Watch David Johnson

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Go watch Saquon Barkley and tell me DJ runs anything like him. Barkley is surrounded by an abysmal team .
Barkley isn’t asked to run up the middle with a rookie center in front a dozen time per game.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's hilarious watching DJ get hit behind the line on nearly every play then seeing people blame him. Every time we try something slightly different with him, try and use him like we know he can be used, and something better happens, yet we keep going back to garbage up the middle.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It's hilarious watching DJ get hit behind the line on nearly every play then seeing people blame him. Every time we try something slightly different with him, try and use him like we know he can be used, and something better happens, yet we keep going back to garbage up the middle.

Might as well run Brandon Williams up the middle

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyways we should trade him while we can possibly get a 2nd for him, we need the draft picks.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course we need to make it work but you know a draft pick is coming back. Don't over think it
(a) Trading David Johnson is a terrible idea even without any cap ramifications
(b) The team JUST paid him a huge bonus, so about $20 MILLION would be immediately accelerated onto this year's cap if he were traded. So, you'd have to cut a lot of other players at the same time.

This is not "over thinking", it's just "thinking".

...dbs

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
(a) Trading David Johnson is a terrible idea even without any cap ramifications
(b) The team JUST paid him a huge bonus, so about $20 MILLION would be immediately accelerated onto this year's cap if he were traded. So, you'd have to cut a lot of other players at the same time.

This is not "over thinking", it's just "thinking".

...dbs
I hear ya I'm not for trading him but if you did you have to get a number 1. That's all I'm saying. Of course your going to lose cause if your trading you've already lost a grip of money and the players that come with it.the only bright side is the number 1

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love DJ but he doesn't look the same even when taking the play calling into consideration. That said no way I trade him. He will make it back.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I tried watching him as much as I could y'day. His blocking/blitz pick up is atrocious.

Even if there was a crease (to the left or right) he just went straight ahead.

Someone recommended having him and Edmonds at the same time - since Edmonds is a better blocker, DJ can be split out as a WR. Makes sense to me!

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Cold hard fact DJ is playing soft, he misses what few holes are open and lays down after first contact, he is soft

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if i have DJ, QBOTF, Fitz, PP, etc. and my coach can't make it work with those resources? It's the coach who's gotta go. To suggest that cleaning house, stockpiling draft picks and then replacing proven guys with draft picks is going to happen with a coach that couldn't get wins with pro-bowlers and HOF's is just ridiculous. Just what kind of obligation to Wilks is there that a solid Cardinals teams needs to be torn completely apart and rebuilt in his image? I don't even know that he HAS an image from which he's working.

If the Cardinals were a 1-15 mess without a QB, without any talent, without any recent success...sure, let Wilks do it all his way. But this team isn't in need of demolition or a fire sale. They've got talent and even stars on both sides of the ball. Get rid of vision impaired bulldozer driver and bring in a new contractor.