Washington Commanders (not Raiders) hire Kliff as OC

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bieniemy story arc is interesting.

Last year was supposed to be his "emerge from the shadows" moment. Come in to an OC job, dazzle with his knock off KC offense, and ascend to eventual HC.

Instead, there were grumblings about his coaching style, Terry McLaurin had his worst year since his rookie season, and he got zero interest in this hiring round as either a HC or OC, despite teams surely suspecting he was on the out when Rivera was fired.

You have to expect he's going to crawl back into KC at some point as another failure.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The #Dolphins are hiring former #Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry as their linebackers coach/run game coordinator, per source.

There seems to be an old boys club in the NFL. Once you become a coach you seem to always have a job. OCs and DCs move from one team to anther regardless of their track record. Kingsbury is now the OC for the Washington Commanders. The fired Bears OC is now the OC for the Raiders. Its crazy!!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
The #Dolphins are hiring former #Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry as their linebackers coach/run game coordinator, per source.

There seems to be an old boys club in the NFL. Once you become a coach you seem to always have a job. OCs and DCs move from one team to anther regardless of their track record. Kingsbury is now the OC for the Washington Commanders. The fired Bears OC is now the OC for the Raiders. Its crazy!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bieniemy story arc is interesting.

Last year was supposed to be his "emerge from the shadows" moment. Come in to an OC job, dazzle with his knock off KC offense, and ascend to eventual HC.

Instead, there were grumblings about his coaching style, terry McLaurin had his worst year since his rookie season, and he got zero interest in the this hiring round as either a HC or OC, despite teams surely suspecting he was on the out when Rivera was fired.

You have to expect he's going to crawl back into KC at some point as another failure.
And, of course, like clockwork, we now have Stephen A. Smith banging his drum that Kliff getting a second chance in the NFL over other potential black coaches is racist. SMH.

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, I hope not. If Chicago trades down to 2 I feel like they’re picking MHJ and not Maye.
Unless they're looking at a double trade down. That's something I was hoping for the Cards at the start of the season. Get the #1 pick, trade it to either 2 or 3 so that they can get their guy and then fleece another QB hungry team.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
And, of course, like clockwork, we now have Stephen A. Smith banging his drum that Kliff getting a second chance in the NFL over other potential black coaches is racist. SMH.

Freddie Coleman was poking at that a little as well.

Raheem Morris just got hired this cycle

He went from DB coach HC, a pretty big jump at age 33. Had 1 year as a college DC. Year after he was fired from TB, he was back coaching DBs in Washington and started the climb back up.

Kliff had collegiate HC experience. Didn't work out at Tech, but a respected offensive mind and was lined up as the OC at USC. Didn't work out in AZ and the next year he was an offensive analyst and QB coach at USC. Now hired as an OC.

It's really not that crazy that he would be considered for offensive coaching positions. Like it wasn't crazy that Morris was considered for defensive coaching positions.

This is their area. Kliff hasn't failed as an offensive coach and some people are better in those roles.

The commanders were a bad offense last year. Bad on 3rd down, inefficient, very unbalanced towards the pass & McLaurin was a little bit worse than any of his previous 3 years.

Not sure I get the outage here

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Antonio Pierce - a guy who has a few years as a HS head coach, then was an LB coach at ASU, moving into a slew of titles related to assistant coach, co-DC, etc - but was very involved in their recruiting violations

1.5 years as a raiders lb coach, grabbed that interim title and is now the HC

This really isn't the cycle to sing the old familiar songs

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Well, I guess pick your poison. Pick an old boys club coach, or,
try something new and pick a new young college coach. :shrug:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Antonio Pierce - a guy who has a few years as a HS head coach, then was an LB coach at ASU, moving into a slew of titles related to assistant coach, co-DC, etc - but was very involved in their recruiting violations

1.5 years as a raiders lb coach, grabbed that interim title and is now the HC

This really isn't the cycle to sing the old familiar songs
Antonio Pierce has moved to the Kevin Garnet level of FTG.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can be an A Hole and still be right.

How is he right?

Raider hire Antonio Pierce. Panthers Canales. Patriots Jerod Mayo. Falcons Raheem Morris.

Falcons hired Jimmy Lake as DC. Ravens Zach Orr. Panthers Elija Eviro. Bears Eric Washington. Fins Anthony Weaver. Pats DeMarcus Covington.Titans Dennard Wilson. Commanders Joe Whitt Jr.

It's probably the most diverse hiring window ever. Possibly the most diverse range coaching staffs ever across the league.

And there is racism because someone most of the league seems to think is an arrogant prick didn't get hired? Come on.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How is he right?

Raider hire Antonio Pierce. Panthers Canales. Patriots Jerod Mayo. Falcons Raheem Morris.

Falcons hired Jimmy Lake as DC. Ravens Zach Orr. Panthers Elija Eviro. Bears Eric Washington. Fins Anthony Weaver. Pats DeMarcus Covington.Titans Dennard Wilson. Commanders Joe Whitt Jr.

It's probably the most diverse hiring window ever. Possibly the most diverse range coaching staffs ever across the league.

And there is racism because someone most of the league seems to think is an arrogant prick didn't get hired? Come on.
I cant believe y'all are even debating this. We all know Smith's job is to feign outrage to keep the clicks coming. Not even he believes his own takes.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant believe y'all are even debating this. We all know Smith's job is to feign outrage to keep the clicks coming. Not even he believes his own takes.
Yup, sometimes he is spot on and most of the time like this, it's way off. Ever since he predicted LeBron to Miami ahead of everyone else, he's been like this.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
OSU rumor.
The Buckeyes recently hired Bill O'brien to be their OC. Reportedly, he's now a leading candidate to take over Boston College as their new HC and Kliffy would replace him as OC at Ohio State.
There are NO WORDS as to describe how disgusted I would be.
Funny, I was told back then it was going to be Kliff of Chip Kelly as the new OSU offensive coordinator if O’Brien took BC job but thought no way Chip would go from HC to OC.
Guess I got good info and was wrong on Chip.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Funny, I was told back then it was going to be Kliff of Chip Kelly as the new OSU offensive coordinator if O’Brien took BC job but thought no way Chip would go from HC to OC.
Guess I got good info and was wrong on Chip.
Saw a report here locally in SoCal about a week ago that Kelly wanted out of Westwood so bad he'd take a demotion with another college team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22