Warriors at Suns 2/6

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
The Phoenix Suns suffered through one of their worst defensive games of the season against Stephen Jackson and the Golden State Warriors this week. They hope a return to the US Airways Center will help them put that performance behind them as they try to end a three-week slump.

The Suns look to win their seventh straight home game against the Warriors on Friday when the teams conclude a home-and-home series.Phoenix (26-21) has been struggling since mid-January, and a meeting with the league's second-highest scoring team Wednesday did not help. The Warriors (16-34) scored 43 points in the first quarter and Jackson recorded his first career triple-double as Golden State beat the Suns 124-112 at Oracle Arena.

The loss was the eighth in 12 games for the Suns, who had held four of their previous six opponents below 100 points and gave up 81 to Sacramento two nights earlier. The 124 points allowed matched their season high."We just never really recovered from that first quarter," said Suns coach Terry Porter, whose team is battling Utah for the eighth spot in the Western Conference. "They just came out gave us a TKO punch. ... It concerns me, the level that we're playing at right now. We've got to get back to playing consistent basketball every night."

The Suns are trying to become more dominant at the US Airways Center, where they're 13-10 this season. Phoenix, though, has had little trouble against the Warriors at home, winning six straight and 42 of the last 47 meetings there.The Suns' six consecutive home victories in the series have come by an average of 11.5 points, and Golden State hasn't won in Phoenix on March 18, 2005. Forward Amare Stoudemire, who struggled defensively and had just 13 points versus the Warriors on Wednesday, averaged 32.0 points and 8.5 rebounds in the two home wins against them last season.

Phoenix's home winning streak against Golden State could be in jeopardy, however, if the Suns can't find a way to contain Jackson, who finished with 30 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists Wednesday.Jackson, averaging 24.3 points in his last six games against the Suns, came into Wednesday's contest off a season-high 33-point performance in a 110-105 overtime loss to San Antonio on Monday. He was 12-of-22 from the field and hit four of his eight 3-point attempts versus Phoenix."It shows signs of us growing and having confidence in each other," Jackson said. "It was fun to watch us play like that. We shared the ball probably the best we've shared it all year. That's what we've been looking for all season, and it's good to know we found it in time for us to make a run for the playoffs."The Warriors, 5-22 on the road, are in 11th place in the Western Conference. They've been held to 93 points or less in their last three road games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=290206021

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sigh just try not to get blown out tonight suns... Man I imagine its hard for the suns to get up for games when half of the roster wants off of the team :(.

Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a 40/15 game where Amare doesnt worry about getting others involved or forcing things. Just straight up ball-hogging selfish play that leads us to the win.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a 40/15 game where Amare doesnt worry about getting others involved or forcing things. Just straight up ball-hogging selfish play that leads us to the win.

I would be happy if Amare just shows up. Hell, I will take 20/12 from him. If he even plays halfway decent defense I will be happy.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's kind of funny the suns even have two players in the all star game wow......

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Amare not forcing things? Do you even watch him play? All he does is force things! It's the only thing he knows how to do! Oh, and yelling "and one" like an idiot every time he puts a shot up.

Amare Stoudemire is quite possibly the most disappointing Suns player in history. That's saying a lot.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amare not forcing things? Do you even watch him play? All he does is force things! It's the only thing he knows how to do! Oh, and yelling "and one" like an idiot every time he puts a shot up.

Amare Stoudemire is quite possibly the most disappointing Suns player in history. That's saying a lot.
Oh God please make it stop!
Most dissappointing? Nah.....Kenny Battle:p
In all seriousnesss though, i would still have to put Richard Dumas at #1 in that category.

Reaction score

Amare has made better decisions this year than in years past. He will drive in order to pass it this year and actually looks to avoid contact at times. Most of the turnovers have been off passes that he has had trouble handing and holding after he gets it or just flat out getting it stolen standing there.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score

what are you? a ******** balerina?

and the bolded is just dumb.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The suns will play zone against the warriors tonight and go underneath every screen on the defensive end...which lead to a warriors win.:|

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh...Shaq picks up his 2nd foul about 1 minute into the game.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice start by the Suns...up 11-2 in the 3 minutes of the game.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
there we go....

btw amare needs to stop saying and one...especially when he doesnt make the shot.lol

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Showing signs of life despite 2 fouls on Shaq and it being against the Warriors.