Unstoppable in the Near Future? Blake Griffin

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see the incident that led to Griffin, Artest, Odom and Baron Davis to get ejected. I can't for the life of me figure out why Griffin got ejected. Odom was in total punk mode and Baron came over to defend BG, but Griffin didn't do ANYTHING.

Yeah, I figured he must have said something.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and the turnaround in LA continues... unless of course you're slin, who refuses to see a major turnaround happening with a team who has now won 9 of 12, beating the likes of Miami and the Lakers within five days to cap it off.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and the turnaround in LA continues... unless of course you're slin, who refuses to see a major turnaround happening with a team who has now won 9 of 12, beating the likes of Miami and the Lakers within five days to cap it off.

If they can land a good young PG and IF they can keep Sterling from doing something stupid (and I think they can), this team might finally pass the Lakers as THE team in LA in a year or two. I wish we had just one young talent equal to any of the several young players they have.

And don't look now but not only are the Clips gaining on us but Golden State might pass us also. Fortunately, Sacramento can't seem to put it together or we'd be in the cellar by season's end.

Steve

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

The league will just facilitate a Chris Paul for a bag of Doritos trade and the Lakers will be right back on top..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they can land a good young PG and IF they can keep Sterling from doing something stupid (and I think they can),

herein lies the rub... Sterling will find a way to screw this up. if there's ONE thing you can count on in sports it's that bad owners will always find a way to screw things up, even when handed gold.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
herein lies the rub... Sterling will find a way to screw this up. if there's ONE thing you can count on in sports it's that bad owners will always find a way to screw things up, even when handed gold.

Well, if slin can just convince Sterling that Blake is too small, too slow and too unathletic to play his postion then perhaps...

Honestly, for a few years anyway, that roster might be idiot proof. I don't know how much Davis has in the tank but it should be plenty because he's been saving himself for most of the last decade.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Obviously you wouldn't be saying that if you had studied Griffin's +/- carefully.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was really wrong about him. I thought his lack of length would hurt him in the NBA and his ceiling would be borderline all-star. He's looking like he'll develop into an all-time great if he stays healthy.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
what you don't get is that I never said Griffin is bad or anything, in fact I said he is very good and will be very good, I only said that due to the massive hype he is getting overrated already and his deficiencies that are definitely there get overlooked.

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
A player that scores 47 points and gets 14 rebounds in a game of his rookie season, making his 33rd double-double can hardly be called overrated, there's hype, but it isn't unjustified... I think he has all-star written all over his future.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you don't get is that I never said Griffin is bad or anything, in fact I said he is very good and will be very good, I only said that due to the massive hype he is getting overrated already and his deficiencies that are definitely there get overlooked.

No, you haven't said he was bad or anything. But, you've claimed he's a worse defender than Amare, a horrible shot blocker, too short and too short armed, nowhere near the tops athletically and EXTREMELY over-hyped. Since nobody is calling him the greatest player ever and much of the conversation about him is actually split on whether he deserves an all-star slot, I'd say labeling him EXTREMELY OVER-HYPED is either incredible hyperbole or it's you're way of disguising the fact you feel he's not very good.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like what I have seen of Blake Griffin this season. He is very talented and an athletic freak. However, I do worry about how high he plays above the rim. He would do well to tone down his game for a longer and healthier career. At least offensively, I see a young Amare Stoudemire.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Since you guys are talking about BG, I thought I'd put up my recent Griffin mixes I made. Clippers.com just hired me as a freelancer to make mixes for them. They'll be posting my first video on Monday. :D

The Year Of The Griffin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJHOUV1DTk

One Man's Journey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG1o5isLdsg

Those videos are awesome. Blake Griffin is the real deal. The Clippers are good, on the verge of great. The Suns don't have one player even half as good as him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you gotta love that since Slin called griffin over-rated while not really making an impact on the Clippers, that in just six days since then, he's led them to 4 of 5 wins, wins over the Heat and Lakers and just threw up the biggest scoring night of the entire league this year.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
you gotta love that since Slin called griffin over-rated while not really making an impact on the Clippers, that in just six days since then, he's led them to 4 of 5 wins, wins over the Heat and Lakers and just threw up the biggest scoring night of the entire league this year.

Please quote me where I said that he didn't make an impact on the Clippers, I didn't. I just said he is overrated based on "general NBA boards" hyping him more so than even Lebron James as a rookie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Please quote me where I said that he didn't make an impact on the Clippers, I didn't. I just said he is overrated based on "general NBA boards" hyping him more so than even Lebron James as a rookie.

The fact that you use general NBA message boards as a gauge for information is pretty silly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please quote me where I said that he didn't make an impact on the Clippers, I didn't.

no? what does this sentence imply:

"Kevin Love is putting up as good or better numbers actually but neither means much as long as they don't translate to wins (talent is no excuse the Clippers have tons)".

call me crazy, but it seems to me it's saying he's not making an impact seeing as Blake's numbers don't mean much just like Kevin Love, right? seriously slin...

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been a regular contributor/lurker on various NBA message boards and newsgroups for 20 years now. I've never seen ANYONE hyped the way Lebron was, not even close. Lebron drew more attention as a high school player and then again as an NBA rookie than Griffin, Durant, Rose, Melo, Wade and Oden combined. Now, this would be hard to prove as would your contention but honestly, I find your contention laughable. And he did this in Cleveland of all places.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been a regular contributor/lurker on various NBA message boards and newsgroups for 20 years now. I've never seen ANYONE hyped the way Lebron was, not even close. Lebron drew more attention as a high school player and then again as an NBA rookie than Griffin, Durant, Rose, Melo, Wade and Oden combined. Now, this would be hard to prove as would your contention but honestly, I find your contention laughable. And he did this in Cleveland of all places.

Steve

seriously. slin, you just keep digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole with each successive comment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Most teams would do that.

DeAndre Jordan is good as well, I always wanted this guy in the draft and was furious we took Robin Lopez, although last year it looked like that was a good idea for a while.

DeAndre Jordan is exactly the type of athletic center that our team always needed.

Eric Bledsoe will also be a stud PG and Aminu looks pretty good as well, could be a Shawn Marion type SF.

anyone else remember all those go-rounds we had with some of us clamoring for the athletic "upside/potential" guy (deandre jordan) over the "more nba ready" guy (lopez)? i sure do...

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
In response to the thread title:

"In the near future?" He's unstoppable NOW: http://www.nba.com/video/games/clippers/2011/01/17/0021000605_ind_lac_play8.nba/index.html

^
I think he only had one dunk in that 47pt game. He was doing Tim Duncanese bank shots all night as well. He even overshadowed Timmy methinks, in that he was doing them off the dribble, as opposed to a set shot. He even did a turnaround one.

Shawn Kemp or Amare he is not. He's much better.