Warner/Bartelstein: NEW OFFER TO CARDS!! (reasonable)

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So why did he keep falling over trying to hand teh ball off because he kept tripping over his C? Remember even ex NFL Qb's like Aikman and Boomer both said on air the problem was Warner, not Sendlein, that Warner was taking too long pulling out from C because he is too used to the shotgun.

IF the reports are true, the Cards should tell Warner since you lied to us about SF's actual offer, we're going back to our prior offer. I know that would never happen but I wish it would. Just once I'd like to see a player screw himself over by playing hardball, it's been awhile, the last time I recall it happening with the Cards was Jamir Miller.

"IF the reports are true" Have fun fighting for last place in the NFC west it seems to be what some of you want. Back to the same old Cardinals. How soon some forget.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, have you ever played football, qb? Do you know much about the mechanics of qb, footwork? From start to finish, Warner's mechanics are impeccable, including his footwork. Part of the reason they go shotgun a lot is b/c it gives Warner that split second more to wait & read while the route develops, much the same for other teams that use the shotgun. We have a good o-line not a great one. Every split second counts. That would be the same for Matt, probably more for Matt actually, cause he can't read as fast.

Warner's footwork under center is horrible. Name me one time in his entire career when he has been successful in a standard offense. He came in to the league with Green Bay and Mike Holmgren's west coast offense. He got cut before the season began. He played in the Arena League which is pretty much passing drills full time. He broke back in to the NFL with the Rams playing in Martz's wide open offense in which he was in the shotgun and throwing all the time so it didn't matter about his horrible mechanics under center. From there he went to New York and lasted half a season trying to play in a regular offense. He didn't do well here at all until Whis started compromising for Warner. Remember, Kurt has had 1 winning season in 5 years here.

Go back and watch the games from this year. When Kurt is under center if it's a run play his feet are even and on pass plays (except for play-action because he's going through a hand off motion) his left foot is way back. All the defense has to do is look at his feet and they know what's coming. How are we supposed to run the ball well when the defense knows what we're about to do?

Give me one example of a time when Kurt played well under center for any extended period of time. Just one example.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
So why did he keep falling over trying to hand teh ball off because he kept tripping over his C? Remember even ex NFL Qb's like Aikman and Boomer both said on air the problem was Warner, not Sendlein, that Warner was taking too long pulling out from C because he is too used to the shotgun.

IF the reports are true, the Cards should tell Warner since you lied to us about SF's actual offer, we're going back to our prior offer. I know that would never happen but I wish it would. Just once I'd like to see a player screw himself over by playing hardball, it's been awhile, the last time I recall it happening with the Cards was Jamir Miller.

I know we've been stressed, Russ, but it's time for both sides to come to an accord...something that works for both the Cardinals and Warner.

Throwing egg in Warner's face now won't help the cause. To hear that his heart is still in Arizona is good enough for me. The good will is there right now...he and Bartelstein have backed off their $29M figure. It's a start.

kjbad

Reaction score
Wake me when a deal gets done...nice to see that the 49ers don't mind entertaining Warner for a day, but much ado about nothing.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont care whats fair anymore. Just get something done one way or another so we can move the frack on and start talking about something else.

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warner's footwork under center is horrible. Name me one time in his entire career when he has been successful in a standard offense. He came in to the league with Green Bay and Mike Holmgren's west coast offense. He got cut before the season began. He played in the Arena League which is pretty much passing drills full time. He broke back in to the NFL with the Rams playing in Martz's wide open offense in which he was in the shotgun and throwing all the time so it didn't matter about his horrible mechanics under center. From there he went to New York and lasted half a season trying to play in a regular offense. He didn't do well here at all until Whis started compromising for Warner. Remember, Kurt has had 1 winning season in 5 years here.

Go back and watch the games from this year. When Kurt is under center if it's a run play his feet are even and on pass plays (except for play-action because he's going through a hand off motion) his left foot is way back. All the defense has to do is look at his feet and they know what's coming. How are we supposed to run the ball well when the defense knows what we're about to do?

Give me one example of a time when Kurt played well under center for any extended period of time. Just one example.

And this team is built for the Run???????????? This a pass first second and third team sounds like Kurt is the man for the Cardinals unless you know something most don't. Like we got a new O line and AP is coming to town.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Only the Cardinals can make such a drama out of this.

Present an offer and stick to it, be prepared for him to walk if it's too high or not to your liking.

We have a starter on the bench, it's idiotic for this to be this hard.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
I dont care whats fair anymore. Just get something done one way or another so we can move the frack on and start talking about something else.
:yeahthat:

I want Warner back, but would be content with Leinart going forward. But just stop this **** already and let's go. I wanna talk draft again.... :D

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wake me when a deal gets done...nice to see that the 49ers don't mind entertaining Warner for a day, but much ado about nothing.

Every day that goes by without a deal, or some viable offer from another team, lowers the price the Cards have to pay.

You could be in for a very long nap. :)

JTS

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"IF the reports are true" Have fun fighting for last place in the NFC west it seems to be what some of you want. Back to the same old Cardinals. How soon some forget.

The Cardinals didn't go to the Superbowl solely because of Warner, the Cards made it because they've drafted well over the last 5 years. We've had high draft picks and finally have something to show for it.

Drafted players over the last few years:
Fitz: set playoff records and is considered by many to be the best WR in the game today
Boldin: 2nd in league in receiving TDs this year in only 12 games
Breaston: good return man, 1000 yards receiving this year
Hightower: 10 rushing TDs as a rookie
4/5 of our OL were drafted and the unit did a good job protecting Warner all year
Dockett: good pass rusher, tied Superbowl record for single game sacks
Smith: forced some turnovers in the playoffs and another team offered him a big contract to go play there
Dansby: playmaking LB who would be getting big offers from other teams if we didn't franchise him
Hayes: productive MLB
DRC: looks like one of the next great corners.
Rolle: momentum changing TD in Falcons game. capable of taking the ball back for 6 any time he's near it
Wilson: one of the best in the league. Probowler who can change a game in a variety of ways

THAT is why the Cardinals have become a playoff team and will stay one for the near future.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Going into last season there were many brilliant prognosticators who selected the Cards to finish 4th. Many lauded the re-building in SF and St-Louis, not to forget those perennial winners in Seattle.

When the Cards were going through their mid-season doldrums, the same group said that the Cards were certainly one-and-done in the playoffs. And in the playoffs, before each game, a vast majority were there to give all the reasons why this was the day the Cards would lose.

So, "have fun" telling all where the Cards will finish next season if Kurt is not under centre. I'll wait for the games to be played, thank you.

(right foot too far forward causing the centre to step back on it).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We agree more than we disagree. There's a reason why Warner had to be in shotgun. We couldn't manage to not trip over Seidlein's foot less than once a game. He also has poor footwork. Unless if starts off in a throwing position, and not doing a 5/7 step drop, his accuracy has been suffering recently.

I agree with Leinart and the playaction. Just because Warner was in the shotgun 65% of the time, doesn't mean that we would expect Leinart to. The playaction sets up the deep ball, and I have no doubts that Leinart can throw the ball 45-50 yards in the air.

Kurt has "poor" footwork?? Wow.... :shock:

zuchini

Rookie
Reaction score
One has 3 1000 yard receivers, the other one has???

Or the one that has 3 1000 yard receiver was the one throwing the ball to them for every single yard of those 3000 plus.

Minus a hundy or so in the NE game. Sound about right?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It's true. Great arm, crappy feet. Just because he does a few things great doesn't mean he does everything great.

I can assure you Kurt has not reached the top levels at his position with "poor" footwork. Quite the converse actually. He has very good footwork, is able to move in the pocket to create time.
He's pathetically slow for sure. But that should not be confused for poor footwork.
A HOF QB who was one of the best running QB's to ever play the game, told me not too long ago that Kurt's footwork and pocket presence is as much a key to his game as any other attribute Kurt possesses.... ;)

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
It's true. Great arm, crappy feet. Just because he does a few things great doesn't mean he does everything great.
I do have to admit. Crappy feet or not, he get's the job done. Lots and lots of talented guys with all the tools that disappear after two, three years never to be heard of again.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Those radio guys were just saying the during the summer, Warner and Graves had a conversation where Graves said if Kurt took them to the playoffs and/or SuperBowl, they would not have a problem paying him in the top 5 range for QB's.

Now Graves says "things have changed."

Wow. :bang:

kjbad

Reaction score
Those radio guys were just saying the during the summer, Warner and Graves had a conversation where Graves said if Kurt took them to the playoffs and/or SuperBowl, they would not have a problem paying him in the top 5 range for QB's.

The only thing that's changed is Hot Rod's tie. He never intends to pay players top $$$, just ask Fitzgerald and Boldin. We'll see if they put a decent offer on the table to Wilson.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think it's great news that Warner returned from SF and so quickly admitted that his heart is in Arizona. Plus, he truly is putting his mouth where his money is by offering $2M to Q's cause.

Warner deserves a good contract...and his demands have come down significantly. It's a great step in the right direction.

Cards232

Registered
Reaction score

Sounds eerily reminiscent & similar what Boldin has been saying. Is there a common theme here?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The only thing that's changed is Hot Rod's tie. He never intends to pay players top $$$, just ask Fitzgerald and Boldin. We'll see if they put a decent offer on the table to Wilson.
i agree 100%. Watch,if they sign Warner, Wilson will probably be told that there's no money left for him.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05