the same Pantone Textile color as the Heat does. And the Heat certainly don't show up as "pink" on TV. (It's called "Pompeian Red" for those who care.)
The Toronto Raptors look pink on T.V. IMO.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back from lunch at Friday's Front Row and looking at the interior of the ballpark the only purple I see remaining is the dugouts. I dont recall how much there was before, but there isnt any now.

There is a banner hanging just below the 200-level seating that says "CALL 602-XXX-XXX FOR TICKETS" and it uses the new typeface. I thought that was interesting.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While Hall remains tightlipped about the changes, he has met with some fans that raised objections to the new look and gave them a sneak peek at the uniforms. "The response was overwhelmingly positive," he said. "People are really going to like it."
I sure hope thats true.

There is also a slight preview of the new jerseys on the Dbacks hope page. It mentions that they will be revealed Wednesday and the team shops will have the new merchandise Thursday.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com...t_id=1733224&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I dunno, for some reason I have the image of a Houston Astros esque color scheme with the penis head looking logo being the primary one.

TruColor

Reaction score
What I'll say - as someone who has been studying the new D-Backs logos and uniforms for about a month - is that if it weren't for the fact that the colors are so similar to Houston's, most of you would probably really like these.

However, the Purple, Arizona Turquoise, Metallic Copper and Black was a very unique color scheme in the MLB, and now the color scheme will be a bit more generic. A shame, but that's the reality of sports uniforms these days....homogenized.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. You're definitely the expert.

I've always said the Astros unis looked like barbeque sauce. Maybe that's just on TV.

I'm going to miss the metallic copper/black road hats. I liked them a lot.

Bring on the Rust and Dust.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time is this thing going down?

HooverDam

Reaction score
well we know the main color is going to be black on the away uni's (you can tell from the preview pic on their main site). Thats disappointing, I really hate black....whatever.......

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
well we know the main color is going to be black on the away uni's (you can tell from the preview pic on their main site). Thats disappointing, I really hate black....whatever.......

black is very original. Kudos to the Diamondbacks for putting in the vast amount of time and forward thinking to put black in their uniforms.

TruColor

Reaction score

It's not actually.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
If you look closely the brick red is the primary color of that jersey in the pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05