Vinnie Iyer - SportingNews Week 2 primer

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=weekprimerforentertainme&prov=tsn&type=lgns

GAME OF THE WEEK

Arizona at Seattle. Everyone suddenly loves the Cards. Must be the new stadium, new uniforms, new superstar receivers and new feature back to go with that old MVP quarterback, Kurt Warner. I agree, their offense looks exciting, and it will put up some big point totals this season. The problem: Their defense also will give up some big point totals this season.

Seattle's offense experienced an unfamiliar shutdown in Detroit, but Matt Hasselbeck still was able to put together a good passing day. With the additions of Deion Branch and Nate Burelson, Mike Holmgren gets his wish and can spread the ball around downfield, but there should be the slight concern that the Seahawks might be fiddling around too much, considering they have a league MVP in their backfield.

That won't be a concern this week, as Hasselbeck, my sleeper MVP candidate, torches a Cardinals secondary that helped fast-forward the development of Alex Smith last week. And just for kicks, they'll hand off to Shaun Alexander sometimes, too.

The Seahawks wouldn't have gone to the Super Bowl without their defense playing at a high level, and now their secondary and linebacker corps are both deeper and have more playmakers to add to the pass rush, which was the league's top from 2005.

Edgerrin James, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are all too talented to all be contained, which will keep the Cards in the game early. But as with the mark of any Super Bowl-caliber team, the 'Hawks become the hungriest of ballhawks in the second half, which is when they'll pull away in their home opener. Seahawks 31, Cardinals 17.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
everyone has the right to their opinion. i feel the cardinals are going to get better as they go along. the cardinals offense proved one thing last sunday. they proved that they can answer points and put a drive together when it counts. therefore the score is going to be a lot closer than what is predicted by this vinnie guy. i have feeling it going to be a shoot out. the last team with the ball is going to win this one.

i am going with the score of

Cardinals 38
Seattle 35

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
If Watson plays that should plug up the middle, if Dansby plays, that should help some too.

I just think this might be the game we all look back on and say that our team grew up into a real team this game.

This is a game we always could count on losing, suprise me, win it.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
Awfully high score in an NFL where only one team scored more than 30 last week.

I forget, who was that team again? :D

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
Awfully high score in an NFL where only one team scored more than 30 last week.

teams like the seahawks have something to prove after an embrassing game like they had againist the lions. you better believe that the seahawks offense are going to be coming out wanting to make the cardinals their whooping boy. that is what great teams do.

i hope the cardinals defense can answer with a better performance than last sunday.

rock star coming on gota go.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
As a Cardinal fan, it hurts to say it, but I think Vinny is right.

For the Cards to win, they will need to win the turnover battle by a margin of 2

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
teams like the seahawks have something to prove after an embrassing game like they had againist the lions.

the cards DD#### got embaressed too.

Reaction score
en fuego said:
As a Cardinal fan, it hurts to say it, but I think Vinny is right.

For the Cards to win, they will need to win the turnover battle by a margin of 2
I think this will be key for the Cardinals specifically in this weeks gave vs. Seattle, but also all season. Last year the Cardinals were -11 in turnovers for the season. By comparison, Seattle was +10.
It is critical that the Cardinals defense force turnovers. Just as critical, the offense must limit them.

Statistically speaking turnovers are one of the most defining and clear indicators of a teams eventual won-loss record. Teams that win in the turnover battle win games...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05