Vikings home game?

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
Yup. Lots of Vikes fans. Definitely the worst game this year.

That pissed me off something fierce! Where the hell do you think you are? Oops. Sorry. Can see how you would be confused since half the freaking stadium was rooting for you.

Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. I don't think I have ever been this pissed off after a game, at least not this year.

:bang:

I agree with you on this one, and to make it worse all the Card fans in my section were bailing by the mid-fourth quarter which only exacerbated my hostility.:mulli:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats arizona and will always be arizona. You and dreamcast are one of the ones that have said outright you WOULD sell your tickets for the right price.

Now you are going to penalize other classy fans just because they wanted to come and see a game and root for their team? Honestly Linder seems kind of like the 5 year old off in the corner who doesnt get there way and pouts about it.

Dont blame them. Blame whomever gave up their seat. They are enjoying a moment and were gracious enough to ask you probably because you look like a nice person(and they are right) then you dissed them. :nono:

How many time have we(people on the board) talked about making trips to other peoples stadiums to see games? Its the NFL and thats just what happens. Sometimes worse than others.

You are ruining this thread for me. Go wait in the car.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa. Emotions are running high. No need to turn on each other. Our team laid an egg. A rotten stillborn one.

As long as I can remember, clif is right about the Vikings fans here. Even back in SDS, they were second in number only to Cowscum fans and only slightly better behaved.

The turnout did not surprise me. In my section, everybody was civil except one drunk Cards fan who got belligerent and his buddy quickly interceded and got him under control.

Linderbee, I've got to side with Shane here. I share your passion and emotion but being rude to well-behaved visiting fans is something we dislike when done to us elsewhere. When you calm down, you might come to agree. At least, I hope so.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Linderbee, I've got to side with Shane here. I share your passion and emotion but being rude to well-behaved visiting fans is something we dislike when done to us elsewhere. When you calm down, you might come to agree. At least, I hope so.

Exactly. If we are going to turn into gang members or English soccer hooligans, I'm getting off the ride. Luckily I feel like we are a long way from anything like that. Even after a weekend as wretched as this one was.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. If we are going to turn into gang members or English soccer hooligans, I'm getting off the ride. Luckily I feel like we are a long way from anything like that. Even after a weekend as wretched as this one was.

Over the years I have witnessed some Cardinals fans behaving poorly. But, way more often, it's the visitors who are the jerks.

Something a little surprising happened in my section. There was a group of 6 Vikings fans in the row in front of me. They were pounding down beers and being pretty obnoxious. After the first TD, they started taunting. A guy I've seen at games for over a decade, about four rows further down, tells them to "Shut the _______ up. You are in the WRONG section for that _________. Go over there if you want to be *jerks*." There were a couple of yells back and forth, and I thought, "This could be a fight." But, much to my surprise, the Vikings fans actually SHUT UP and behaved the rest of the game.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
What will stop this?

One thing stops this, it's all fun to go watch your team win but if you shell out a cool 500to 1k and watch your team take an ass beating and feel unsafe as you're watching the ass beating then you are less likely to do it again.

So here's a tip, if the Cardinals ever show up in such a game, get right on the line of getting tossed, agitate, embarrass them, make them weep at their stupidity and audacity to come into your house with those colors, make them rue the day they decided this was going to be fun.

The ones that sold their tickets should have to watch their team beat the ass of the other team and when they get back then you give them more hell than you gave the other teams fans, no tailgating, no sharing food or laughing or crackign jokes just steely you suck buddy stares.

Spill a beverage on their seat, ooops who did that?

Grow a pair of fan balls.

These are Arizonans man, the land of the laid back, leave at halftime if we're dominating, instead of shouting, "Step on their THROATS, FINISH THEM OFF!"

That is what I wish our fans were more like, but I guess since we just got our team in 88, and the product has been ass for so long, we just don't know how to be that way. It's the same for the Suns too, Arizonans are just to laid back "on avg." to grow fan balls IMHO.

If someone disagrees, prove me wrong by doing something, I respect the loud mouth, more than the wuss in the back afraid to stand up for his own city/team/stadium/section etc.

That guy in AJs section ROCK ON! Just this mans opinion.

And I thought the Broncos would be #2 on the list, it was horrible last time I went to the Bronco game, embarassed me as a fan to be honest, so I know what some of these guys are saying, and agree.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my extra two tickets for a nice profit. Glad I got something out of that stinker of a game!

:bang:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thx. And this: Could you explain to me how taking a picture is a celebration in your eyes?

Shane, I agree with Linderbee. It's just the audacity of asking. Whether they were being overt or not they were disrespecting her on her own turf. If I was visiting RFK or Soldier Field, (hell even the Linc) I'd NEVER ask an opposing fan to take our picture, lest I get a beer dumped on me or my camera "accidently" dropped over the railing. I'd find a Cards fan and ask. Granted it's an innocent gesture in all reality, but football is war man. They have to respect that. Now I'm not saying I'm uncivil enough to wish an opposing fan a good game or even share a beer with them before the game, but right afterwards? I'm not trying to hear it.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For the record, in no way was I rude about it. I simply declined, and explained my reasons (upon returning from the bathroom) for doing so. They were polite; so was I. I just said no. They were cool about it.

Shane, I agree with Linderbee. It's just the audacity of asking. Whether they were being overt or not they were disrespecting her on her own turf. If I was visiting RFK or Soldier Field, (hell even the Linc) I'd NEVER ask an opposing fan to take our picture, lest I get a beer dumped on me or my camera "accidently" dropped over the railing. I'd find a Cards fan and ask. Granted it's an innocent gesture in all reality, but football is war man. They have to respect that. Now I'm not saying I'm uncivil enough to wish an opposing fan a good game or even share a beer with them before the game, but right afterwards? I'm not trying to hear it.
Thank you.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have to side with Linderbee on this as well.

I remember how visiting fans came to SDS fully expecting to be harassed and being surprised when they weren't.

Best line ever was Mrs.Derm yelling at some Detroit fans: "your team is worse than ours"