We need to make a trade...

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
That would be one of the stupidest moves ever. Sacrifying two 1st rounders for swapping Thomas to a weaker player with a worse contract.

Yeah that option might not look great but we really dont have much of a choice since our GM thought it was a good move to trade our only legit bigman off the bench to save money.

And no one wants Banks at his salary, if they did he'd be gone already.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Neither of those deals is realistic. Varejao would still want 10mil a year even if he were traded and he's really nothing more than a large hustle player with limited skill.

Green and Durant play the wing for the Sonics, Swift is always injured I don't know if you're including Sene or not but he's not an NBA player at this stage and really the only front court players they'd be left with are KT and Petro. Plus I don't see wh the Sonics would want Marion since they'd have to pay him a large salary while still being a lottery team in a town they don't even want to be in.

He is way better than both and can opt out at the end of the year and they can go after a big name FA in the offseason. Collison is up for an extension at the end of the year so they won't have to worry about an extension for him. Jeff Green could actually play in the post as he played PF at Georgetown. His game isn't best suited for the perimeter but more of a mid range game.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
The main problems this year so far are...

A. Team Chemistry is poor... We have no identity yet. This is not the same run and gun team of old. No Joe Johnson, no Quentin Richardson, no James Jones.

B. Neither Raja Bell nor Grant Hill have been hitting corner threes this season and have been given NUMBEROUS looks. Barbosa might need to be the corner 3 guy this season.

C. Neither Grant Hill nor Barbosa have been used to their strengths. Grant Hill and Barbosa are scorers, Grant Hill especially is being used wrong, he should be making cuts behind Nash to the basket.

D. Amare isn't being himself.

E. Brian Skinner and the rest of the bench sucks.

100% in agreement.

Suns need to trade. Suns are not playing well. Suns need to wake up and play defense. Suns need bigs.

---------------

With that said, whatever happened to the signature capability? How come people's signatures don't show up anymore?

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Collison's contract is already extended.

I agree that Jeff Green and Marion could build a future very good uptempo F combo. Green is versatile and easily can play PF, has post post-up moves, he is a solid rebounder and passer. He is quiet similar to Diaw.

NastyOne

Reaction score

I agree that Jeff Green and Marion could build a future very good uptempo F combo. Green is versatile and easily can play PF, has post post-up moves, he is a solid rebounder and passer. He is quiet similar to Diaw.

Yeah their skillset is very similar, except Green isnt a total POSsy.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is way better than both and can opt out at the end of the year and they can go after a big name FA in the offseason. Collison is up for an extension at the end of the year so they won't have to worry about an extension for him. Jeff Green could actually play in the post as he played PF at Georgetown. His game isn't best suited for the perimeter but more of a mid range game.

But he doesn't improve them enough to get them out of the lottery and they aren't trying to attract fans with a big name since they already told their fans they want to move to Oklahoma City so the fact he is a better player is moot. Collison already got his extention at slightly above the mle which seems like a decent deal. They could likely trade both guys for expirings and draft picks which would make more since than trading for Marion just to hope for him to opt out of a 18mil contract.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I just don't see Marion fitting into their long term plans at all.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
We need a guy like Milsap, Maxiell or David West - someone to complement Amare. I still think that Strawberry should be seeing some PT too - our guys are going to be worn down by midseason.

I feel like this team was put together by a 30K millionaire - enough to buy the Benz but not enough to fill up the tank. Selling draft picks will become our downfall in my opinion.

NastyOne

Reaction score
We need a guy like Milsap, Maxiell or David West - someone to complement Amare. I still think that Strawberry should be seeing some PT too - our guys are going to be worn down by midseason.

I feel like this team was put together by a 30K millionaire - enough to buy the Benz but not enough to fill up the tank. Selling draft picks will become our downfall in my opinion.

It already has imo

We would've won it all last year with Deng, Al Jefferson, Iggy or Josh Smith starting in the playoffs instead of James Jones.

This franchise will never learn its lesson when it comes to selling draft picks.

