Video: Matt Leinart - The Big Easy

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim that was pretty good. I was afraid it was going to be about Paris Hilton by the big easy comment.

That's exactly what they said about Matt at USC, when he was backing up Palmer he didn't play well at all in practice or in spring games, there were a lot of people at USC that didn't think he'd win the job from Cassel after Palmer left, and many that thought Booty would eventually take the job from Matt. But once Palmer was gone, and Matt knew the starting job was actually up for grabs, he became a different guy.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I wasnt a Matt fan but he has quickly won me over... That guy is good!

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
I just enjoy watching him throw the ball....he makes it seem effortless. Smooth throughout the entire movement. Hope he can stay calm while the bears part the Red Sea....

Come on Monday!!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Merril Dodge was on Cowherd this morning pimping how Gradkowski was much more impressive in his debut than Matt. Said Matt can't (and didn't in college) "plant his foot and throw". Huh?? The throw that Johnson dropped in the end zone looked pretty good in that regard if I remember correctly. thoughts?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Merril Dodge was on Cowherd this morning pimping how Gradkowski was much more impressive in his debut than Matt. Said Matt can't (and didn't in college) "plant his foot and throw". Huh?? The throw that Johnson dropped in the end zone looked pretty good in that regard if I remember correctly. thoughts?

Matt doesn't have a cannon for sure, that's the knock on him puts too much air under the ball on deeper throws. but he showed plenty of velocity on Sunday.

Both guys had very impressive debuts against teams with top 10 passing defenses(KC is 4th in yards a game allowed, NO is 9th).

The knock on Gradkowski pre draft is he's only 6'1" and doesn't have a cannon arm. He's tough as nails and mobile but pretty much every scouting report you read on him said career backup. I know several folks on this board were touting him pre draft and the highlights of his game Sunday sure looked impressive. Scouts get so hung up on arm strength etc sometimes they miss good players. I looked up his NFL.com scouting report said too short, not a quick release, will get a lot of balls batted down.

I still think we got the best QB from the draft. I think the only guy who has an argument is Cutler because he's got a better arm than Matt, but I think Matt has special intangibles that just make him a great QB.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Matt doesn't have a cannon for sure, that's the knock on him puts too much air under the ball on deeper throws. but he showed plenty of velocity on Sunday.

Maybe our senses have been deadened by crap QB play we've been subjected to here, but Matt's deep throws Sunday sure looked crisp and accurate to me.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you mean Merril Hodge, then that guy is a walking concussion and quite the idiot. Take anything he says with a rock of salt.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I heard the interview with Hoge today. IIRC, he said that Leinart was "solid" but he thought the TB QB had more upside. Hoge's opinion since last year was that Leinart would be good, but not special.

He also said that the interception Leinart threw was a symptom of his poor technique and that he would have this problem through-out this career.

If I respected his opinion I would cared, but since I don't...............

The Shark

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I heard the interview with Hoge today. IIRC, he said that Leinart was "solid" but he thought the TB QB had more upside. Hoge's opinion since last year was that Leinart would be good, but not special.

He also said that the interception Leinart threw was a symptom of his poor technique and that he would have this problem through-out this career.

If I respected his opinion I would cared, but since I don't...............

The Shark

Hodge you could have said that about any Cardinal QB the last 20 years but not this one, sometimes it pays to be original.

That's such a BS analysis it's not even funny, his technique had zip to do with that interception, it was a case of throwing the ball or not throwing the ball, end of story, the only technique that could of saved the day would be sneaking a howitzer on his back so he could have fired the ball out of it and sent it rocketing through Law to Boldin.

Then again maybe the Buggs Bunny technique would've worked where he disguised the ball as a chicken so Law let's it go through too.

Idiot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05