Vince Young = Randall Cunningham?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Considering the way many major universities coddle their student athletes through college and make it as easy as possible on them. It would be hard to see any relevance to his "academic honor roll" especially in light of him doing extremely poorly in his interviews with NFL team as far as knowledge and terminology goes. Throw in his Wonderlich and it makes you go Hmmm..

You don't know very much about academics at Texas do you? Romance Taylor one of UT's top offensive players has been dismissed from the team for Spring practice for academic reasons. Coddled him right off the field and into study hall.

As for Vince this guy has the right take imo:

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/503681.html

Hard to believe people wouldn't want a 6'5" 230lb guy who runs like a deer and stepped up in every big game he played against the best competition in college football.

Obviously the same people who thought the Cards QB problems were solved when Plummer left and Arizona signed Jeff Blake.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vince Young has way to many warts for my liking.
He probably got the warts from playing TCU (i.e. the horned frogs).

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Major differences between Vince Young and Randall Cunningham:

1. Cunningham had a big slow release windup. Young is a wrist flicker & gets the ball off a lot faster.

2. Cunningham came out of a smaller football environment at UNLV and needed considerable polishing to acclimate himself to the NFL. Young took a very advanced Longhorn football program all the way to a national championship and, while a long way from being a finished product, is a lot further along than Cunningham was.

of course jeff. we don't need frank ryan or charlie johnson at this juncture...for those of you who don't know those two...google them and then pick up one of their thesis' (i think that's the plural!!)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Cards 2007 Vince Young playbook.

Play #1 Throw it to Q
Play #2 Throw it to Fitz
Play #3 Hand it to Edge
Play #4 Throw it to Vernon
Play #5 Run toward their end zone

Cards 2007 Record 13-3

How do you expect us to draft Young, yet also draft Vernon Davis? Neither will be available in R2.

Oops....

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
How do you expect us to draft Young, yet also draft Vernon Davis? Neither will be available in R2.

Oops....

As I said. Young drops to the Cards in Round 2. Remember he is free falling. Cards would have passed on him in round 2 but Tom Petty called Graves and convinced him to take Young.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
As I said. Young drops to the Cards in Round 2. Remember he is free falling. Cards would have passed on him in round 2 but Tom Petty called Graves and convinced him to take Young.

If this happens, I will buy you your first beer at the first homegame...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Shane H said:
:lmao:

Yea because what Graves says is reliable. You mean like they wouldnt spend on a big name FA?

I don't know Shane weren't you one of the people melting down when Graves said we wouldn't go after any big name FA'S? Can't have both sides of a debate.