Now if we want a bigman by using our trade exception we have no choice but to include ATL first rounder cause we have no other assets that teams want that wont hurt our roster if moved.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
how about use the trade exception to get kurt thomas back. a do over maybe

keric

Reaction score
I agree a trade must be made! We can not rely on the this line up for the entire season. Anyone who has watched the games THIS YEAR can already see it.

"Live by the 3 die by the 3" Anyone else getting tired of this???????????

Dantoni basically plays 2 guards and 3 forwards for the entire game.

We need a 6 9''- 6 11'' rebounder/enforcer type who takes the HARD foul and can help Marion on the boards. (Lets face it Diaw is soft and Amare wants to be a guard)

The problem is Dantoni doesn't want anyone like this if the player can not score/shoot worth a lick. (Reason he doesn't already play Skinner enough)

Skinner needs to play more!!!!

We are already missing Iavaroni!

Everyone hates Marion but the guy is our MVP right now (24 rebounds against the HEAT) (Only player who plays any defense)

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I don't think Nash is looking old and I have been happy with the bench play. I feel like we have a couple guys there that could help us if D'Antoni chooses to use them. Our problem is on defense and I've kept saying over the last two years that if we lose Kurt Thomas we will regret it. The team was always at it's best with a quality defensive big man alongside Amare and now we don't have that. I've liked what Skinner has shown at times, but his defense isn't close to Kurt's. And if you can remember two years ago, Kurt held his ground vs. Shaq. Shaq was playing better at the time, but he rarely got open dunks like he did it seemed each possession today. KT made him work and then eventually, the run and gun tired him out, but tonight he was able to play the whole game despite being way past his prime. You all are talking about getting a shooter, but Bell will step it up eventually and as the season goes on we will have the best offense yet again. The problem is D'Antoni misusing Hill and us now having the worst defensive team in the league.

I still have some hope for the season, but we are now the 2nd oldest team in the league, won't win anything without a dramatically improved defense and now have very few draft picks to build on. I am getting worried. The FO really F'ed up.

A trade is needed, but it won't happen and D'Antoni doesn't seem to understand defense anyway. Watch, we'll go after another Jim Jackson type by the deadline...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are only a few games into the season and already one of the worst defensive teams in the paint already. We need another big scrapper before we need a Raja Bell replacement. I don't care if people want to admit it or not. We miss Kurt.

Our rebounding and interior defense need to be a top priority if we make any kind of move.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Amare/Banks/ATL for Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler

Amare>>>Chandler
Banks/ATL<<Paul

:)

Move Nash to Shooting Guard
Bell to SF

Paul/Nash/DJ
Nash/Barbosa/Bell
Bell/Diaw/Marion/Tucker
Marion/Skinner/Diaw
Chandler/Marks/Diaw

Paul is a great playmaker, and secures the Phoenix Sun's tradition of having the best PGs in the league. This allows Nash to breed Paul into his heir, and is the only logical choice for the future position. If youre like me you have enjoyed elite point guards through your entire basketball fan experience, and as a spoiled suns fan, I demand nothing less.

Paul is also a great perimeter and offball defender, and I think he is leading the league in steals right now. Having a dual PG setup who can both score at will would be absolutely ridiculous. This also increases Nash's longevity as he wont have to go all out every game being the playmaker and scorer, he can do whatever he wants, and would be an insane shooting guard who could still dissolve the defense around him with his playmaking.

Chandler doesnt score much but brings the inside presence we need. A great rebounder andand defender that is doing nothing but improving. With the Suns system his offense will inevitably improve. His injuries are also less serious and less debilitating in the long term. His back hasnt had issues since 04 IIRC and his toe injury last season is much easier to swallow than two knee problems.

Steals skyrocket, blocks skyrocket, defense improves, future secured.

Leave me alone I can dream!

Last edited:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I would take Balkman on this team. He seems like a VERY raw athletic talent and he at least has the mindset for D and is very much a hustle guy. Honestly, he's not a guy you get for this team midseason. Because of his rawness, he would get the same kind of burn that Strawberry and Tucker are getting. He needs an entire offseason with the team to be a worthwhile acquisition. With that said, I WOULD trade Banks for him midseason - it's just not ideal for him....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser