Utah Jaz vs L.A. Lakers series

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good thing they're arent' calling the flops on fisher. that's has me sick already.

every little touch on kobe, foul here, foul there.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every little touch on kobe, foul here, foul there.

:biglaugh:

Kobe doesn't get little touches called. He gets hard contact, sometimes with no call. He gets phantoms too, but most of the time it is legit contact.

BTW, in case you were confused, on the three pointer with the whistle, the foul wasn't made on Kobe, it was against Luke's guy down low...thus Luke shot the 1 free throw. I can't begin to tell you how many people have pointed to that as a phantom call of contact on Kobe, so I'll cut you off at the pass.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jerry Sloan stated the fouls on KB were legit. Dont know what else you need.
coaches are professionals. they know what to say and what not to.

atleast sloan does.lol

if not, you'd have every coach flaming refs every post game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big game from the MVP, who looked like he was on cruise control, going 34-8-6 on 61% shooting.

Up 2-0 and looking for the split in Utah.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Officiating wasn't the problem for the outcome. Fisher and Vujajic nailed big shots when the lead was down to 5 pt late in the 4th. That finished Utah's momentum. However, Utah played quite tough and we will see how they do home.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They play tough, but they have a hard time with LA's odd combination of length, speed and athleticism.

Yet again though, they out-rebounded us.

Deron is going to go off next game...but I think the gameplan will be to let him. Give him his shots, let him score. Then force the rest to beat us while Kobe goes into total attack mode. To this point, he's really laid back a lot.

Going up 3-0 would be devastating to the Jazz.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boozer has gone AWOL.

Disastrous for Jazz....

Agreed. Not sure why he thinks pushing defenders in the back on offensive rebounds is a sound strategy. His third foul, a ridiculous over the back swat on Luke, was dumb.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'm normally a big fan of Boozer, I really like the guy. Of course, I'm not rooting for him in this series, since he's playing my favorite team, but it's clear he hasn't been himself. I'm not sure why, but I look for the comforts of home to be a big help to him. Game 3 on Friday is likely to be the hardest game the Lakers have played this year. The Jazz are going to come out with a fire under them, I have no doubt.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Boozer isn't just scared of getting blocked, he isn't himself...period. His outside shot is just horrible. His footing is off when he shoots. I just think he is not sure of himself on playing the Lakers. He is a shell of himself right now. maybe a good home cooked meal will do wonders tonight. If they lose tonight it is all over in 4.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
The refs are really letting them play.. as usual. Getting out of hand and Dick Bevetta is far too old to be out there.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have no idea how the Lakers are even still in this game. I give the Jazz credit, they are killing us in just about every aspect of this game. I'm not sure how it is that we're only down 9 at the half, but this has been an ugly one for the Lakers.

I give the Jazz their props, they came to play and they're taking it to us big time.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'll be SHOCKED if the Lakers can complete the come back.

Seriously, we have been getting hammered all game, a win here would be unreal. I don't think the Jazz will give it away, but I never underestimate Kobe.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Game over, Jazz win.

They earned it, flat out kicked the Lakers asses. No excuses, the Lakers just got beat down badly.

Jazz defense was great tonight, and the Lakers played NO defense at all. Weak defense + turnovers on the road equal a loss every time. Lakers should be disgusted with themselves, they were flat out embarassed tonight.

No biggie though, they need to put it behind them, get the split in game 4 and bring it home with the Jazz on the ropes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05