Van Pelt

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
I think that the Cards could pick up Van Pelt (QB Colo ST) for practically nothing after the draft. He is the type of QB that is gritty and tough like Farve. And is not afraid to throw the long bomb. eh, pipe dreams, I know.

How are the Cards doing on QBs? I Denny even going to bring one in, or is he waiting till after June first to decide?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HIX said:
I think that the Cards could pick up Van Pelt (QB Colo ST) for practically nothing after the draft. He is the type of QB that is gritty and tough like Farve. And is not afraid to throw the long bomb. eh, pipe dreams, I know.

How are the Cards doing on QBs? I Denny even going to bring one in, or is he waiting till after June first to decide?
He already signed Shaun King.

We'd have to draft Van Pelt. He won't go undrafted.

OP
OP
HIX

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Pariah said:
He already signed Shaun King.

We'd have to draft Van Pelt. He won't go undrafted.

Really? Shaun King? huh, must have missed that. I hope he gets a little more accurate than the last couple times I saw him play....

I get the feeling that Van Pelt will slip between the cracks and not het drafted, don't know why, but it is a hunch

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I'd be all in favor of drafting someone in the later rounds (Van Pelt is a great choice, as is Dimwittie from Boise St.) and having them compete w/ Parsons as a developmental third stringer.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is he related to Alex Van Pelt?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Why would we spend a draft pick on someone who won't be active for any of the games? If they want to take a chance on someone as a 3rd stringer, make it an Arena player, NFLE player, or CFL player who'll sign for the minimum.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Is?

Ryanwb said:

Is Alex Van Pelt related to Alex Van Halen?

If so it would hard to "beat" our team.

Ah.....go take your drum and beat it.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BuckeyeCardinal said:
Is Alex Van Pelt related to Alex Van Halen?

If so it would hard to "beat" our team.

Ah.....go take your drum and beat it.
I was talking about the QB from the Buffalo Bills :confused:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
HIX said:
To be honest Ryan, I have no idea
Well then....guess I will just have to make a call to Van Pelts mother....'scuse me while I whip this out

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

I think his dad is Brad Van Pelt who played for the NY Giants in the '80s

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Just

Ryanwb said:
Well then....guess I will just have to make a call to Van Pelts mother....'scuse me while I whip this out

Just kiddin Ryan...."the sheriffs a..."

OP
OP
HIX

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Maybe he won't slide under...

"

You'll think I'm crazy, but chew on this name for a quarterback we would think about around the fifth round or so: the (Bradlee) Van Pelt kid from Colorado State. I knew his father (former New York Giants linebacker Brad Van Pelt) as a player, and this kid has the same kind of toughness. Our (scouts) really are intrigued by him. He's got far better athleticism than other teams seem to think. And we think he could maybe play a couple of positions, maybe even chase down kicks on special teams. Some of our guys like the LSU kid, Matt Mauck, too, but he's a little older and that is a concern."
"

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, he's Brad Van Pelt's kid.

Either Mayock or some other NFL Network dude mentioned him as one of the "surprises" coming out of the Combine. He said something to the effect that: Despite the desire by most scouts to switch Van Pelt to another position like safety, he loved the kid's fire, leadership and athleticism (important attributes in a QB) and would give the kid every chance to make it as a QB before considering a position-switch.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Yes, he's Brad Van Pelt's kid.

Either Mayock or some other NFL Network dude mentioned him as one of the "surprises" coming out of the Combine. He said something to the effect that: Despite the desire by most scouts to switch Van Pelt to another position like safety, he loved the kid's fire, leadership and athleticism (important attributes in a QB) and would give the kid every chance to make it as a QBSounds a lot like McCown, huh? before considering a position-switch.
:cool:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Sounds a lot like McCown, huh?:cool:
Did scouts talk about moving McCown to another position?

If not, I don't think it sounds like McCown. Maybe Gannon, but not McCown.

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
I really don't think we are going to draft a QB in the later rounds because I think Parson is alot better at this stage than who we draft that low. What do you guys think?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
khilari said:
I really don't think we are going to draft a QB in the later rounds because I think Parson is alot better at this stage than who we draft that low. What do you guys think?
I think we could get somebody (like a Van Pelt) with better potential than Parsons. He doesn't do anything for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05