Unstoppable in the Near Future? Blake Griffin

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that team is rolling right now. 11-4 in their 15 and not only putting a beating on bad teams, but beating good teams. all while the over-rated Griffin is putting up like 27/15/4 since mid december.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
The basketball gods finally smiled upon us, in spite of Donald Sterling.

Lakers boards are already thinking they'll have Griffin in 4 years. lol

Bleacher report already has some article trading Gasoft for Griffin and Jordan. Some even think that they ( Lakers) are getting the short end. Pretty funny stuff.

For a long time fan of the Clippers ( Ron Harper days), I finally have some hope.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
The basketball gods finally smiled upon us, in spite of Donald Sterling.

Lakers boards are already thinking they'll have Griffin in 4 years. lol

Bleacher report already has some article trading Gasoft for Griffin and Jordan. Some some even think that they ( Lakers) are getting the short end. Pretty funny stuff.

For a long time fan of the Clippers ( Ron Harper days), I finally feel some hope.

Gasol would never be involved in a rip off deal.....

chickenhead

Reaction score
A Cards and Clippers fan! I'm sure you've heard it many times but that's quite a combo. Reminds me of when I was a Cards and Expos fan. Didn't follow the team to DC, thank goodness.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find myself looking for the Clippers highlights just to see what the kid did tonight. I haven't done that with any other non-Suns player.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
A Cards and Clippers fan! I'm sure you've heard it many times but that's quite a combo. Reminds me of when I was a Cards and Expos fan. Didn't follow the team to DC, thank goodness.

Yup. believe it or not, most comments have been positive. lol

People know I ain't a bandwagon fan. At least my Cards have become respectable. I'm almost there...

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I find myself looking for the Clippers highlights just to see what the kid did tonight. I haven't done that with any other non-Suns player.

I told a friend of mine who hasn't been following the NBA closely this season that I'm mainly watching my Suns, the Heat and the Clippers and his reaction was: "Haha, funny". Then I sent him a link to some youtube clips of Griffin...

I'm expecting huge things from this year's dunk contest. Too bad that LeBron still doesn't take part in it!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you find yourself looking at Clippers highlights... I'm finding myself watching entire games... and GOING TO THEM. it's weird.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you find yourself looking at Clippers highlights... I'm finding myself watching entire games... and GOING TO THEM. it's weird.

I moved to Moreno Valley (from La Habra) in 85. At the time, there was no reasonable way to watch Suns games and I love basketball too much to not watch somebody. I couldn't very well adopt the Lakers as my second team so I started secretly watching the San Diego Clippers. I've stayed a semi-fan ever since despite the misery Sterling has heaped on the Clippers faithful.

I watched them play some in Anaheim but I refuse to go to Staples for any reason other than my Suns. I still watch them regularly and cheer for them on TV although I don't have a real strong interest in the outcome. I just think they're an interesting team to watch. Griffin is amazing but he's a real powder keg. I hope he gets that temper under control soon because the guy is just incredible.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
... I've stayed a semi-fan ever since despite the misery Sterling has heaped on the Clippers faithful. ... I watched them play some in Anaheim but I refuse to go to Staples for any reason other than my Suns.

Steve
From an overall perspective, it is too bad that Sterling is such a butt-hole or else the Clips could move back to San Diego instead of being the 2nd team playing at the Staples Center.

Sandy Eggo does support the NFL and MLB successfully.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From an overall perspective, it is too bad that Sterling is such a butt-hole or else the Clips could move back to San Diego instead of being the 2nd team playing at the Staples Center.

Sandy Eggo does support the NFL and MLB successfully.

I love Eggos but hold the sand. Yeah, they do a decent job in those sports but I wouldn't say they do a great job supporting them. They aren't much different than Phoenix in that regard (a little worse, IMO).

They should have just moved to Anaheim permanently. They drew well there and that whole area would just as soon never have to go into LA anyway so it could have established a strong Season Ticket group. It's not like there's no money in OC.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They should have just moved to Anaheim permanently. They drew well there and that whole area would just as soon never have to go into LA anyway so it could have established a strong Season Ticket group. It's not like there's no money in OC.

