Warriors @ Suns - 7PM MY45

NDSunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
phoenix, houston and utah are all tied, spurs are a game up on them, new orleans a half game up on spurs and lakers 1/2 game up on hornets......

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the highest we can get is the 5, right? with no homecourt? against the Rockets? Is that right? If SA loses, we win and the Rockets win, that puts Utah at the 3, Houston at 4 and us at 5, correct? Assuming we win on Wednesday which is no given.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it's simple. if suns win, houston wins, and utah beats s.a. we get houston in a 4/5 matchup.

So we are big utah fans now.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
that can't be. what about Houston? They have the tie-breaker over us don't they? And they've got the Clippers up next right? They ain't gonna lose that.
Yeah but SA has the tiebreaker over Houston so I believe SA gets higher seeding because they're in the same division. And since we'll have the tiebreaker vs SA we win by default ^^

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that can't be. what about Houston? They have the tie-breaker over us don't they? And they've got the Clippers up next right? They ain't gonna lose that.

I think you are right, cheese. The suns can move up to 5 still though? But the Jazz have the tiebreak there as well so it would be Jazz at home?

I have had too many sangrias to process the West right now.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
I've got to admit, these have been the most confusing seedings ever.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Crap...Stupid W's... This truly has been the season of missed opportunities for this team. They are going to wind up the Best team in the History of the NBA not to make the playoffs.

They really are the Cardinals of Basketball.

What it boils down to is this, in the final 6 weeks of the season they were around 1-9 vs. the teams that finished ahead of them in the playoff race. You are never going to get it done that way. What a freakin' dissapointment.

The think that pisses me off the most, is now I have to listen to that blowhard Charles Barkely say how right he was about the Warriors.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually if the case I point out above happens, it's a 4 way tie and suns are 4, houston 5. Not that it matters, if we can't beat houston without hca we suck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but SA has the tiebreaker over Houston so I believe SA gets higher seeding because they're in the same division. And since we'll have the tiebreaker vs SA we win by default ^^

is that right? so we can get the 4 seed? against SA as the 5? is that right? Because if Utah wins, they get the 3 at that point... right? i'm REALLY confused.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
all we need is for the jazz to beat san antonio (who will not have ginobili in that game) and we get the 3 seed. we would play san antonio in the first round, where we would have H.C.A. That is, of course, assuming we beat portland.

Last edited:

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
NO, THE SPURS CLEARLY FOULED SACRAMENTO ON THAT FIRST 3 ATTEMPT but as usual they got away with it..

Typical.. Typical.. :mad:

I saw that, absolutely UNBELIEVABLE how they could not call a foul there. Udoka just bitch slapped Garcia across the arm. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Amare is what he is, complain about him (although I noticed on several of Nash's boards Amare was pinning Biedrins with a boxout twenty feet away from the hoop. Just because he didn't get the rebound doesn't mean he wasn't the reason our team ended up with it), but he WAS our offense for about 5 minutes straight there and the reason we went on that huge run and ended up winning when nobody else could throw it in the ocean. It's like complaining about Nash's late game TO's.. we do it, but he is what he is.

We should be going to him so much more than we are to offset the fact that he's not Tim Duncan on defense. 12 shots? WTF? Bell 13 shots, Barbosa 16 shots? That's not acceptable as far as I'm concerned, especially against Golden State's midgets!

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damnit, if utah tanks they get houston. If they win they get s.a. in a 3/6 matchup, no incentive for them to win at all.

Basically we'll have s.a. in a 3/6 match up because we screwed ourselves last week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's simple. if suns win, houston wins, and utah beats s.a. we get houston in a 4/5 matchup.

So we are big utah fans now.

really? that's it? Man, without Ginobli on Wednesday and with the ability to get away from the Lakers for two rounds, I'd think the Jazz would be dying to win that game on Wednesday. you sure the above is correct? how the hell do we get Houston? Is it with or without HC?

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
is that right? so we can get the 4 seed? against SA as the 5? is that right? Because if Utah wins, they get the 3 at that point... right? i'm REALLY confused.
I think we get the 3 if Utah wins. We'll have Houston with HC.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that, absolutely UNBELIEVABLE how they could not call a foul there. Udoka just bitch slapped Garcia across the arm. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jeez guys, even the Kings homer announcers weren't so flabbergasted about that. They said "it could have been called, or it couldn't" or basically, eh, maybe.

And those guys are blatant, no-remorse homers for the Kings.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all we need is for the jazz to beat san antonio (who will not have ginobili in that game) and we get the 3 seed. we would play san antonio in the first round, where we would have H.C.A. That is, of course, assuming we beat portland.

that can't be right. if the Jazz win and we win, we both have the same record but they have the better Conference record and the tie-breaker against us in head to head. So how can we be the 3 and they're the 4?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
the Suns need to play better D to have a shot, they stink on defense and dont give me the field goal percentage crap again.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
really? that's it? Man, without Ginobli on Wednesday and with the ability to get away from the Lakers for two rounds, I'd think the Jazz would be dying to win that game on Wednesday. you sure the above is correct? how the hell do we get Houston? Is it with or without HC?

No we get houston as a 4, I believe we are second in the 4 way tiebreak. But utah is tanking on wed, then they get houston. We screwed ourselves royall friday. If we could've just grabbed a damn board...

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
that can't be right. if the Jazz win and we win, we both have the same record but they have the better Conference record and the tie-breaker against us in head to head. So how can we be the 3 and they're the 4?

tiebreak for 3 or 4 way ties is best record against other teams tied, us being 3-1 against s.a. makes us 2 in the 4 way. checkout a thread about the 16 matchups, the dude lays out all the scenarios.

OP
OP
H

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Damnit, if utah tanks they get houston. If they win they get s.a. in a 3/6 matchup, no incentive for them to win at all.

Basically we'll have s.a. in a 3/6 match up because we screwed ourselves last week.

I'd rather face SA in the first round than Utah. Jazz are a real scary matchup for the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No we get houston as a 4, I believe we are second in the 4 way tiebreak. But utah is tanking on wed, then they get houston. We screwed ourselves royall friday. If we could've just grabbed a damn board...

and honestly, it could be worse than that. what happens if SA wins and the Hornets lose, creating a 3 way tie for 55 win teams?

Man, that collapse against Dallas and just a no-show game against... eh, it doesn't matter. A championship team wins those games and doesn't put itself in this kind of position.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So because the suns embarassed themselves against hou on friday, they'll have to go @s.a, @n.o./dal, likely @la/@utah just to get to the finals.

Where they would likely face the best team in the league, boston. Call my crazy but I don't think the title drought ends this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05