Utah Jaz vs L.A. Lakers series

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha...Lakers shoot 36% from the field in the 1st quarter, Jazz 52% and yet the Lakers lead 25-24 after 1 quarter.

Kobe with 15 points already on 4/6 field goals and 6/6 free throws.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
kobe and okur are playing awesome,
boozer and williams both have to step up in the 4th.
79-72 end of 3rd

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the Lakers get all the calls should watch this game. Lakers are getting mugged and no whistles at all.

Yes, the Jazz are also playing well, but they are getting some serious help.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Lamar got the crap fouled out of hiim at the end of the 3rd quarter. Unreal that was a no call.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Lamar got the crap fouled out of hiim at the end of the 3rd quarter. Unreal that was a no call.

That was a good no call! Let them play!

runs for cover!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If a Lamar Odom falls after a layup and no one is around him is it really a foul?

This isn't in response to a play in this game as I am not watching it, but I've been wondering this for a long time.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
i'm watching the game and i see harpring's "no foul,no goaltending".
i think the refs are fair,there are mistakes for each teams

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

That would be fine if they called it the same both ways. The Lakers are literally playing 5 on 8 in this one, it's absolutely horrible how slanted the calls are. Utah is getting the benefit of every call. I'm usually the last one to complain about officiating, but this one is just terrible.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
That would be fine if they called it the same both ways. The Lakers are literally playing 5 on 8 in this one, it's absolutely horrible how slanted the calls are. Utah is getting the benefit of every call. I'm usually the last one to complain about officiating, but this one is just terrible.

Right now the Lakers have shot more free throws, more fouls have been called on the Jaz, and 2 Jaz starters have 5 fouls.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

Eh tu Darth? You have been here too long...it's rubbing off on you. They have missed calls both ways. It's been pretty even. We cannot blame the refs for lack of concentration on D. It's been fair

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Right now the Lakers have shot more free throws, more fouls have been called on the Jaz, and 2 Jaz starters have 5 fouls.

That's because the Jazz are absolutely mugging LA on every single trip down the court. Had they been consistantly calling those fouls, the Jazz would have been in penalty since half way through the 3rd.

I know I won't get any support here on this, and that's fine. Win lose or draw, I'm not going to blame officiating, I just don't like the way the game was called. Now at the end, they start blowing everything a foul on both teams. It's frustrating when they allow brutal physicality for one quarter, then call ticky tack fouls the next. I guess that's just part of the NBA though.

Eh tu Darth? You have been here too long...it's rubbing off on you. They have missed calls both ways. It's been pretty even. We cannot blame the refs for lack of concentration on D. It's been fair

I'm not going to blame the refs, we got some calls as well. I just feel like the refs constant whistles removed any type of flow from this game. I'm not going to cry about it, I just didn't like it.

Last edited:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Well, looks like the Lakers will survive game 1 for a 1-0 lead.

The Jazz played hard and proved they can hang with LA. Lakers are going to have to play at the top of their game to get past these guys. The Jazz a very good team, this one is gonna be rough.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

The Jazz played hard and proved they can hang with LA. Lakers are going to have to play at the top of their game to get past these guys. The Jazz a very good team, this one is gonna be rough.

As if there is a chance Stern isn't going to have Lakers vs Celtics.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

I am really bothered by the lakers propensity to give up large leads. It's happened all year long. However, a W is a W!!!!

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I am really bothered by the lakers propensity to give up large leads. It's happened all year long. However, a W is a W!!!!

Agreed, we let them back into it time and time again. I credit a lot of it to the Jazz just being a talented and well coached team. I'm happy we escaped with the win, now it's time to focus on Game 2. Utah is a tough tough place to win, we need to go there up 2-0.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
25 offensive rebounds for the Jazz? Is that stat worse for the Lakers or for the Jazz?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

runs for cover!

Meh, you got to play through it, but come on. It's two guys alone with nobody within 40 feet of them. And the refs totally blow it. You got to play through it, and you have to expect it, but sometimes the incompetent refs do things that shock me.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the Lakers get all the calls should watch this game. Lakers are getting mugged and no whistles at all.

Yes, the Jazz are also playing well, but they are getting some serious help.

Its all a conspiracy to get the jazz into the finals.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i saw PG & kobe getting the benefit of that calls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05