Utah Jaz vs L.A. Lakers series

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Utah Jazz vs L.A. Lakers series

Game 1: Sun., May 4: at L.A., 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 2: Tue., May 6: at L.A., 10:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: Fri., May 9: at Utah, 9:00 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 4: Sun., May 11: at Utah, 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 5*: TBD: at L.A., TBD (TBD)
Game 6*: TBD: at Utah, TBD (TBD)
Game 7*: TBD: at L.A., TBD (TBD)

* if necessary

I'm surprised that many are already counting L.A. in the Western finals already.Sweeping Denver 4-0 was a success but then again,that was Nuggets:)

Kobe,Gasol,Deron Williams and Boozer will play well,I'm sure,but I think Fisher,Odom,Kirilenko and Okur's success will determine the series.

Jazz in 7!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Game 1: Sun., May 4: at L.A., 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 2: Tue., May 6: at L.A., 10:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: Fri., May 9: at Utah, 9:00 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 4: Sun., May 11: at Utah, 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 5*: TBD: at L.A., TBD (TBD)
Game 6*: TBD: at Utah, TBD (TBD)
Game 7*: TBD: at L.A., TBD (TBD)

* if necessary

I'm surprised that many are already counting L.A. in the Western finals already.Sweeping Denver 4-0 was a success but then again,that was Nuggets:)

Kobe,Gasol,Deron Williams and Boozer will play well,I'm sure,but I think Fisher,Odom,Kirilenko and Okur's success will determine the series.

Jazz in 7!:)
if you're a non laker fan why would you not root for the jazz? I'm not sure if the jazz can beat them.....I'm not sure that they can beat the spurs either in a seven game series. but deron williams is a beast and is right there close to chris paul....and really has outplayed paul head to head in the games I watched. kobe.....and williams. those are the key guys of emphasis because neither team really has a true answer for the other at least on paper. and don't tell me fischer....while he is a good defender. so is AK, but he can't guard kobe eventhough he might try. the jazz quietly are one of the deepest teams in the league as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Did you spell "Jaz" with one Z instead of two because they're only half as sleep-inducing as usual?

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
:d

Attachments

• kobegasoljt3.jpg
    kobegasoljt3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 348
  • smallmouth_100205_22BudFreeman.jpg
    smallmouth_100205_22BudFreeman.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 353

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
This series is going to be tough. The sweep of Denver will help LA because they are well rested, but winning games in Utah is very very tough. Utah has a great team, and they have a great coach in Jerry Sloan, I have nothing but the highest respect for them. That being said..

Lakers in 5.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
This series is going to be tough. The sweep of Denver will help LA because they are well rested, but winning games in Utah is very very tough. Utah has a great team, and they have a great coach in Jerry Sloan, I have nothing but the highest respect for them. That being said..

Lakers in 5.

Darth I'm glad you tolerate the fishin pics;)

I agree,it's gonna be tough series,Utah is a physical team,they have sharp shooter like Deron,Okur,Korver.

It's gonna be interesting to see two terrific terrific coaches,Phil Jackson and Sloan against each other.

Utah has to steal 1 in first 2 games if they want to survive.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

Lakers in 5.
so which is it you have respect for them or not?

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
The pics are funny! Hope we dont see them regarding the finish of the series.

I for one, have some concerns for this series. The lakers have shown a propensity for letting physical teams bully them. The lakers are tall and lengthy and Utah is one team that can match the length. I think the X factors are Kirlenko and Odom.

Defending the PG position is key as well.

Go Lakers!!!!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The pics are funny! Hope we dont see them regarding the finish of the series.

I for one, have some concerns for this series. The lakers have shown a propensity for letting physical teams bully them. The lakers are tall and lengthy and Utah is one team that can match the length. I think the X factors are Kirlenko and Odom.

Defending the PG position is key as well.

Go Lakers!!!!
those are some shaky Xfactors. I wouldn't put any stock in either of the two. but if one of them play well it could reap success for their team. I think they both find ways to disappear often times.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
so which is it you have respect for them or not?

Just because I think they don't match up well with the Lakers doesn't mean I don't respect them. I think they're a very good team, but I think they're going to come up on the short end of the stick against LA. They're getting there in my opinion, but they're not yet all the way there. Just because I'm taking the Lakers to win, doesn't mean I don't respect the Jazz. If they push it to 7 games, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
those are some shaky Xfactors. I wouldn't put any stock in either of the two. but if one of them play well it could reap success for their team. I think they both find ways to disappear often times.

Exactly my point... I wasnt implying that they were x factors because their consistency would overwhelm the other. As you said... i think if either has games they are capable of, then that puts their respective teams over the top.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game two changed to Wednesday night.

Lakers win 4-2, fairly handily.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05