Steve
Maybe Arte Moreno would buy the Clippers and move them back to Orange County, near his Angels (of Los Angeles???). That's more confusing than trying to figure out, without a GPS, whether your exit off the I-5 will be on the right or left. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Arte Moreno would buy the Clippers and move them back to Orange County, near his Angels (of Los Angeles???). That's more confusing than trying to figure out, without a GPS, whether your exit off the I-5 will be on the right or left. :)

I'd rather Moreno bought the Suns and moved them back to Phoenix. It would be nice to have a professional basketball team in Arizona.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Hey guys I thought the Clippers were a winning team now with the best PF in the league.

5 wins 10 losses in the last 15 games

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Dunks are cool and all but only give 2p just like another boring bank shot from Tim Duncan. Maybe you guys should watch some youtube videos of Matt Bonner shooting 3s instead?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunks are cool and all but only give 2p just like another boring bank shot from Tim Duncan. Maybe you guys should watch some youtube videos of Matt Bonner shooting 3s instead?

Oh yeah, sure, that makes sense. You should get together with slinslin, you'd probably keep each other in stitches. But your Bonner suggestion is a good one, I think I'll focus on his play during the All Star game this weekend.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I thought the Clippers were a winning team now with the best PF in the league.

5 wins 10 losses in the last 15 games

Yeah, he's a real disappointment. The guy is functionally a rookie and yet he isn't able to make up for the loss of the team's leading scorer in addition to the absence of their starting center. Gee, if he was the greatest player ever with years of experience he'd probably have led his team to 6 wins in the last 15 games. Obviously, the Blake Griffin experiment is over and the Clips will have no choice but to trade him for an expiring contract. You really nailed this guy slin, the rest of us were clearly fooled by him.

Steve

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh yeah, sure, that makes sense. You should get together with slinslin, you'd probably keep each other in stitches. But your Bonner suggestion is a good one, I think I'll focus on his play during the All Star game this weekend.

Steve

A dunk gives more than 2p? Since when? I have too many friends already but thanks for your kind advice about slinslin. Bonner didn't make it to the circus game this particular season so you will be disappointed but you can check out Tim Duncan there instead. Watch his bank shot! Cheers Steve!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dunk gives more than 2p? Since when? I have too many friends already but thanks for your kind advice about slinslin. Bonner didn't make it to the circus game this particular season so you will be disappointed but you can check out Tim Duncan there instead. Watch his bank shot! Cheers Steve!

I've seen more than enough of Tim Duncan. Personally, if I never have to see him make that "how could you possibly call me for a foul" face ever again it will be too soon. Probably the greatest big man since Kareem, it's just too bad he had to adopt the theatrical approach to basketball. It works, but IMO, it sucks. Obviously, you can't feel that way since you're already a Manu fan and what's a Ginobili without theatrics?

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
A dunk gives more than 2p? ... you can check out Tim Duncan there instead. Watch his bank shot!
A bank shot gives more than 2p? You don't see 3p bank shots, unless by accident.

I love the bank shot. My favorite NBA player of all-time was Dr. J -- he used it regularly. My favorite Sun of all-time was Mo Lucas. He used it, too.

But most fans would rather see spectacular dunks than bank shots. Especially if not by an all-star who is too good to be a whiner, but is anyway.

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, he's a real disappointment. The guy is functionally a rookie and yet he isn't able to make up for the loss of the team's leading scorer in addition to the absence of their starting center. Gee, if he was the greatest player ever with years of experience he'd probably have led his team to 6 wins in the last 15 games. Obviously, the Blake Griffin experiment is over and the Clips will have no choice but to trade him for an expiring contract. You really nailed this guy slin, the rest of us were clearly fooled by him.

Steve

Hats off, this really made me laugh! Sarcasam at its finest :notworthy: