Vikings home game?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, yeah.

I think you use the term "fans" lightly in your statement.

What makes you think these same "fans" won't sell their playoff tickets to make a buck? I'm sorry, but fans selling their tickets pisses me off. I could have used an extra $150 this week to pay my freaking bills, but I still went to the suck ass game and didn't sell my tickets, though now I kinda wish I had since I had such a freaking horrible time being surrounded by Vikes fans and watching my team suck ass.

And I could CERTAINLY use the $512 (plus the interest I will pay on my CC) that I spent on my playoff tickets.

But I can't bring myself to sell those tickets. I'll eat pasta and drink water from the faucet for the next four months because I want to be there. Win big or lose miserably. I will be there. That is how I roll.

Up until this year I would have agreed with you, but I just can't get all up in arms about what someone else decided to do with their tickets in these economic times. Sorry. Just can't. At the end of the day players get to go home to their millions while most people are struggling to continue to support their sorry ass along with still paying their real bills.

If I recall correctly I sold my tickets last year for the Steeler game. I felt absolutely terrible having done so, but it was my decision and I don't think I am any less of a fan for it. I sat through those terrible years at SDS. I stayed up late waiting for news of so and so signing. I watched untold hours of draft coverage... read every concievable news outlet scouring for tidbits on the Cards for years, argued hours on end about how they could compete if so and so wasn't hurt. I paid my dues so I see nothing wrong with cashing in every now and then. Besides the view is much better from the strip club. :D

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh and the seats are too cramped, the food is atrocious and I am usually surrounded by a bunch of bandwagon, uninformed, loud mouthed idiots who don't know jack squat about the team or football in general.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up until this year I would have agreed with you, but I just can't get all up in arms about what someone else decided to do with their tickets in these economic times. Sorry. Just can't. At the end of the day players get to go home to their millions while most people are struggling to continue to support their sorry ass along with still paying their real bills.

If I recall correctly I sold my tickets last year for the Steeler game. I felt absolutely terrible having done so, but it was my decision and I don't think I am any less of a fan for it. I sat through those terrible years at SDS. I stayed up late waiting for news of so and so signing. I watched untold hours of draft coverage... read every concievable news outlet scouring for tidbits on the Cards for years, argued hours on end about how they could compete if so and so wasn't hurt. I paid my dues so I see nothing wrong with cashing in every now and then. Besides the view is much better from the strip club. :D

I understand, and I guess I was a little harsh with quote fan unquote thing. Everyone has a right to do whatever they want to do with their tickets.

I just wish I could get a heads up when everyone was doing it so I could avoid the crappy opposing fans in my section. I'd rather watch the game on my hi-def big screen and not have to drive out to Glendale and waste my day getting abused by opposing fans in my teams' stadium than come on out and have to deal with the ********.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
What will stop this?

One thing stops this, it's all fun to go watch your team win but if you shell out a cool 500to 1k and watch your team take an ass beating and feel unsafe as you're watching the ass beating then you are less likely to do it again.

So here's a tip, if the Cardinals ever show up in such a game, get right on the line of getting tossed, agitate, embarrass them, make them weep at their stupidity and audacity to come into your house with those colors, make them rue the day they decided this was going to be fun.

The ones that sold their tickets should have to watch their team beat the ass of the other team and when they get back then you give them more hell than you gave the other teams fans, no tailgating, no sharing food or laughing or crackign jokes just steely you suck buddy stares.

Spill a beverage on their seat, ooops who did that?

Grow a pair of fan balls.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
From the after game presser:

Childress said he asked his team before the game "Where do we play our best ball?"

"And they said 'Home,'" Childress said. "I said, 'You see all those purple jerseys in the stands out there?' I said, 'It's going to be a home environment. We're going to make it a home environment.' I was glad we were able to do that."

What a disgrace. All those fans who knowingly sold their tickets to Viking fans should be tied and quartered. The perception is going to be SOC nationally until this crap changes....
I feel like throwing up again after reading this... the people who sold their tickets to purple people should be banned from playoffs.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I understand, and I guess I was a little harsh with quote fan unquote thing. Everyone has a right to do whatever they want to do with their tickets.

I just wish I could get a heads up when everyone was doing it so I could avoid the crappy opposing fans in my section. I'd rather watch the game on my hi-def big screen and not have to drive out to Glendale and waste my day getting abused by opposing fans in my teams' stadium than come on out and have to deal with the ********.

I usually just laugh at them. I honestly love the fact that there are fans of opposing teams at the stadium. It would be boring as hell if everyone was a Cards fan. Fortunately that will never happen. I really don't like many of these so called Cardinal fans at the stadium anyways. They are usually pretty dumb on all things Cardinals related.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
We obviously do not sit in the same section.

Most of the ones in my section (very few) were tame. Those tailgating or walking thru the concourse weren't as loudly obnoxious as Cowboy fans, for example.

Hey, I shelled out $512 for those playoff tickets instead of using it for the dental work I need. Better be worth it!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Most of the ones in my section (very few) were tame. Those tailgating or walking thru the concourse weren't as loudly obnoxious as Cowboy fans, for example.

Hey, I shelled out $512 for those playoff tickets instead of using it for the dental work I need. Better be worth it!

I heart your fan loyalty but I'm afraid you're going to be pissed.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Everyone needs to remember that thousands of tickets are in the hands of "scalpers" and business associates of the Car*inals. That's why there were so many empty seats at the Rams game.

I doubt you could give away tix to Rams fans to watch them play the Car*s.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earned the right to call myself a Cards fan today

I had to go to the bathroom 1/2 way through the 4th...at the end of the row in front of me were 3 Vikes fans...They stopped me on my way out & asked me (very politely) if I would take their picture. Keep in mind, I absolutely HATE confrontation--avoid it at all costs--and generally try to be polite. I just looked at them for a second or two, thought about it, and told them No.

They were stunned. I walked away, and when I came back I explained that I wasn't trying to be a 'witch' but this is OUR house, and I would not help them celebrate in our house.

It was hard for me to do that, but damn it felt good.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to go to the bathroom 1/2 way through the 4th...at the end of the row in front of me were 3 Vikes fans...They stopped me on my way out & asked me (very politely) if I would take their picture. Keep in mind, I absolutely HATE confrontation--avoid it at all costs--and generally try to be polite. I just looked at them for a second or two, thought about it, and told them No.

They were stunned. I walked away, and when I came back I explained that I wasn't trying to be a 'witch' but this is OUR house, and I would not help them celebrate in our house.

It was hard for me to do that, but damn it felt good.

IM willing to bet that they would have wanted that picture even if they were on the losing end. Memories are memories just the same IMO. Shoulda took it. ;)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IM willing to bet that they would have wanted that picture even if they were on the losing end. Memories are memories just the same IMO. Shoulda took it. ;)
Nope, and I won't in the future, either.

OUR house. You weren't there, Shane. It was awful. It was the most embarrassing thing I've ever been a part of. It's not there wasn't a crapload of Vikes fans around them they could have asked.

I will say, I did not think any of their fans were obnoxious, really. Not compared to other teams' fans.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, and I won't in the future, either.

OUR house. You weren't there, Shane. It was awful. It was the most embarrassing thing I've ever been a part of. It's not there wasn't a crapload of Vikes fans around them they could have asked.

I will say, I did not think any of their fans were obnoxious, really. Not compared to other teams' fans.

Thats arizona and will always be arizona. You and dreamcast are one of the ones that have said outright you WOULD sell your tickets for the right price.

Now you are going to penalize other classy fans just because they wanted to come and see a game and root for their team? Honestly Linder seems kind of like the 5 year old off in the corner who doesnt get there way and pouts about it.

Dont blame them. Blame whomever gave up their seat. They are enjoying a moment and were gracious enough to ask you probably because you look like a nice person(and they are right) then you dissed them. :nono:

How many time have we(people on the board) talked about making trips to other peoples stadiums to see games? Its the NFL and thats just what happens. Sometimes worse than others.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me where I've said I'd sell my tix. I've said I've thought about it, but then decided I couldn't stand the thought of an opposing team's fan in my seat. We really, really, could use the money right now, and I even briefly considered selling our seats & buying cheap seats so I could still go to the game--but I couldn't even do that. No one but me (or a guaranteed Cards' fan) will ever sit in my seat. Just because DCR said it, doesn't mean I said it. I don't think it makes him less of a fan, but I just can't do it.

I don't blame them, and I went back & explained that I just could not help them celebrate in our home.

YOUR mentality it what makes AZ, AZ. I don't want our home to be a hospitable place for the opposing team's fans. I don't want them thinking that they can come & make OUR HOUSE, THEIR HOUSE. I wasn't rude, but I don't have to go out of my way to be nice. I didn't diss them; they were cool about it when I explained.

You want to say that it makes me childish, fine. Doesn't bother me.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me where I've said I'd sell my tix. I've said I've thought about it, but then decided I couldn't stand the thought of an opposing team's fan in my seat. We really, really, could use the money right now, and I even briefly considered selling our seats & buying cheap seats so I could still go to the game--but I couldn't even do that. No one but me (or a guaranteed Cards' fan) will ever sit in my seat.

I don't blame them, and I went back & explained that I just could not help them celebrate in our home.

YOUR mentality it what makes AZ, AZ. I don't want our home to be a hospitable place for the opposing team's fans. I don't want them thinking that they can come & make OUR HOUSE, THEIR HOUSE. I wasn't rude, but I don't have to go out of my way to be nice. I didn't diss them; they were cool about it when I explained.

You want to say that it makes me childish, fine. Doesn't bother me.

I know for a fact dreamcast has said it. SO if you didnt then I apologize but I could see you two fighting over that one :) Money talks.

Could you explain to me how taking a picture is a celebration in your eyes?

Say you were in Canada (Niagara Falls) with Nick and had nobody to ever take a picture of you would you ask Canadian citizens walking around to do it for you? Or would you both just be alone in all of your pics?

Because I would take someones picture is why AZ is the way it is? Interesting train of thought. I'll have to think about that one for a bit.

Most certainly it makes you childish(in the moment IMHO). Would you have taken the picture if the score were reversed?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact dreamcast has said it. SO if you didnt then I apologize but I could see you two fighting over that one :) Money talks.

Could you explain to me how taking a picture is a celebration in your eyes?

Say you were in Canada (Niagara Falls) with Nick and had nobody to ever take a picture of you would you ask Canadian citizens walking around to do it for you? Or would you both just be alone in all of your pics?

Because I would take someones picture is why AZ is the way it is? Interesting train of thought. I'll have to think about that one for a bit.

Most certainly it makes you childish(in the moment IMHO). Would you have taken the picture if the score were reversed?
There's no competition in Niagra Falls; there's no "home field advantage" so it's not a valid comparison.

I know dcr has said it, too. I just don't agree with him on it. Fortunately, it's never been an issue. Also, for the record, he has said he would have to be OFFERED an obscene amount of money...he never said he would voluntarily put them up for sale to the highest bidder.

Because you are willing to make our house friendly for the opposing team is why AZ is the way it is. NO ONE wants to go into the Packers' house. NO ONE wants to go into the Steelers' house. NO ONE wants to go into the Cowboys' house. Why? Because they know they'll be miserable there. It's their home, and they don't take kindly to people "invading" their home. I'm not saying to be an a-hole; I'm just not going to go out of my way to make it a comfy, homey place for them. I NEVER want to see an opposing team's fan COMFORTABLE in our house. If they enter, then I want them to know they need to sit, be respectful & keep their yaps shut.

This game was quite simply a Vikings home game. I felt out of place there. I will have no part in making that (an opposing team have "home field" advantage) happen again. I'll hold my head high.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answer my questions avoider!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answer my questions avoider!
Sorry, got into a lather & forgot about the one question.

I don't know if I'd take their picture if we were kicking their butts. Given the amount of Vikes fans in our home...it's a toss up. I might have been on a good enough "high" that we were going to win, that I might have. I also might have still been JUST as pissed off that there were so many of them there. I really don't know.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, got into a lather & forgot about the one question.

I don't know if I'd take their picture if we were kicking their butts. Given the amount of Vikes fans in our home...it's a toss up. I might have been on a good enough "high" that we were going to win, that I might have. I also might have still been JUST as pissed off that there were so many of them there. I really don't know.

Thx. And this: Could you explain to me how taking a picture is a celebration in your eyes?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx. And this: Could you explain to me how taking a picture is a celebration in your eyes?
You'd have had to see them when they asked. They were clearly celebrating the impending victory.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Viking fan asked me for directions to the airport after the game, so I shot him.

I didn't want to do it, but I felt I owed it to him.

JTS

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What will stop this?

One thing stops this, it's all fun to go watch your team win but if you shell out a cool 500to 1k and watch your team take an ass beating and feel unsafe as you're watching the ass beating then you are less likely to do it again.

So here's a tip, if the Cardinals ever show up in such a game, get right on the line of getting tossed, agitate, embarrass them, make them weep at their stupidity and audacity to come into your house with those colors, make them rue the day they decided this was going to be fun.

The ones that sold their tickets should have to watch their team beat the ass of the other team and when they get back then you give them more hell than you gave the other teams fans, no tailgating, no sharing food or laughing or crackign jokes just steely you suck buddy stares.

Spill a beverage on their seat, ooops who did that?

Grow a pair of fan balls.
not everyone can be like that in all aspects....it has nothing to do with balls. more to do with personality. this sport has widely become one of the biggest financial institutions in america as far as product. in a time of recession....or better yet inflation......the nfl is not losing out. and one thing I've notice in my short time here is that there are a lot of non cardinal fans in the valley. there is a high demand for cardinals tickets amongst non-cardinal fans. obviously there are a fair share of season ticket holders that know this and they profit from it. so this can't always be blamed on fans selling out their home team. I went to khols last night and cardinals apparel was was not even as available as apparal from other NFL teams. I've noticed the same thing with NCAA schools. obviously this area was the fastest growing major market of this decade for quite sometime. and I've seen a similiar case in DFW over the years.

Last edited:

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
There was so much purple on TV that I thought we were playing at the Metrodome. Ok I'm exaggerating a little but I was tottally shocked.

And the broadcast spent much more time showing how many non Cardinal fans there were this week. I hate the way as a Cardinal fan that I am always having to make excuses for them.

I used to think this team was for real, but after watching our performance yesterday, it makes me wonder. Not sure we could beat anyone in the playoffs right now. We have two weeks left to right the ship, but would not be surprised if we ended up 8-8 and that means we have not made any progress over last year.