Updated Mock Draft (1/5/06)

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Ive said this a million times. You and I are the only one who believe this statement.

There is still an outside chance that McCown gets re-signed. Not that I am advocating this, but there is always the possibility. If this were to occur, then playing him makes perfect sense.

The Shark

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
#31 on Penn State (P*****k?) - He can cover, he hits like a ton and he comes out of Linebacker University.

Paul Posluszny. My understanding is that he will not declare for the draft. He's a junior.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Paul Posluszny. My understanding is that he will not declare for the draft. He's a junior.

That was a nasty looking hit he took on his knee in the Orange Bowl. Anyone know the extent of the injury?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Reddog said:
I know this is a dead point but that Christmas eve Philly win feels pretty good now doesn't it? What a difference a win makes. At 4-12 we get Young, Bush or Lienart.

1 Houston 2-14 .535
2 New Orleans 3-13 .523
3 Tennessee 4-12 .512
4 New York Jets 4-12 .527
5 Green Bay 4-12 531
6T San Francisco 4-12 539
6T Oakland 4-12 .539
8 Buffalo 5-11 .500
9 Detroit 5-11 .504
10 Arizona 5-11 .508

1 Houston 2-14 .535
2 New Orleans 3-13 .523
3 Arizona 4-12 .508
4Tennessee 4-12 .512
5 New York Jets 4-12 .527
6 Green Bay 4-12 531
7T San Francisco 4-12 539
8T Oakland 4-12 .539
9 Buffalo 5-11 .500
10 Detroit 5-11 .504

We would not have picked 3rd.

If we lost to Philly then they would have won which would have raised are opponent SOS from the .508 that it is now to over exactly .512. Plus a loss by us to Philly would have given Tenn and even lower SOS since we played them. Hence we would still not have a top 3 pick.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
en fuego said:
My only beef was playing McCown -- a guy they had already decided they were going to let leave -- instead of getting Navarre two or three games worth of live action.

Playing him probably would have taken care of the loss, but at least he would have been that much more ready if he has to step in next year if Warner goes down -- particulalry if the Cards are in the middle of a playoff hunt.

I would like to have seen Navarre also but can understand where Green is coming from. His job is on the line and he gets paid to win games with the best players available. Members of the team would likely not be very excited to go out and extend themselves if they think the coach is experimenting. These are competitive guys and they want to win. Our receivers and Rackers had some very personal goals also which can effect their pay in the future. I would like to be drafting higher but you got to go out and play your best with your best players.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Vince Young is a great runner, but he has a lot to prove as a passer over 15 yards.

Better make that 25 yards since the game winner against Ohio State was 24 yards with no YAC by the receiver.

The thing that has impressed me most about Young? Texas gave up 75 points in two Rose Bowl games...and won them both.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Better make that 25 yards since the game winner against Ohio State was 24 yards with no YAC by the receiver.

The thing that has impressed me most about Young? Texas gave up 75 points in two Rose Bowl games...and won them both.
:shrug:

I dunno. Vince Young didn't have nearly the day that the Fresno State QB had against the Trojans offense doing what QBs are supposed to do, which is pass. In the highlight reels that ESPN's been showing of the Rose Bowl, not one of them is a pass by Vince Young. He'll be a great wide receiver, but it's yet to be shown that he can pass in the big leagues.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

I dunno. Vince Young didn't have nearly the day that the Fresno State QB had against the Trojans offense doing what QBs are supposed to do, which is pass. In the highlight reels that ESPN's been showing of the Rose Bowl, not one of them is a pass by Vince Young. He'll be a great wide receiver, but it's yet to be shown that he can pass in the big leagues.

A game winner against Ohio State. 30/40 in the National Championship game. I'd say that was passing in the "big leagues". As for passing in the NFL, Young has never played a down there so it's impossible for him to show he could pass there. :shrug:

Also are you referring to the Fresno State QB who threw FOUR interceptions against USC?

And for the record Vince didn't play against the Trojans offense.:biglaugh:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Haven't you said many times that passing isn't important, only winning?